Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Guys. Need some advise. Apparently my friend wanted to loan from some LS. She is very much aware they were not legal ones. The problem is she is currently working as a freelance so no CPF contribution. The LS told her they cannot loan her as there were no concrete proof that she is working.
Idk what is their conversation exactly but they asked for her nudes and promise to pay her $800. Which she send over to them cause she claimed she was desperate in need of money. Now the problem is, they did not transfer her any money. They blocked her from whatsapp and 1 week later threatened to post her nudes and IC on social media.

Already told her to make a police report and all. She said she will do it tmr. So now do you guys really think they will post her photos especially when they did not transfer her any money?

Thank you in advanced.

Its a form of cyber-extortion scams. Actually if you visit this page, you will see all the varieties.

https://scamalert.sg/scam-details/cyber-extortion-scam

Not much she can do, just report and just bear with it until it goes away.

Captain america sg1

Reaction score
Alamak.. like that da susah liao.. she also aiyo.. why until like that.. ok la understand sometimes desperate needs.. but takan sampai gitu skali.. for now.. she just need to tahan lo.. report police also for what? Da tkleh buat ape2.. her case is different already.. she just need to deactivate her social media and not trust anyone from now..

Zulfakar

Reaction score
This case is more of A cyber extortion scam... Where the assumed LS ask for nudes... But didn't gave out the loan as agreed... Right now they threaten to release the nudes unless some form of payment is made... Typical extortion case... Nothing much Yr fren can do and pray for the best.. For ladies be careful nvr send nudes to strangers regardless of whatever intention...

Guys. Need some advise. Apparently my friend wanted to loan from some LS. She is very much aware they were not legal ones. The problem is she is currently working as a freelance so no CPF contribution. The LS told her they cannot loan her as there were no concrete proof that she is working.
Idk what is their conversation exactly but they asked for her nudes and promise to pay her $800. Which she send over to them cause she claimed she was desperate in need of money. Now the problem is, they did not transfer her any money. They blocked her from whatsapp and 1 week later threatened to post her nudes and IC on social media.

Already told her to make a police report and all. She said she will do it tmr. So now do you guys really think they will post her photos especially when they did not transfer her any money?

Thank you in advanced.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you in advanced.

First time heard in Singapore.
It is very common in China.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/pol...e-cases-revealed-chinese-students-forced-give

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Thank you in advanced.
Wah yr fren so naive ah...

Makminah

Reaction score

I also dont know whether to say she naive or just plain stupid. She still very young about 20 or 21 years old only. She was too desperate for money at that point of time so I want to scold her also no point. It already happened, she was already stressful enough. But keep on asking her to make a police report, she keep on saying she scared.

Uncontable

Reaction score
You might want to accompany her to make police report. Those people will keep harass her and send all sort of threatening message to her. At this point of time it can be very stressful and scared. Till now I also very scare n stress.. Jiayou...

I also dont know whether to say she naive or just plain stupid. She still very young about 20 or 21 years old only. She was too desperate for money at that point of time so I want to scold her also no point. It already happened, she was already stressful enough. But keep on asking her to make a police report, she keep on saying she scared.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lucky she never go Sam Leong forum sell body.
Faster ask her go to make a police report.

Ytpapa

Reaction score
This happen to me of a existing LS I own post as a new lender n ask me do a video.
In end loan amt didnt happen n saw my video post in social media.
Report to SPF n the social media to block sender n remove post.

Sometime in desperate moment, we cant think well.

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
This happen to me of a existing LS I own post as a new lender n ask me do a video.
In end loan amt didnt happen n saw my video post in social media.
Report to SPF n the social media to block sender n remove post.

Sometime in desperate moment, we cant think well.

Yes... Happens to me too.
You will sometimes find LS whatsapping you offering loans.
They are all merely trying to fish information.
The best thing to do is completely ignore them and block them.

Need_help_

Reaction score
I was scammed by the first LS & took loan frm a 2nd LS..I don’t have the cash to make full repayment so I’ve been paying defer for a few times but now I really have no money to make full settlement or even defer..Tried to negotiate but the LS keep on asking to pay the full amt..I really don’t know what to do..

Makminah

Reaction score
I was scammed by the first LS & took loan frm a 2nd LS..I don’t have the cash to make full repayment so I’ve been paying defer for a few times but now I really have no money to make full settlement or even defer..Tried to negotiate but the LS keep on asking to pay the full amt..I really don’t know what to do..

You should block them, stop making any more payments and make a police report immediately. Do this first and be mentally and emotionally prepare for what's to come. Even if you want to close account, they will give you so many excuses and only allow you to defer.

The initial part wont be easy, they will harass you, your NOK and workplace. So be inform your NOK and workplace first. I think they would appreciate the heads up.

The rest of the things of what you should do i basically the same. Read up the past post you'll get the idea. Goodluck ya! 💪

Need_help_

Reaction score
My NOK & workplace have been harassed by the 1st LS which was quite traumatizing & I’ve made a report to the police for that..but the 2nd one I didn’t include with my 1st report bcoz I thought I can negotiate..should have made a report & get it over & done with frm the start..

You should block them, stop making any more payments and make a police report immediately. Do this first and be mentally and emotionally prepare for what's to come. Even if you want to close account, they will give you so many excuses and only allow you to defer.

The initial part wont be easy, they will harass you, your NOK and workplace. So be inform your NOK and workplace first. I think they would appreciate the heads up.

The rest of the things of what you should do i basically the same. Read up the past post you'll get the idea. Goodluck ya! 💪

Reaction score
My NOK & workplace have been harassed by the 1st LS which was quite traumatizing & I’ve made a report to the police for that..but the 2nd one I didn’t include with my 1st report bcoz I thought I can negotiate..should have made a report & get it over & done with frm the start..

Hope you have your workplace and NOK understanding, there is no way payments can be kept up if it is a loan scam. They feed on your fear and their threats is used to scare you.

Do not pay, report all info to the police and cut contact!

Need_help_

Reaction score
The 1st LS is a scam & I’ve already made a report & after that there’s no more harassment by them..the 2nd one I’ve yet to settle full payment,been paying defer not bcoz they ask for it but i was the one paying defer bcoz I don’t have the money.. I don’t know if my workplace will be understanding enough again if this one start harassing my workplace.

Hope you have your workplace and NOK understanding, there is no way payments can be kept up if it is a loan scam. They feed on your fear and their threats is used to scare you.

Do not pay, report all info to the police and cut contact!

Reaction score
The 1st LS is a scam & I’ve already made a report & after that there’s no more harassment by them..the 2nd one I’ve yet to settle full payment,been paying defer not bcoz they ask for it but i was the one paying defer bcoz I don’t have the money.. I don’t know if my workplace will be understanding enough again if this one start harassing my workplace.

Know that your data gets passed around so many more will come and offer you "help". As long as they are not licensed, they are UML. Seek your company understanding of the scam, if not possible, time to look for another job.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
She need money for what..she can go work part time ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.