Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

beedaboo

Banned
Reaction score
of cos i cant stop them but just wanna let u know my case is i owe a total of around 8k 6 stalls. got painted few times and letters within the month. at first damn scared too but after the first paint i start to think come do already confirm wont pay. second and third comes feel like normal already just go thru procedure call 999 take statement thats it. my advice is just change number dun let them have anyway to contact you. slowly they will feel come do your house also cant contact you whats the point. like one way and they have to pay runner to do it. i can say they are quite at a losing end also at this point. they cant show up in person also can get in touch with you. what they are best at is always act fierce in msg i feel is pretty weak.

sorry to ask.. u not scared neighbor gossip about your family?

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Ya .scare pay lor..pay till y dry..same like me after tio paint I also not scare liao

Must be thick skin lor.bo pian.
I owe 22k in total. Used it to pay for my uni fees. About 15 stall.
Pay until i lost my job. Till now havent get a job.

Used to pay 3 stall every day. At first can tahan. Slowly until buay tahan.
Learned the hard way. Since late feb till now, i got splashed once. Harassment twice. So far all good. I think they give up liao.

Hang in there everyone. This thing wont last long. They act on ur fear so just ignore and carry on with ur life.

Reaction score

Learned the hard way. Since late feb till now, i got splashed once. Harassment twice. So far all good. I think they give up liao.

Hang in there everyone. This thing wont last long. They act on ur fear so just ignore and carry on with ur life.

Did you report the case to police?

Makminah

Reaction score
This I think is in the hands of blue. No need to comment.

But I find it amusing on how the value in atm card be disbursed to the syndicate. Should the card be allowed to make withdrawals in a foreign country. Makes local policing diffulcult. Plenty of hardup runners to do this job.
They are really invisible.

His mother somehow manage to log in to his i-banking. Apparently everyday they will withdraw whatever amt that was transferred the previous day at the same time and place.
Yes I agree, many youngster are falling into this runners trap for easy money.

Jejel88

Reaction score
Yeap. I got two cctv up and running. IO ask me to stop paying which i did after the payment price go up cos late 5mins.

Hi, meaning u told the police you took from uml and cannot pay back? What did they do to you? Any punishment? As for the ah long, when they come to your place, did you confront them?

OneLeafBoy

Reaction score
Ah Long Website

goldcreditsg.com/

This is unlicensed correct? Don't know why the website can advertise freely.

Location also different, phone cannot call through.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Ya...that the only way to start a new life..if pay then settle next time u borrow again then u think is easy to settle ma

OneLeafBoy

Reaction score
Ah long showed up when I didnt transfer money. Keep scolding and I paid $600. They will be coming back again next week and tell me don't play games :/

pls_help_me

Reaction score
If they realise cant call thru. Will they go wrkpl or home?
They came up more than once already.

normally wont, at most call nia

i recently got to know a guy who loaned from like 7 different LS , he made police report, then didnt pay them.
Didnt visit his workplace at all, only visited his house.

got splashed a few times, the runners mostly arrested. (for some god reason he thinks he is doing community service by getting splashed on repeatedly)

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hi, meaning u told the police you took from uml and cannot pay back? What did they do to you? Any punishment? As for the ah long, when they come to your place, did you confront them?

Yes i took the loan out of desperate to pay school fees. Bank loan didnt get approved.My bank got freezed cos too many transaction every day. Cos i been paying the stalls severy day. I was called up to go police hq take statement. IO say dont need pay already. Close account and block all no.

So far the law no offence for borrowers. Unless u give them use ur bank account or open bank account or become runner. Then that one jialat la. IO said give him one time to investigate. So i provided all the bank transactions for one year to them. After one week he called me to say im cleared. Bank account unfreeze in one month. Like that only lor.

Ah long wont go ur house one la. Usually its debtors turned runner or young punk go up your house to splash paint. But now cos there caning(rotan) for offenders who carry out harassment activities.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
For those wondering how they get ur neighbours home tel no. is because they have a yellow page kind of website. Its called data.com.sg

All the home owners listed there with names and tel.no
They also very it savvy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.