Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironman34

Reaction score
Loan shark more afraid of you than you of them, becos they are illegal. If caught, 5 years, $50,000 fine and 6 strokes. The people who do harassment are debtors, ordinary folks you, who were duped into doing their work in the hope that they will not be harassed or that their family will not find out. In the end sure get caught becos of 100,000 police cameras in Singapore. DO NOT give your ATM card to Loan Sharks. Sure get caught and high possibility of jail term.

Business model of Loan sharks IS NOT lend u money and earn interest. They make money by blackmail and harassment to squeeze money from you. Meaning, u no borrow also say u borrow and even $500 loan can squeeze you to give $10,000 as long as you can beg and borrow from friends and relatives to give to them.

How to deal with them :
1) make police report at the nearest police post to your hse with their threatening msgs as proof. ask police to patrol your block more frequently
2) change phone nbr if possible, if not, do not take their calls or open their watsapp msgs. DO NOT communicate with them.
3) tell the people staying in your hse that you are a VICTIM, who had foolishly borrowed from loan sharks and regret your actions and will change over a new leaf. Warn them that they (and/or your neighbours) make receive threatening phone calls or letters. Ignore such communication becos these are empty threats.

If you borrowed becos of gambling problem or lifestyle issues, seek help. I personally am a volunteer at One Hope Center, a non-profit Public Charity, that helps gambling addicts (through counselling). All activities at OHC, including counselling sessions, are free. There are other such organisations like Adullam, Blessed Grace, but not sure whether there is need to pay anything

Thank you Bro for chipping in to help with advise. But the best is for people to understand the new breed of scamming LS as they are totally different from AhLong of the past.
Anyway time change and people do the same.
Just my opinion.

Ironman34

Reaction score
What more must I pay? I already paid and cleared the trial loan. Now he said in order for him to.activate the big loan I need to deposit to him 6k.

Hi you do not need the big loan so why need to deposit.
That is if you want to deposit any $, please deposit into SG charities and you will be blessed.
If you do not deposit into the loan shark scammer account, you are also blessed. You choose.

Ironman34

Reaction score
I appreciate ur concern. Please understand this is my 1st time and its traumatic and I think too much. My main concern is will theybcone my house to harass me

Harassment only happen if you short them $$$ and in your case as you say, transaction of $$$ is completed and done.
You are afraid of them asking you to pay cancellation fees for your enquired loan. This is a scam and the LS is fishing as you are the fish. If you bite on this, only 2 scenario can happen, 1st is you deposit $6k into their account asking for $30k loan, the LS will disappear immediately with you $6k. 2nd, if you called or what’s app then to tell them you cancelled the enquired loan, they will ask for cancellation fees and you wouldn’t be able to pay. Then the scammers will start to harass you as they know the fish has taken the bite. What is the key point??? The point is that you carried on with the communication with them so the profile that you are showing is that you being stupid enough to inform of the cancellation knowing that you need to pay. All these is pointing to a scam and you still step into it. WHO CAN HELP YOU!. Just terminate all communication with them. They will not waste $$$ to get runners to harass you and they wouldn’t be stupid to get their debtors to harass you also as they will lose all their debtors if they do it to you, so why worry for nothing?.

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Harassment only happen if you short them $$$ and in your case as you say, transaction of $$$ is completed and done.
You are afraid of them asking you to pay cancellation fees for your enquired loan. This is a scam and the LS is fishing as you are the fish. If you bite on this, only 2 scenario can happen, 1st is you deposit $6k into their account asking for $30k loan, the LS will disappear immediately with you $6k. 2nd, if you called or what’s app then to tell them you cancelled the enquired loan, they will ask for cancellation fees and you wouldn’t be able to pay. Then the scammers will start to harass you as they know the fish has taken the bite. What is the key point??? The point is that you carried on with the communication with them so the profile that you are showing is that you being stupid enough to inform of the cancellation knowing that you need to pay. All these is pointing to a scam and you still step into it. WHO CAN HELP YOU!. Just terminate all communication with them. They will not waste $$$ to get runners to harass you and they wouldn’t be stupid to get their debtors to harass you also as they will lose all their debtors if they do it to you, so why worry for nothing?.

They already sent me videos burnt house!

Messup

Reaction score

Don’t bother and please report this video to the police.

This is their tactics, now you feel scared right? Feel like giving them the $6k or termination/cancellation fee hoping all these will end right?

STOP DREAMING AND WAKE UP!

Just block all their numbers and calls. Do a screen shot and block the msg.

Best is don’t even read them.

Ironman34

Reaction score
Hi, let me try my best to explain the happenings of harassment on the loan shark portion.
Harasser is mostly debtors that has high loans with the LS and cannot pay and they fear the LS so they do their bidding.
Bank accounts does not register with the LS, they must get debtors or others and pay a monthly for these people to apply for the bank accounts.
In terms of harassment let’s say burning of doors of houses, the debtors turn harasser must do the dirty work and faced legal penalty if caught. The likehood of all harasser being caught in Singapore is close to 100%.
The LS will lose the debtor if he or she is caught but the most important thing is these debtors will admit on those bank accounts that the LS deal with them. The LS will need to close the accounts or be suspended. Those that help them apply for the accounts will be traced and caught also.
1 LS that ordered the harassment could ends up being the big loser if the debtor/harasser is caught . And then again these scammer LS has a leader and that’s why many different stalls. If the leader never give the order of harassment, the LS dealing with you will not do so the next best thing is to send video and threatening sms or what’s app to instill fear in you. So based on all these, if your loan is not significant enough, the harassment will not happen. Hoped all these can help you understand better.

Ironman34

Reaction score
Hi, read mine and all other post to get a better understanding. If you let fear rule you, you will end up as loan shark meal. From the way I see it, if what you say from your experience with LS on the scam is true and straight, no physical form of harassment will happen to you. You will still receive media harassment via phone calls, sms or what’s app. Reporting to the Police is to self assure that somebody is watching over you. Do not let fear of LS rule your life let alone ruin it. The harassment of video is so common to some many that have contributed to this forum. You can ask them.
The likelyhood is that nothing happens.
All up to you.

ITGirL

Reaction score
Today one of the LS in frustration used a tactic that is new to me. He spammed my IC no. and Name with bank account number to multiple ppl including my NOK with the pretext i was the one asking ppl to take loan. Funny thing is the number that was used to spam was my own HP number!

Worried ppl might report me as the LS, i called my IO and he told me to close my bank account but he warned me that i would be arrested as the money loaned to me could make me an assistant in UML?? :s11::s11::s11:

What happened? This is terrible.

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Hi, read mine and all other post to get a better understanding. If you let fear rule you, you will end up as loan shark meal. From the way I see it, if what you say from your experience with LS on the scam is true and straight, no physical form of harassment will happen to you. You will still receive media harassment via phone calls, sms or what’s app. Reporting to the Police is to self assure that somebody is watching over you. Do not let fear of LS rule your life let alone ruin it. The harassment of video is so common to some many that have contributed to this forum. You can ask them.
The likelyhood is that nothing happens.
All up to you.

Thank u. This is my 1st time that's why I freaked out

seowliao

Reaction score
5bxfPKI.jpg

in today paper..
stay vigilant

polarinda

Reaction score

I can't emphasise enough to change your number and don't engage them.
The cancellation fee is a loan scam. You must walk away from it, report police and change account. Ask bank to reverse the money and never do it yourself.

stay low and get your life back. Lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.