Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Dun worry , they will not come n put cash at your place dun worry

Hi ClouDClau
Are u also in the same situation?
Setiulsly I'm worried they will come to my house to harass me even after I cleared the trial loan. Now I cannot focus at work

lonewolf909

Reaction score
if they give you any account numbers ? for payments report to the police the bank account number pls. cut or minimise their bank supplies

GiriGiri

Reaction score
if they give you any account numbers ? for payments report to the police the bank account number pls. cut or minimise their bank supplies

What more must I pay? I already paid and cleared the trial loan. Now he said in order for him to.activate the big loan I need to deposit to him 6k.

seowliao

Reaction score
What more must I pay? I already paid and cleared the trial loan. Now he said in order for him to.activate the big loan I need to deposit to him 6k.

halo..you still going round and round and no wake up..why not you faster make a polis report and cut off all talking with them..

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi ClouDClau
Are u also in the same situation?
Setiulsly I'm worried they will come to my house to harass me even after I cleared the trial loan. Now I cannot focus at work

Yup i kena before ..... dun worry after u clear they will not come lah , just block
we aldy tell u what to do if u dont wanna to listen then there is nth we can say further

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Yup i kena before ..... dun worry after u clear they will not come lah , just block
we aldy tell u what to do if u dont wanna to listen then there is nth we can say further

Thank you CloudClau. Going to lodge report later lunch hour

groo-the-wanderer

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun worry , they will not come n put cash at your place dun worry
Loan shark more afraid of you than you of them, becos they are illegal. If caught, 5 years, $50,000 fine and 6 strokes. The people who do harassment are debtors, ordinary folks you, who were duped into doing their work in the hope that they will not be harassed or that their family will not find out. In the end sure get caught becos of 100,000 police cameras in Singapore. DO NOT give your ATM card to Loan Sharks. Sure get caught and high possibility of jail term.

Business model of Loan sharks IS NOT lend u money and earn interest. They make money by blackmail and harassment to squeeze money from you. Meaning, u no borrow also say u borrow and even $500 loan can squeeze you to give $10,000 as long as you can beg and borrow from friends and relatives to give to them.

How to deal with them :
1) make police report at the nearest police post to your hse with their threatening msgs as proof. ask police to patrol your block more frequently
2) change phone nbr if possible, if not, do not take their calls or open their watsapp msgs. DO NOT communicate with them.
3) tell the people staying in your hse that you are a VICTIM, who had foolishly borrowed from loan sharks and regret your actions and will change over a new leaf. Warn them that they (and/or your neighbours) make receive threatening phone calls or letters. Ignore such communication becos these are empty threats.

If you borrowed becos of gambling problem or lifestyle issues, seek help. I personally am a volunteer at One Hope Center, a non-profit Public Charity, that helps gambling addicts (through counselling). All activities at OHC, including counselling sessions, are free. There are other such organisations like Adullam, Blessed Grace, but not sure whether there is need to pay anything

Last edited:

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Loan shark more afraid of you than you of them, becos they are illegal. If caught, 5 years, $50,000 fine and 6 strokes. The people who do harassment are debtors, ordinary folks you, who were duped into doing their work in the hope that they will not be harassed or that their family will not find out. In the end sure get caught becos of 100,000 police cameras in Singapore. DO NOT give your ATM card to Loan Sharks. Sure get caught and high possibility of jail term.

Business model of Loan sharks IS NOT lend u money and earn interest. They make money by blackmail and harassment to squeeze money from you. Meaning, u no borrow also say u borrow and even $500 loan can squeeze you to give $10,000 as long as you can beg and borrow from friends and relatives to give to them.

How to deal with them :
1) make police report at the nearest police post to your hse with their threatening msgs as proof. ask police to patrol your block more frequently
2) change phone nbr if possible, if not, do not take their calls or open their watsapp msgs. DO NOT communicate with them.
3) tell the people staying in your hse that you are a VICTIM, who had foolishly borrowed from loan sharks and regret your actions and will change over a new leaf. Warn them that they (and/or your neighbours) make receive threatening phone calls or letters. Ignore such communication becos these are empty threats.

If you borrowed becos of gambling problem or lifestyle issues, seek help. I personally am a volunteer at One Hope Center, a non-profit Public Charity, that helps gambling addicts (through counselling). All activities at OHC, including counselling sessions, are free. There are other such organisations like Adullam, Blessed Grace, but not sure whether there is need to pay anything

After I report to police should I BRAVELY wassapp them that I already reported them?

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Aldy tell u to block n dont reply , why u want to bring trouble to yourself. just blocked n dont reply anymore

I appreciate ur concern. Please understand this is my 1st time and its traumatic and I think too much. My main concern is will theybcone my house to harass me

lonewolf909

Reaction score

NEVER PAY I never did but they give me account number and I pass to the police . That's the jist of it you cut their banks they will be drained and if everyone pass their bank numbers to police it will minimise their activities . We never pay and pass bank account number to police . That's the most important. Phone numbers they can change etc and they cannot meet you these WhatsApp LS so cut off their banks by reporting to police .

Heartyheart

Reaction score
Stay calm. Just do as what advice here like make police report, close acc, block off the numbers, ignore their calls and you be fine.

