M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

MultiSystemAtrophy

Reaction score
Haha would have saved me a fair bit of frustration this morning if I knew this before hand.
Haven't touched my router in few years.

eauyong

Reaction score
Recontracted 1gbps today...exchanged the router for the ax55u of which i use as AiMesh. main is still AC86u. Waiting for the AX86u to come which i bought during 5.5 sale.
What model of old router did you offer M1 for the exchange ?

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on Starhub 1Gbps fibre now, no more contract.

I want to recontract with M1. But I can't find much good deal at their website now.
I think it depends on how much Starhub is still charging you now. Of the big 3 ISPs, M1 is probably the cheapest at this point in time @ 39.90, but its cheap with caveats because you don't get a lot of freebies other than the router or 1 month free subscription. If Starhub is still charging you below 39.90, I rather you stick with it without contract unless they force you to renew.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on how much Starhub is still charging you now. Of the big 3 ISPs, M1 is probably the cheapest at this point in time @ 39.90, but its cheap with caveats because you don't get a lot of freebies other than the router or 1 month free subscription. If Starhub is still charging you below 39.90, I rather you stick with it without contract unless they force you to renew.
Not to forget change ISP need to pay

Fibre Registration$58.85

Better check with M1 is this is waive for new sign up.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
woots got my 2 mths waiver from m1. It was from the chat with them on the m1 website that they gave then I went to recontract. Now theres a credit of $79.80 in my account.

ichinisan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it better to go for the 500mbps or 1gbps plan if using a Wifi 6 router?

trowaclown

Reaction score
Hello gurus, I tried searching for my problem but couldn't find it here, so I'm posting this for help.

I'm on M1's 1Gbps plan, and have their ZenWiFi AC 2-pack router. It goes:

Fibre endpoint > modem > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 1 > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 2 > [lan cable] > PC

The problem is, my PC is only registering speeds of around 93Mbps when connected like this. If I switch off ZenWifi 2 and force my PC to connect to ZenWifi 1 using Wifi, I can get around 400Mbps instead. This has gone on for around a week. Previously, I could get speeds of around 900Mbps instead.

I've tried switching off both routers, but the problem persists. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for the help!

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
only exchanged the AX55 from m1...with an old ac1200 that i got from them 2 years ago. i bought the ax86 separately to AImesh it as the main router... ax55 and ac86 are the nodes.
Does the old router need to be spoilt to get an exchange?

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it better to go for the 500mbps or 1gbps plan if using a Wifi 6 router?
I think whether to get 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps depends on your needs. Even with a fast WIFI 6 router, I normally don't get above 500 to 600 Mbps when connected to WIFI. In most cases, its unlikely for you to fully saturate the 500 Mbps, unless you are downloading big files or torrenting.

bert64

Reaction score
Hello gurus, I tried searching for my problem but couldn't find it here, so I'm posting this for help.

I'm on M1's 1Gbps plan, and have their ZenWiFi AC 2-pack router. It goes:

Fibre endpoint > modem > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 1 > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 2 > [lan cable] > PC

The problem is, my PC is only registering speeds of around 93Mbps when connected like this. If I switch off ZenWifi 2 and force my PC to connect to ZenWifi 1 using Wifi, I can get around 400Mbps instead. This has gone on for around a week. Previously, I could get speeds of around 900Mbps instead.

I've tried switching off both routers, but the problem persists. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for the help!
93mbps sounds like you have a bad cable somewhere in the chain that's linking at 100mbps instead of 1gbps... can you check the link speed of the various lan cables?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.