LW ask if we want SGP to be back in the 90s...OMG the 90s were like the best!!

Would you be willing to trade a lower GDP and standard of living but have Singapore back in the 90s

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

owenang3865

Reaction score
I dun get it whats wrong with the 90s....

1) no bloody mobiles,....just use pager and send "143"

2) pick up gals using MIRC

3) School was actually FUN!!!!

4) people actually had conversations and built face to face relationships

5) Arcades were the best

6) Velvet Underground and Mambo nights

please add on ....Gen X'ers

so LW if the price of no FTs is singapore back in the 90s as you said today....I would LOVE that....btw

NO Fts
No crowded at all esp in mrt and buses
Food is cheap
Flats is able to afford
Jobs are plentiful to the local

90s and 80s are the best.
WTF why he don't know...stupid!

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of course must care. thats what inclusivity movement is about. cannot stop at gender inequality or racism only. :o

it is about sharing the growth rather than hoarding it just because you can. nepotism classism are just as applicable terms like meritorcracy

another issue from 90s vs today. the rich got richers. are they working proportionately harder to justify their growth?
in reality nobody cares about losers, in particular the entitled complaining ones.

They are the needy in society and those who need help to climb the economic ladder and is will to put in their fair share to do it. These deserve the help.

But none of the losers in EDMW deserve any help. Because if they are sincerely in getting out of their predicament, they wun be spending time here complaining.

They need all the time they can get,

HirotoXeno

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5) Arcades were the best

so LW if the price of no FTs is singapore back in the 90s as you said today....I would LOVE that....btw
Use too much handphone electric people brain.

saycheese

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay what
salary level about the same as now
but living expenses way lower
HDB price also low, transport also low

WHY NOT?

ToonBlue

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time very good sia.

I love my mp. Very on and many activities in my area. now.... Is another story

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay what
salary level about the same as now
but living expenses way lower
HDB price also low, transport also low

WHY NOT?
Aging population need higher healthcare expenses.

New security threats needing sophisticated means of countering them.

All this need money.

Dun be so short sighted like a loser. The car will hit you even if you put your head in the sand

daytonadeltona

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok just to indulge you a bit more la, yes in every transition e.g. from labour intensive to knowledge bases economy to digital economy there will always be a gap. And so YES, local during this period don't have the means or knowledge to move with tech advancements. So yes, we depend on foreigners. In fact, we depends on foreigners to provide us with work like all the foreign banks and many other mncs.

As for rental income, this is just a by product of the govt policies, not borne out of a specific govt policy.

So that's that. If you still differ on opinion with me, you may reply me. But this will be my last response to you, cause I am afraid we may never see eye to eye.
i dont understand when you say during that period we dont have the locals with necessary knowledge.
Is it because we really dont have or locals wasnt given a chance?

Which country in this world argue HR not to discriminate in hiring locals?

The plight to locals unemployment is because of our govt foreign employment policy.

saycheese

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aging population need higher healthcare expenses.

New security threats needing sophisticated means of countering them.

All this need money.

Dun be so short sighted like a loser. The car will hit you even if you put your head in the sand
you don't jiaowei lah
talk about living expenses, you go talk about defense expenditure for what

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you don't jiaowei lah
talk about living expenses, you go talk about defense expenditure for what
thats why u only care about yourself. You will never see the link and tradeoffs.

Opposition loves ppl like you

Typical low SES

adam lambert

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5) Arcades were the best

Life is good in the 1984.

amransan

Master Member
Reaction score
personally i prefer 70s and 80s as 90s for me the start of suffering kena pawn by other sgreang.

the best was 70s and 80s in kampong the best ONLY memories i had in singapore.

saycheese

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats why u only care about yourself. You will never see the link and tradeoffs.

Opposition loves ppl like you

Typical low SES
lol can't argue in a coherent manner
so resort to name-calling :s13:

like father like son
like master like dog

Bardiel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so is he telling us 90s ah gong is fug up ah goh is fug up?

they are the best for 2021 now?

GarnetDragon

Reaction score
The 90s (and a bit of the 2000s) are the absolute best times to be alive man. We were happy, carefree kids, listening to J-Pop, R&B, hip hop, rap music. Our entertainment was simpler, drawing cartoons, watching TCS/Mediacorp dramas, HK/TW movies after school, eating candy/snacks. Simpler technology, like dial-up Internet, Nokia/clamshell phones, messenger programs ICQ, MSN, without the added stress and pressure of social media :s19::super:.

SG was less crowded back then, since there were less ppl overall on this little island. Back then, nobody wd mock u, for disagreeing with mainstream beliefs :look::s21:! I wdn't mind lower GDP growth, as long as we cd go back to these happy days, and simple pleasures all over again!

tomsss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this LW ah, what was he doing during most of the 90s?
studying overseas. bugger wasn't even here. only join govt in the later part of 90s
only read history book

owenang3865

Reaction score
So? We spent so much on defence and new toys and platforms, thinking that the biggest threat to our country is military conquest when we're already conquered by foreign interests and ruled by an establishment class that is utterly hooked on the opium of FDIs, FTAs, and cheap labour imported from overseas under the guise of globalisation.

We need a strong military. But there's no reason we can't do the same with less funding, and put the money into improving society to give people a stake in defending Singapore.

Yes SO?

what are we defend for??? This is the QUESTION now wondering alot in the mind of the young generation!
When we put our life and sacrificed a lot for the country, in the end, how the country treat us back?

Treat us back with more ceca? Overpriced and unaffordable flats and making the local unemployed for jobs, making life more miserable for local? while the rich one sitting on ivory enjoying their elite lifestyle?

Don't talk about defence la, I won't do it IF the white ghost are still there. I will run away and defend myself first!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.