M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

eauyong

Reaction score
For other Brands of routers to release internet connection to ISP.
REFER TO USER MANUAL :)

Last edited:

lazy999

Reaction score
M1 billed me $55 for relocation. Tried called in to get it wavie, but cs said cannot. =(
I didnt know there is charges for relocation. At that time, my m1 broadband also due for renewal.

Perhaps that time i should have cancel it and get a new subscription. More cost saving

lazy999

Reaction score
M1 billed me $55 for relocation. Tried called in to get it wavie, but cs said cannot. =(
I didnt know there is charges for relocation. At that time, my m1 broadband also due for renewal.

Perhaps that time i should have cancel it and get a new subscription. More cost saving
i tried called again and manage to talk to another CS who manage to get wavier for me for the relocation charges.

Gosh.

Learn something new today.

comcrepe

Reaction score
Actually when did the need to call M1 to reset on their end after we change the router started? I switched routers during circuit breaker last year and did not have to call in to get my internet up after I did it.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The relocation charge is applicable to all the big 3 ISPs as far as I know. Not too sure about the smaller players like VQ, MR, etc. I know when I moved, Singtel also have this relocation charge, and I think it was more than 55 bucks then. I vaguely recall that its 80 or 120 bucks. Can't remember that well now since its been 10 years since I moved.

bert64

Reaction score
Actually when did the need to call M1 to reset on their end after we change the router started? I switched routers during circuit breaker last year and did not have to call in to get my internet up after I did it.
Not sure...
It will time out on its own depending on the lease timings, it will also release immediately if you explicitly release it (which some devices will do automatically if you gracefully shut them off rather than just pulling the power). Could be coincidence that it worked for you.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just toggle the GREEN button to 'disconnect' internet connection before you switch off the existing router and remove it.

images
Interesting will try dhcp release at router end next time when I swap router.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure...
It will time out on its own depending on the lease timings, it will also release immediately if you explicitly release it (which some devices will do automatically if you gracefully shut them off rather than just pulling the power). Could be coincidence that it worked for you.
Its the same for me. I've switched router at the start of last year from a Xiaomi Router Pro to a TP Link router and it worked without having to call in to inform of the change. That's why was a little surprised to learn that we need to inform them of the change in order for it to work. But anyway, doesn't matter now. Next time if I change router and it doesn't work, then will know what to do.

razorlala

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting will try dhcp release at router end next time when I swap router.
dhcp release at router is for your internal network. nothing to do with internet.

should be resetting the internet portion on your router interface

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dhcp release at router is for your internal network. nothing to do with internet.

should be resetting the internet portion on your router interface
Yah correct ah. DHCP release from router UI.

I am not referring to ipconfig command. That for the LAN IP release. Has nothing to do with internet WAN IP.

Internet WAN IP must be perform @ the router web interface.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the Digital Voice line?
Do you experience any audio quality issues? e.g. intermittent choppy audio?

Thought it was my old Panasonic DECT phones - but after replacing with new phones, still the same.
Then again, I replaced with new Panasonic model - so it could be a brand issue too.

TitanSmall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My contact ending this sat. And I wish to downgrade to 500mbps from 1gbps. Can I do online recontract now or need to wait till Sunday? Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.