Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Remember months ago i posted help got assisting LS for the use of my bank account , the investigation took from dec 2018 till may 2019 , ytd my IO told me i have to attend court , even i was "forced" to help them transfer money .

Anyone here been on court because of this as a first timer ? Need advise . Tks

Hello! I believe you are innocent or at least "tricked" into doing it at a time of fear. This is a key component of their operation else they can't function.

It is a also of new level of "loan scam victim" which nobody if they know would want. The law is the law, they don't care who, they look only at plain hard evidence.

If you really really believe that you did not wrong, pls go seek legal help, can be pro bono lawyers to help you. Seeking help here might not be the best option because not there is much experience here.

Stay strong and take care!

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hello! I believe you are innocent or at least "tricked" into doing it at a time of fear. This is a key component of their operation else they can't function.

It is a also of new level of "loan scam victim" which nobody if they know would want. The law is the law, they don't care who, they look only at plain hard evidence.

If you really really believe that you did not wrong, pls go seek legal help, can be pro bono lawyers to help you. Seeking help here might not be the best option because not there is much experience here.

Stay strong and take care!

Hi

Yes am seeking help from to get a pro bono lawyer to go tru the case , this is a tough road for me , as a single um with 2 kids and aging parents , once taken the wrong path can never turn back , what done has been done we cannot turn back time . i have been tru hell , like getting my door and gate painted. i do still have outstanding with them , my total loan was $5500 from 5 stalls. i have paid back till now owing each stall balance less then $500 , hopefully with this "small amt" thwy wont send runner or call my office .

Installed CCTV , police report made , phone number cut , bank account still using but dont think they will "transfer" any more fund to me lah .

Peeps out there stay strong , i also went to see my Mp for help , they refer me for social help , very nice grp of ppl and they support they gave me helped me pass tru in the beginning stages .

STAY STRONG .......

Fear Less

Reaction score
The sad part is when people ask for advice and do the opposite out of fear for them by continuously paying to them.

Scums are scums . Bro Green said no need to reason with them.

Hi Fear Less, once again.

I'm saying Hi to you because it was reading all these posts here got me mustered enough courage to stop paying. Though unforeseen circumstances has happened, but I've gone through it altogether. So thank you for the past posts that has helped so many.

Mibro10

Reaction score
Hi 89girl, seems like we are in the similar situation.. The guy has been whatsapp calling and sent some messages. I did not bother to open the unread messages though. Just let it be. The guy did call my NOk as well, but i ask them to simply ignore. I have yet to ask bank to return the transfered sum..
Just stay calm and be vigilant, we did nothing wrong.

Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named D. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Till now, a week has passed. No account number to be given. But the IO said that if this guy were to give the account number, just transfer and block the number. And ignore all calls.

Now I'm just worried. What will he do next? Yes, I'm a gullible person to fall for this trap/scam. I don't know how to recover from here onwards.

Advise? Help? Please.

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea how to block those retard from sms, whatsapp, line and phone call?

Registered for DNC registry a few years back but have been constantly receiving sms asking to take loan and phone call on sunday asking to take loan.

I have never taken any kind of these retarded loan before. They are just trying their luck to find another victim.

Already made police report but seems like no use, cause they keep on changing number. This year is getting more rampant, each day receive at least 5 such sms and sunday confirm will receive one phone call.

green72

Reaction score
For sms, if you using android phone ( not familiar with iphone) under sms -> settings -> block messages -> block phrases. You can add common phrases they use.

For calls, you can install an app called Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Just set to block all calls except on your contact list.

For Whatsapp, can report and block only.I hope whatsapp updates with feature to prevent anyone from adding you to a group and block any unknown number not on our contact list.

Like I said before, our Govt bodies with telcos need to collaborate to stop this menace. It's getting out of hand.

any idea how to block those retard from sms, whatsapp, line and phone call?

Registered for DNC registry a few years back but have been constantly receiving sms asking to take loan and phone call on sunday asking to take loan.

I have never taken any kind of these retarded loan before. They are just trying their luck to find another victim.

Already made police report but seems like no use, cause they keep on changing number. This year is getting more rampant, each day receive at least 5 such sms and sunday confirm will receive one phone call.

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi, Green72, updates: he recently contacted me and he agreed for me to transfer back 250 first. The remaining 500 he said he'll give me another acc to transfer.. he didn't ask for more though.so I'm not sure if this is something not to be worried about. So in the event that I've transferred the whole sum.. Not sure if he'll disturb me for more.....

Hi sis. I hope you're holding on strong.
Like many others who mentioned here dont need to bother replying them at all. I know it's not easy but trust me it will get better. Family support is crucial so give your family members a heads up. This will at least prepare them for whats to come. Inform your workplace too.

If you choose to pay up, chances are they will ask you for more money afterwards. The reasons they give will blow your mine. Like, have to pay cancellation fee, admin fee, late payment and etc.

