Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinesson

Reaction score
Yes. Thats what i thinking also. I've already make a police report jst nw in the morning. And the officer also told the same thing as you guys said.

Officers told me 99% they nvr come my plc or working plc to fine and make nuisance wth me. Jst be alert that they will continue harrest me by call or texting me saying they will sent ppl come over to my plc. Officer told me if happen or any suspicious person outside my hse jst call 999. Change my number if i want and close my bank acct fr nw and open to a new one jst incase the officer told me might be the ahlong anyhw or forced to transfer money to my acct again. Well, we also dont knw right. Their movement and tactics. Just be aware. Thnks alot guys fr helping & compliment. Really much appreciated🙇*♂️🙏

I recently also got involved with 2 LS with 3 loans using one loan to cover another loan deferment.. Initially was thought they are from the legal money lender, need ic, sing pass, otp and then say will email me the contract details. End up I received the money but nothing on the contract and found out I have been scammed by these LS new tactics. Something like let me trial observation loan before getting the bigger amount in monthly installment plan.

Heinesson

Reaction score
Hello! First of all, my advice to you is STOP PAYING THEM. The loan will never end. That's the point of this scam. The moment you accede to their demands, that's where they get you. Secondly, they won't come to your office. They know better. Based on what you have told me, and if you haven't said anything to cause them anger, you're most likely not worth them paying anyone to go anywhere to harass you. The most they will do is send you videos of their runners setting fires to some poor chap's house or other such scary videos (which I have been receiving but have yet to open because my heart is too small...)

Secondly, close your bank account immediately and report it to the police. If your bank account is still lying around and making transactions to them, you're most likely interfering with current police investigations and you might be implicated, as I was recently enlightened by a very angry IO at the police station.

Thirdly, lie low and ignore/block their calls and messages. I wish you all the best. Please PM me if you need more assurances.

Does it really help in terms of blocking them or ignoring their messages and calls. And do they really come up to your office?

Messup

Reaction score
So am I right to say you had gotten money from the LS and started paying then?

Blocking and ignoring them is to give you a slight better peace as they feed on our fear and ego. Thus, not reading and answering their calls and msgs will help.

Most likely, they will not go up to your office but they will call/ email your office or spam company’s Facebook if you had given them details of your working place.

Please make a police report and inform your NOK and office (show then the police report of tell them you got scammed) and get a cctv if possible.

Good luck

Last edited:

Heinesson

Reaction score
So am I right to say you had gotten money from the LS and started paying then?

Blocking and ignoring them is to give you a slight better peace as they feed on our fear and ego. Thus, not reading and answering their calls and msgs will help.

Most likely, they will not go up to your office but they will call/ email your office or spam company’s Facebook if you had given them details of your working place.

Please make a police report and inform your NOK and office (show then the police report of tell them you got scammed) and get a cctv if possible.

Good luck

Thanks.. Have just make a police report on the harrsement & threats.. The LS still send me a video of his runner or debtors burning a HDB unit. Was just wondering if I have already make some payment but not yet cover the principal amount, will it be agaiated them more?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Thanks.. Have just make a police report on the harrsement & threats.. The LS still send me a video of his runner or debtors burning a HDB unit. Was just wondering if I have already make some payment but not yet cover the principal amount, will it be agaiated them more?

if you continue to pay even after u cover the principle amount , you will be harassed MORE because you are now a cash cow to them

Heinesson

Reaction score
if you continue to pay even after u cover the principle amount , you will be harassed MORE because you are now a cash cow to them

Oh.. LS just inform that if he don't receive the $ by 9pm, standby to guard your hse. Threat or just scaring...? Am worry nw

Spidie

Reaction score
Oh.. LS just inform that if he don't receive the $ by 9pm, standby to guard your hse. Threat or just scaring...? Am worry nw
Tell the loanshark come lar. My door never locked wide open for u waiting for you to come.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

pls_help_me

Reaction score

if you pay them any more than the principle amount, you are basically an easy target to milk for money

instead of paying them for the rest of your life, save the money.
be thick skinned a bit, if they really come splash then police will take action

Fear Less

Reaction score
You read as many pages as possible, they will never live up to the appointment date. Big mouth mf they are.

Why do you still want to see their videos and read their threats if you cant stomach them ?

Stay low pofile.

Any stupid actuon from them will be followd by police action.

throwaway00

Reaction score
Anyone gt this happen to them. The UML force my hub to borrow from LML to repay the "debt" even tho he didnt owe.
Out of fear he did borrow.
Now we got harass by both.
And the police said nth they can do since we borrow from LML.
N i quote from the police.
"Who call you go borrow in the first place. Then u go work two or more jobs to return them lor. They will not harass you anymore."

toms10

Reaction score
Dear all, I just created this account to share my story. I am a new victim of these LOAN SCAMS from just past week. Read through many of the messages here and am *SUPER ANGRY* at how so many have been cheated. For all the victims here, we must stand up and stamp out these scammers and crime.

So much harassment is made to the victims and stress created to them and family members, colleagues, workplace. Jobs lost, family lost, friends lost. THIS MUST STOP and victims must unite to make Singapore a safe place and reduce the number of victims to ZERO.

The 2 people I talked to are Chinese Malaysian.