I appreciate ur concern. Please understand this is my 1st time and its traumatic and I think too much. My main concern is will theybcone my house to harass me

polarinda

Reaction score
The Forced Loan is a common tactic use by the scums.

I enquired about a loan and as usual they forced money into my account eventhough i did not want to take up any loan after finding out their "company" doesnt exist.

So, made police report, close acct and asked bank to transfer back to the acct which sent me.

Importantly, CHANGE YOUR HP NUMBER!

FORGET ABOUT THEM! never ever engage them on watspp again. They will play mind games with you.

let them do what they want and just call 999 if they dare do anything. Get your batons ready and use it when you see any runners near your place.

you didn't comit the crime, so why be scared?

move on!

Last edited:

polarinda

Reaction score
Also, remember, the people who may come to your house are never the people u deal with on the phone. These are runners and they are just as scared **** as u.

DON'T PAY, DON'T ANSWER, CHANGE PHONE NUMBER!

WHAT CAN THEY DO?

polarinda

Reaction score
To all newcomers

A note to all , when you chg number , for whatapps do NOT use the function chg number , because if u do that everyone in your contact list inculding the LS that has your whatapps chat history will know u chg number .

You have to exit all gr chat before u chg number , when u chg number then ask the admin of the grp chat to add u back in .

VERY IMPT STEP TO TAKE NOTE .

Be Strong all

if u have already blocked the LS on watspp, then he wont know u changed number.

Ironman34

Reaction score
Hi, I do not dare say that I am very experienced in dealing with those LS. I can only says that I have the heart to help most victims but then again they are not the victims as it is likely that entering into a first agreement to check a loan thru LS is already a scoop action done with a Long armed excavator. Imagine how big and deep the hole will be. Presently damages is done so how to get out of it? There is no 100% method to get out of LS **** and all. Everything is based on luck and timing. A debtor will be having nightmare dealing with this problem countering the LS and even worse thinking on how to discuss with family and employer to resolved the situation. As for me, I am thinking of how to transmit the known situations and pointers to unknown ppl that has yet to even have a better understanding on this subject. Now here, there is cases of victim having to fear many things that is connected to LS.
My pointer is to come clean as the damage caused by LS is done resulting in having deep fears and worries.
1. Immediate action must be taken to terminate your bank account that the LS known of as this will prevent $ flowing into your acct by them.
2. Have time for yourself and reflect what has transpired between you and the LS and what you have mentioned to them before and during the servicing of your loan. This is crucial as sometime ppl speak and some hidden information is leaked like you have some one close that is working here or there and where is your favourite haunt/location. All this is important information to the LS. Or you may tell them of some income that you are waiting to receive. This will stick them to you like glue.When you have not done that, LS will not have any ideas of your income flow which is crucial to their scamming and think that you are poor so that it may be pointless to scam you. They may also lack information to harass your closest ppl or location. It will also help you when reporting to SG Police as you will need to report on the date and time of incident. The telephone numbers or bank account numbers plus the method that you have being introduced to the LS. You also need to show if possible the LS bank account number that 1st deposit into your bank account.
4. Talk to your family members that you are staying with and also information of ppl that you have given the LS as collateral or guarantor. Come totally clean with your family and explain with some sob stories that has happened and you have to turn to the LS for help but has being advised by friends and so you stopped but it became a scam and now the present situation that is going to escalate based on patterns of a LS. You can also advise your family members to access this forum and see for themselves the countless victims and those that are helping so that educating matters of this sort will be easily spread out.( sorry my personal opinion and way to help) Your closest family will help if you are honest enough. Once this is done, go to next and last item.
5. Come clean also with your employer and colleagues and you can also use the same sob stories but never lied about the amount that is being borrowed and also the amount paid and the LS system of trial loan with cancellation as it shows a scam written all over. Try your best to show your employers that you are trying very hard to get away from this scam with Police Report(this shows your determination and also shows that you are a victim and SG Police will advice you accordingly to their knowledge)This will show where you stand in your employer mindset. Introduced to them this forum so that your HR group could also learn of tips in handling LS the moment harassment happened as you will be surprise that maybe some of your colleagues have the same problem as you do and is also victims or related parties but unknown to your employer. This scamming business has become wide spread due to the downturn of our economy.

All above required luck and timing which I do not think that you have now as each day, the LS is still deciding to be sure that they can frighten you to pay for something that is not taken and so all the harassment will start but only via social media platforms that you are linked, so please get out of Facebook,Instagram,WeChat & others as thru all these they can traced your movement and location apart from whatever information that they have on you.
If you have done the above items, likely you will feel a burden slipping away from your body and you will feel confident again to faced those cyber warriors of a LS.
When I say timing of talking to your family or employer, do it tactfully when people are relaxed and willing to talk and share. When I say luck is sometimes, the LS have a better cash cow than you, they will forsake you and that’s the best. You will feel great to be forsaken for this matter!!! 😄
Please do remember that (Instilling Fear In You Is Their Strategy And Harassment Is Their Only Weapon).
Hoped that this pointers could help people that have an almost same scenario.
Thank You for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.