Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain america sg1

Reaction score
the LS will call the workplace but will they actually go to the workplace??
they also send video that they’re infront of the house but they never do anything or damage any property,what is their purpose doing so??usually how Long this whatsapp and phonecall threatening last??

Usually their first step is to harrass u.. followed by your nok. If still no respond from you.. next target to call your work place.. lastly they will ask their runners(mostly banglas or teenagers to come at your door steps to take photos of your door/gate. This tactics to get your attention to communicate with them and make u pay.. they will start harrasing la, saying want to burn your house la.. bla bla bla
they will will never come to your work place.. because they are UML(unlicense money lenders) they dont even dare.. they have no rights.. its not legal also for them..(unless its legal licence Money lenders) you just need to be mind strong.. they may harrass u.. humilate u.. make u lose your job.. lose face at your work place.. but till wen? Till u bankcurp? Stop giving them money... its illegal to lend money to other without license but its not illegal if u didnt pay.. dont fall into their trap.. keep your money.. make a police report immediately.. change your number.. get approval from town council to install cameras at your door.. from there they will stop coming.. now adays HDB have cameras around.. lift, voidecks and some staircase landing.. if anything suspicious it will alert the police.. if LS do anything like splash paint.. the cameras have the recordings.. they will mind blown u around few days or weeks, maybe months.. share with your nok and superiors what u are facing.. so they know whats going on.. they can help u.. it not whats the matter looking for another job? Remember be strong.. it takes awhile.. be motivated

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
the LS will call the workplace but will they actually go to the workplace??
they also send video that they’re infront of the house but they never do anything or damage any property,what is their purpose doing so??usually how Long this whatsapp and phonecall threatening last??

Hi,

Ive received same thing send video of infront of my house. They record and send to me. Next day kena paint liao. Standard procedure get some desparate person splash paint. Not many willing to do it cos now got rotan.

Just fix a camera for deterence. Hopefully nothing happen

Need_help_

Reaction score
Cleared my loan 2k,they say never clear coz acct freeze..paid defer coz don’t want them to harass NOK..but a week later when its time to pay I block their number,LS use other number to call but i ignore..harass my workplace nonstop & NOK..read from all the previous thread,so I made police report..while making police report they are still harassing me,NOK and workplace..cannot tahan answer the phone and tell them I make police report and suddenly everything stop and so far just video of my place but don’t know if they just laying low and planning something for now or they will stop totally..keeping fingers crossed hopefully stay this way..

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, scammers do all kinds of tricks and lies and use fear and threats to squeeze money out of people. They are really terrorists on the ground.

You know what is terrorist ?
If no take other people money or benefits in the first place, there is no such problems. Don't know what is inside those people mind for borrowing money from stranger through WhatsApp or Facebook. So many pretty girls working at the bank. Why can't walk directly to the Bank and borrow money instead get from strangers ?

Zulfakar

Reaction score
Yup I followed and did as mentioned on. Post #8708

Waiting to see what will they do next

No need worry if you follow the post #8708.
You are very safe provided you are Singaporean and staying in Singapore.
#8708 is not applicable to Legal Money Lender and foreigner.

Zulfakar

Reaction score
They are all the same... Just using different tactics to suck out money from us..

They call workplace.. Home... Nok

Until u pay up to them...

It never ends

Cleared my loan 2k,they say never clear coz acct freeze..paid defer coz don’t want them to harass NOK..but a week later when its time to pay I block their number,LS use other number to call but i ignore..harass my workplace nonstop & NOK..read from all the previous thread,so I made police report..while making police report they are still harassing me,NOK and workplace..cannot tahan answer the phone and tell them I make police report and suddenly everything stop and so far just video of my place but don’t know if they just laying low and planning something for now or they will stop totally..keeping fingers crossed hopefully stay this way..

Zulfakar

Reaction score
They got the photo... They WhatsApp to me

Police report has already been made..

They already got the photo/s or you are just speculating?

In fact, we can’t control what they want or will do. We can only control ourselves and be strong and vigilant is the way to go. Go ghost on them and slowly they will move on to other targets.

Don’t ask me how long more as nobody will have the answer.

Try to live life as per normal (I know it’s not easy) but ya, there’s really nothing to do if you had already done what you are supposed to do (I.e inform NOK, office, camera, police report, block, etc)

All the best to all that is going through this.

Zulfakar

Reaction score
Thank you brother.. For Yr advise and kind words...

Technically I don't owe them anything other than the interest cause its a "force transfer" in the first place

And I return only the principal amount

Just tahan only brother.. what they can do? In sg now its very secure.. cameras are everywhere.. they want to come to your place/office? Also got cameras.. they come inside your house lift also got camera.. stairs also got camera.. now sg very hi tech.. to place safe put camera outside your house.. to be afraid.. be mind firm.! Share to you nok and superiors at work if possible.. make them understand... if u work hard at work.. definitely your work mates and bosses will support and understand you.. dont tell me your work mates and family dont understand you wen u are in a desperate needs? Remember.. they are UML.. they have no rights to do anything to you.. They just playing with your mind.. what only they can do is.. call ur office.. humilate you.. harrass you.. harrass your nok.. ask bangla come your doorstep take photo of your door.. just to make you pay and fall into their trap.. be strong..! You wan your life back? Then be mind strong! You can do it! Report police.. put fake camera outside your house.. Block them.. change number.. shift house and job if possible.. in shaa Allah u can brother! Fasting month coming.. dont waste your money on them.. better your charity or spend on your family.. again i repeat.. they are UML.. its illegal for them to lend us money without license l but its not illegal if we didnt pay them back..