My story:

I was promised a loan of 10k for 5 yrs and only need to pay $200 for 60 times. (LIE)

I was asked to send IC, income statement, next of kin contacts for loan approval (DONT EVER DO THIS) [others have been asked for SINGPASS, DON"T EVER DO THIS]

I was told the loan was all legal and can be done online (LIE)

I was told they will make a test transaction to me and I just need to transfer them back before they send me the actual loan amount (LIE)

I was told after the funds transfer to me, then they will send me the Terms and Conditions of the loan (LIE)

I was told that they have a legit company with legit license and got website (LIE) - I later checked and found they gave name of an "expired" company" not on approved LML list

After the test transaction amount transferred to me, they started to harass me for the money, saying I took the loan already and pressured me to transfer by a certain time, if not I will be in trouble. After that they harass 2 of my next of kin with threatening messages. You will get it from your next of kin.

*** Never even touch any of these people EVER, also stay away from LML if you can. *** These are not money lenders, they are LOAN SCAMMERS. ***

Spoke to Police, Spoke to Credit Association.

Advice given is:

1. File Report ASAP
2. Do not do any transactions
3. Close bank account ASAP
4. Change all phone numbers
5. Block all their numbers (spare yourself the harassment)
6. Brace yourself for any harassment online or offline
7. Call 999 immediately if there any suspicious people seen near your home or office
8. Lastly, DO NOT BE AFRAID. (You are not the first victim and will not be the last)

Victims who want to work together to fight this and to share info - PM me. Will pass on as much info so that they can work. This is our Singapore, let us make it SAFE.

If not, pass info to:

Members of the public are also advised not to work with or assist loan sharks in any way and to call the police at 999 or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect anyone of being involved in illegal loan-sharking activities.

Crime does NOT PAY. (Pls google these news, I can't post links as am too new)

Case 1: Police warn students against loan shark jobs as 109 people arrested in 3-day blitz
Case 2: 'Auntie' loan shark runner arrested by police

Case 3: 118 arrested for suspected loan shark activities after four-day police operation

First-time offenders found guilty of carrying out or assisting in unlicensed moneylending business may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and given up to six strokes of the cane.

Those found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment may get up to five years' jail, a fine between S$5,000 and S$50,000 and three to six strokes of the cane.

Anyone convicted of providing false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks may be jailed a maximum of 12 months and those guilty of failing to report a change of address may get a maximum S$5,000 fine, up to five years in jail or both.

Those found guilty of instigating a youth to assist in unlicensed moneylending business or carrying out harassment acts on behalf of loan sharks may be jailed up to nine years, fined between S$6,000 and S$300,000 and given a maximum of 12 strokes of the cane.

hi,i am one of the victims to UML. inquired about a loan thru whatsapp, pass them singpass, NOKs account number. to make it short today is the due date for payment. i have no intention to make any payments and before payment i saw 2 unfamiliar person roaming around my corridor. then when i went down, 2 more unfamiliar faces. 1 followed me till the traffic light where i decided to turn around and go another route... thinking for the safety of my wife i made the defer payment and till now no signs of unfamiliar faces ard. how do you get around this f*ckuers. need a helping hand here. tq.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear this. Don’t pay, and close your hubby bank acct! If not they will keep xfer money into his acct. Install a CCTV. Don’t reply to their text or call anymore. Please lodge a online report here, no worries your detail will be safe, https://eservices.police.gov.sg/con...498.63988157.1560178684-1451049683.1521187332 the IO will call your husb ASAP to understand more about his situation.

& how can the police man said too?! It’s too much!!

Anyone gt this happen to them. The UML force my hub to borrow from LML to repay the "debt" even tho he didnt owe.
Out of fear he did borrow.
Now we got harass by both.
And the police said nth they can do since we borrow from LML.
N i quote from the police.
"Who call you go borrow in the first place. Then u go work two or more jobs to return them lor. They will not harass you anymore."

Last edited:

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello there bro, firstly chill and DO NOT make any defer payment anymore. When this goes on, it will be hard to stop as they will do a “force loan” and all. Please make a police report online https://eservices.police.gov.sg/con...498.63988157.1560178684-1451049683.1521187332
Secondly get a cctv. &, close your bank account as to prevent them from xfer anymore money to your account. This is sg and they dare not to do anything to your wife. All these are just useless runners that work for loanshark, but only threaten. Most importantly bro, if you see any suspicious or unfamiliar faces immediately dial 999. Wait no longer!
Stay safe and take care.

hi,i am one of the victims to UML. inquired about a loan thru whatsapp, pass them singpass, NOKs account number. to make it short today is the due date for payment. i have no intention to make any payments and before payment i saw 2 unfamiliar person roaming around my corridor. then when i went down, 2 more unfamiliar faces. 1 followed me till the traffic light where i decided to turn around and go another route... thinking for the safety of my wife i made the defer payment and till now no signs of unfamiliar faces ard. how do you get around this f*ckuers. need a helping hand here. tq.

Last edited:

toms10

Reaction score
hi thanks for e reply, my only worry is my NOKs... worried they will be harrass too... for those whom stopped payments, mind sharing what are the experience/events that took place in the event we stop to pay...tq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.