Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
They don't need your Account number to tranfer you money now cause now the handphone number and you bank account are link they can do transfer for it paynow or tranfer to you by just key you handphone number

omg what you say is true.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
peeps, need your advise

one of my family members has just admitted that he has borrowed money from 5 of these ALs. according to him, two of them he's known for a few years. if he needs 1k, they will transfer to him the amount. and monthly have to pay the defer of $400 until he can settle the principal+interest. according to him, he's never had any issues meeting the payment

but this year, he's got loans with 5 of them, all differing amounts but same payment method i.e. defer until can pay principal + interest. the issue now is that he can't make the monthly deferments anymore as it has snowballed to more that $5k. he's asked me for advice but my previous incidents were all the scams version.

i really wanna tell him to stop all payments and make a police report. but what else can he do?

Trustdade

Reaction score
Just do the sames as what u are doing now.

peeps, need your advise

one of my family members has just admitted that he has borrowed money from 5 of these ALs. according to him, two of them he's known for a few years. if he needs 1k, they will transfer to him the amount. and monthly have to pay the defer of $400 until he can settle the principal+interest. according to him, he's never had any issues meeting the payment

but this year, he's got loans with 5 of them, all differing amounts but same payment method i.e. defer until can pay principal + interest. the issue now is that he can't make the monthly deferments anymore as it has snowballed to more that $5k. he's asked me for advice but my previous incidents were all the scams version.

i really wanna tell him to stop all payments and make a police report. but what else can he do?

RemoWorried

Reaction score
Use "Do not disturb" mode also, set "Receive calls from contacts only"
Anyone else who calls you will end up in missed calls.
If it is a number, you can choose if you want to call back. (check whatsapp groups if the number is someone you may know)
If it is a private number there is no chance of you calling them back.
Prevention is better than a cure

How to activate the " Do Not Disturb" call mode?

Trustdade

Reaction score
Dun think so la,they still need ur account num de. So here who got money from paynow or paylah?

They don't need your Account number to tranfer you money now cause now the handphone number and you bank account are link they can do transfer for it paynow or tranfer to you by just key you handphone number

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun think so la,they still need ur account num de. So here who got money from paynow or paylah?

no need acct number. if that receiving number has been linked to a bank acct, then just key it in will do.

With all these scams going on, wonder how wise or useful to link hp number to bank

Reaction score
peeps, need your advise

If he borrowed with no proper contract or the people lent him are not on the MAS licensed list, it is all UML = illegal.

If they anytime change terms, pay already say never pay, anyhow charge interest or say transfer wrong account or whatever nonsense lies, ITS A SCAM!

D20203

Reaction score
Hi guys Here is my story

I took up loans and ended up stuck with payment.Some lenders are nice that they are willing to let me settle slowly while those deferment ones die die ask me to pay even after I paid their defer loans.Now that I am unable to cope,I tried talking rhigs out and see if I can settle my payment slowly.All the threatening starts ,burn house lah ,spray paint lah .I seek advice to one lender and all he said is ignore and block.But another issue I'm facing is I was stupidly enough to open up bank accounts to other lenders thinking it's going to offset me some loans.Now I cannot take it anymore but just wanna come clean with the police.But I worry I might be in more trouble after reading up the fact that I assisted in their money lending operations.

I have another story where a lender transferred me an amount even when I don't take it from them claiming it's a 'trial' loan and I will get a loan after paying them an amount.So what I did was I never use the money and return back whatever they give me.And now they claim to say I took that loan and want me to pay back to clear in which I never loan in the first place.Now they are threatening me with pictures of o$p$,trying to contact my NOK and also calling up office.

I need advise especially the bank account part.

Hi bro,

My advise is to face up and come clean with the police. Ignore and block all calls coming in and also to change your bank accounts.

All these AL cant really do anything, install a camera and standby just incase something comes up. Stay strong with your minds, dont let those pictures or voice mails scare you!

It happens to me and till a point i return fire back to them, want money u directly come my house take. Dont be phone warriors hide behind.

RemoWorried

Reaction score
Now they start calling my office and tell everyone that i owe them money from loanshark. For today i am still safe cause my close friend is the one answering the call..

Wow... So stressed up. Got to start looking for job..

RemoWorried

Reaction score
Anyone got the trend what time usually they start calling the office? This f...... is really blood suckers

Spidie

Reaction score
Now they start calling my office and tell everyone that i owe them money from loanshark. For today i am still safe cause my close friend is the one answering the call..

Tell your friend question them who are you ? If illegal or private moneylender i will report to police.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Reaction score

If you value this job, let your boss and colleagues know you have been scammed if you know they will support you.

If not, start looking for other job. There is no pattern to scammers, they will use fear and lies to get you to pay.

Do not entertain them, every harassment, lodge a report.
Anytime you encounter any suspicious people around your home or office call 999.

Trustdade

Reaction score
See how la understand boss will not be an issue to work la.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
If you value this job, let your boss and colleagues know you have been scammed if you know they will support you.

If not, start looking for other job. There is no pattern to scammers, they will use fear and lies to get you to pay.

Do not entertain them, every harassment, lodge a report.
Anytime you encounter any suspicious people around your home or office call 999.

I agree. Let your company know about what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.