M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can bring my old nobox n56u down they gave me back in 2013? Wht router would they give in exchange?
Any idea which router do they provide for exchange?
You can find your answer in post 7988 and 7989. I believe its an Archer C6. Best to check with M1 in store. I know the CS I spoke to is not able to advise when I asked her on the phone.

thomsonooi

Master Member
Reaction score
i saw that there's a MUMSDAYBB promo code for 1 mth free 1Gbps plan, but only for new customers.

anyone tried to contact the CS teams to get this promo for renewals as well? Not providing router is one disheartening move, but not applying these free-month promotions is quite a slap on the back for current M1 subscribers....

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would prefer some free months than getting a free router to be honest. The routers offered are usually very basic and may not appeal to some people and will end up in the resale market.
likewise and agreed.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Called 1627 today to ask about recontract offers.
500 - nothing
1Gbps - CSO mentioned some deal on Shopee app, can get 1 month waiver. Click to get a promo code, which can be keyed into the M1 store when recontracting. I went to look couldn't really find.

boonkang

Reaction score
Called 1627 today to ask about recontract offers.
500 - nothing
1Gbps - CSO mentioned some deal on Shopee app, can get 1 month waiver. Click to get a promo code, which can be keyed into the M1 store when recontracting. I went to look couldn't really find.

See below link for M1 Fibre x Shopee Coins Rewards Promotion Info (Promo period: 12/4 - 31/8):
https://shopee.sg/events3/code/1356497883/
Terms & conditions for above M1 Fibre x Shopee promotion:
https://www.m1.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/m1-x-shopee-coins-rewards-promotions
Above promo only applicable to new or re-contract on M1 1Gbps fibre -- not applicable to 500Mbps fibre.

Hope this helps.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Recontracted 1gbps today...exchanged the router for the ax55u of which i use as AiMesh. main is still AC86u. Waiting for the AX86u to come which i bought during 5.5 sale.

newsera

Reaction score
I am currently on 500 Mbps plan on M1 with recontract eligibility in September 2021. Can I recontract for 1 Gbps without any penalty or should I have to wait for contract period to get over?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on Starhub 1Gbps fibre now, no more contract.

I want to recontract with M1. But I can't find much good deal at their website now.

MultiSystemAtrophy

Reaction score
Hi guys. I was trying to upgrade my router. Then I plug in new router can't detect the WAN connection despite rebooting the ONT Etc.
So failed replug back in my old router.
But now it can't detect the Internet as well (though my old router shows blue light vs my new one only showing red).
Anything I did wrongly?
Detection of the Internet connection should be automatic right.

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was trying to upgrade my router. Then I plug in new router can't detect the WAN connection despite rebooting the ONT Etc.
So failed replug back in my old router.
But now it can't detect the Internet as well (though my old router shows blue light vs my new one only showing red).
Anything I did wrongly?
Detection of the Internet connection should be automatic right.

plug in old router, do a "WAN disconnect " in the router admin
then plug in new router

M1 "remembers" the MAC addresses of the router.

MultiSystemAtrophy

Reaction score
Haha would have saved me a fair bit of frustration this morning if I knew this before hand.
Haven't touched my router in few years.

eauyong

Reaction score
Recontracted 1gbps today...exchanged the router for the ax55u of which i use as AiMesh. main is still AC86u. Waiting for the AX86u to come which i bought during 5.5 sale.
What model of old router did you offer M1 for the exchange ?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on Starhub 1Gbps fibre now, no more contract.

I want to recontract with M1. But I can't find much good deal at their website now.
I think it depends on how much Starhub is still charging you now. Of the big 3 ISPs, M1 is probably the cheapest at this point in time @ 39.90, but its cheap with caveats because you don't get a lot of freebies other than the router or 1 month free subscription. If Starhub is still charging you below 39.90, I rather you stick with it without contract unless they force you to renew.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on how much Starhub is still charging you now. Of the big 3 ISPs, M1 is probably the cheapest at this point in time @ 39.90, but its cheap with caveats because you don't get a lot of freebies other than the router or 1 month free subscription. If Starhub is still charging you below 39.90, I rather you stick with it without contract unless they force you to renew.
Not to forget change ISP need to pay

Fibre Registration$58.85

Better check with M1 is this is waive for new sign up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.