Lumia Camera White Balance

HL

Reaction score
Can I check with you guys if there is some problem with the white balance on the Lumia 9xx? I know the auto white balance can be quite fickle but I realise that even if I choose a pre-set white balance, the white balance can also change if you tilt the camera position??

I notice this effect when a near object enters the camera's view when it is tilted and also if I tilt the camera about 45 degrees downwards. And under indoor lighting. Anyone else?

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Yah, L920 white balance is a bit crazy in built-in Camera. But I think Pro cam is better right?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
That's odd. At least you can Autofix to correct WB issues easily.

HL

Reaction score
Manually set WB if Pro Cam keep getting it wrong. You can use my guide here.

White Balance | My Thinking Out Loud!

Thanks E_T, the problem is not setting the white balance but the greenish tint that the camera adds to the photo *after* the shot is taken i.e. when I first take the shot, the white balance looks good and pretty accurate, then about 1-2 secs after the shot is captured, there is a greenish tint added to the processed shot by the camera/software.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Does it look ok on a PC or laptop? It's possible the Colour adjustment on your Lumia 1020 is to blame. I don't see this problem on my Lumia 1020 but then again I set my Saturation to the lowest so it's closer to real-life.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.