Shaggy3601

Reaction score
Hi I would like to share my friend has borrow 400$ from LS yesterday was the due date but he has no money to pay than the LS call him and ask to pay 300$ today but my friend still didn't have money to pay and he already block the number. Than the LS send watsaao to he from another number and harrast him telling he will look at his job.
But my friend is Malaysian.
Is it can get any advice regarding this problem friends.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I would like to share my friend has borrow 400$ from LS yesterday was the due date but he has no money to pay than the LS call him and ask to pay 300$ today but my friend still didn't have money to pay and he already block the number. Than the LS send watsaao to he from another number and harrast him telling he will look at his job.
But my friend is Malaysian.
Is it can get any advice regarding this problem friends.

#8708 is not applicable to your friend. Your friend is safe as long as in Singapore because they can't harm him in Singapore. What about his family and relatives in Malaysia ? You know how's powerful gangster and ah long in your country right ?Please look for the famous Datuk Seri Michael Chong. You sure know who is him.
By the way, normally your friend = yourself.
Good luck.

Reaction score
If no take other people money or benefits in the first place, there is no such problems. Don't know what is inside those people mind for borrowing money from stranger through WhatsApp or Facebook. So many pretty girls working at the bank. Why can't walk directly to the Bank and borrow money instead get from strangers ?

Yes what is a terrorist?

Terrorizing people and using fear tactics to squeeze money out of them.

How about those who innocently get a forced loan? How about those who want you buy phone but unwittingly released personal info and got harassment, did they get any benefits?

Do you have first hand experience of this or just commenting from the sidelines?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes what is a terrorist?

Terrorizing people and using fear tactics to squeeze money out of them.

How about those who innocently get a forced loan? How about those who want you buy phone but unwittingly released personal info and got harassment, did they get any benefits?

Do you have first hand experience of this or just commenting from the sidelines?

https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

Can't find any of it you had talked inside the link.

Messup

Reaction score

Come on, the girls at the banks are not our sisters or someone we know too which equates to strangers.

Not all took other people’s money or benefits in the first place. I am sure you have read such cases before, no?

If given a choice, no one wants to borrow from anyone, even banks.

So please, most of us had already gotten into such situation and is already not in good light. (You will only understand if you had been through it yourself) What we need is good advices and supports to tide through these times as most will be lost and fearful. So please be a bit more sensitive and understanding.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro, i told him we are not judge of people. But we are judges of fairness.
Who wants our backhole be fxxked?
A problem needs to be treated.
Its not just the problem of the borrowers , its the problem that manifested into family and workplace issues.
This is, I believe all of us here take a common stand.

Welcome on board captain america sg

Come on, the girls at the banks are not our sisters or someone we know too which equates to strangers.

Not all took other people’s money or benefits in the first place. I am sure you have read such cases before, no?

If given a choice, no one wants to borrow from anyone, even banks.

So please, most of us had already gotten into such situation and is already not in good light. (You will only understand if you had been through it yourself) What we need is good advices and supports to tide through these times as most will be lost and fearful. So please be a bit more sensitive and understanding.

Thank you.

RemoWorried

Reaction score
Got a watsapp from a different no this morning saying that they will send people to come my house. Will they do that?

Captain america sg1

Reaction score
Mostly here have been in a desperate need.. have been there.. yes its a mistake for taking a illegal loan.. therefore if possible not to take any loan at all be its illegal or not with altho we are comfortable to pay.. we can’t predict the future what will happen next.. sometimes in life things will happen.. well thats life... its only on how you manage things properly.. but dont ever felt useless.. learn from mistake people.. stand up.. look forward.. get your life back.. look at your family.. dont just because of our mistake and our family members pay the prize.. altho how bad it is.. theres no need to blame anybody also.. we also need to understand if we lend to someone we definitely expect them to pay.. but things already happen.. lead a new life.. do what you need to do..
1. Report police
2. Alert your nok and superiors at work
3. Change your number.
4. Fix camera
5. Close your bank accnt.
6. Change address and job(if possible)
7. Get you life back

Captain america sg1

Reaction score
Bro, i told him we are not judge of people. But we are judges of fairness.
Who wants our backhole be fxxked?
A problem needs to be treated.
Its not just the problem of the borrowers , its the problem that manifested into family and workplace issues.
This is, I believe all of us here take a common stand.

Welcome on board captain america sg

Thanks Fearless

Reaction score
Got a watsapp from a different no this morning saying that they will send people to come my house. Will they do that?

No one can say for sure if they will come on or not. Stand by with CCTV and call 999 if it ever happens.

This is Singapore, nobody harasses and can escape. Really there is not much to do other than ignore them, stay strong and get on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.