Cut all ties with them and move on with your life. I understand your IO advise you to pay transfer them back the initial amount and block them. Everyone is just trying to help but at the end of the day, it's your call.

Good luck and stay strong alright. 💪💪

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Hi sis. I hope you're holding on strong.
Like many others who mentioned here dont need to bother replying them at all. I know it's not easy but trust me it will get better. Family support is crucial so give your family members a heads up. This will at least prepare them for whats to come. Inform your workplace too.

If you choose to pay up, chances are they will ask you for more money afterwards. The reasons they give will blow your mine. Like, have to pay cancellation fee, admin fee, late payment and etc.

Cut all ties with them and move on with your life. I understand your IO advise you to pay transfer them back the initial amount and block them. Everyone is just trying to help but at the end of the day, it's your call.

Good luck and stay strong alright. 💪💪

Please change your hp and ignore all msg from them. I used to have 20 ah long and around 80k debts. Ever since i change my hp and cut off connection with those ******, i cant say i total peace but at least after 2 paint job and few months of harassment i am living in peace now. Finally can see light from sky. Anyone going through now is nothing compare to mine, but i hope u guys listen to my advise, change your hp no. N ignore block all thier msg.

Vinxe.Bon

Reaction score
I was offered a loan thinking it is from a legit money lender. They asked for my NRIC for approval. Then on the 3rd June 2019, someone deposited $400 into my account from a ATM. I had no signed agreement to confirm that I agree with any loan terms. Then on the 4th June 2019, some called me to say he was the boss. His name was Jeff. He insisted I had to pay a weekly amount that will be debate back when I get the full loan. I told him I had not agreed to any loan and he insisted that since I apply and they approve, I owe them. I told him to give me an account number so I can return the money and he refused and said it doesn’t work that way. Then he started to threaten me and I knew it was now a Ah Long scam. Please advice my next step as I want to catch these fellows. I asked him where I can meet him to settle this and he refused as well. I have a good connection to 391 North Bridge Road. Was having coffee with my buddy when they called and I asked to meet up. I intent to teach a lesson to anyone of their runners if they dare come my work place or home. I will not be cordial and I will take them to task.

green72

Reaction score
Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm but this ah longs are cowards. If they send someone to collect from you, it's somebody that has no link to them. Just another runner they acquire from fb or similar.
All through bank transfers and hp contact.

Good that you are angry rather scared like so many victims including myself when this happened to me.

Difficult to catch them. We can only make them poorer.

I was offered a loan thinking it is from a legit money lender. They asked for my NRIC for approval. Then on the 3rd June 2019, someone deposited $400 into my account from a ATM. I had no signed agreement to confirm that I agree with any loan terms. Then on the 4th June 2019, some called me to say he was the boss. His name was Jeff. He insisted I had to pay a weekly amount that will be debate back when I get the full loan. I told him I had not agreed to any loan and he insisted that since I apply and they approve, I owe them. I told him to give me an account number so I can return the money and he refused and said it doesn’t work that way. Then he started to threaten me and I knew it was now a Ah Long scam. Please advice my next step as I want to catch these fellows. I asked him where I can meet him to settle this and he refused as well. I have a good connection to 391 North Bridge Road. Was having coffee with my buddy when they called and I asked to meet up. I intent to teach a lesson to anyone of their runners if they dare come my work place or home. I will not be cordial and I will take them to task.

Last edited:

Spidie

Reaction score
Support teach them a lesson.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Vinxe.Bon

The-Internet-has-created-the-bravest-cowards.jpg

green72

Reaction score
For sms, if you using android phone ( not familiar with iphone) under sms -> settings -> block messages -> block phrases. You can add common phrases they use.

bloody spammers are back again.
Any way to block sms that do not show their mobile number ?

seowliao

Reaction score

thanks bro..never ending spamming
Getting out of hand these days

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For calls, you can install an app called Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Just set to block all calls except on your contact list.

For Whatsapp, can report and block only.I hope whatsapp updates with feature to prevent anyone from adding you to a group and block any unknown number not on our contact list.

Like I said before, our Govt bodies with telcos need to collaborate to stop this menace. It's getting out of hand.

Thank you green72 for your reply. I will search for options for iPhone.

It is getting more brazen, they just made a call during office hours. They should get a life and a proper job.

Super lost

Reaction score
Hi, Green72, updates: he recently contacted me and he agreed for me to transfer back 250 first. The remaining 500 he said he'll give me another acc to transfer.. he didn't ask for more though.so I'm not sure if this is something not to be worried about. So in the event that I've transferred the whole sum.. Not sure if he'll disturb me for more.....

89girl...pls dun listen to them and dun transfer... i get into police case just bcos of this type of difference account transfer... lucky is I made police report earlier and prove I'm innocent.. so my suggestion to u is either u spend the money away or ask your IO will it be better to submit this 500 to state ( Government accounts) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.