M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to re-contract my m1. They offer me 2 months free for the 1gbps for 24 mths. Previously i was on the 500 mbps. The 1Gbps any different.. Going to cost me $10 more each month

From the Doc
if u r happy with the 500mbps speed, then stick to it. why spend $240 more to save 2 mths worth $80 only?

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
if my m1 500Mbps fibre broadband is on 12 month contracts - $39.90 per month, after 1 year, they will automatically renew my contract? how to prevent from that? on the contract end date or earlier to call them to stop the renewal?

for m1, if dun renew the contract after the contract end date, can remain as no contract and continue to pay the same price or not?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if my m1 500Mbps fibre broadband is on 12 month contracts - $39.90 per month, after 1 year, they will automatically renew my contract? how to prevent from that? on the contract end date or earlier to call them to stop the renewal?

for m1, if dun renew the contract after the contract end date, can remain as no contract and continue to pay the same price or not?

I don't think they will "auto-recontract" your subscription. Most probably, you contract will expires and they will charge you 500Mbps plan at full rate without contract.

But I can't find how much is 500Mbps plan without contract for M1.

For Starhub, their 1Gbps plan is $49.90/mth without contract.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will "auto-recontract" your subscription. Most probably, you contract will expires and they will charge you 500Mbps plan at full rate without contract.

But I can't find how much is 500Mbps plan without contract for M1.

For Starhub, their 1Gbps plan is $49.90/mth without contract.

ok. thanks for the reply.

i had spoken to m1 customer service (after super long waiting time on their 1627 no), the lady told me that my contract will not be AUTO-RENEWED upon the expiry of the existing contract which this is good, as I had heard about this bad thing on M1 for this previously and she say I will still be paying for the same contract price after my current contract expired even I do not renew the contract which is good and this seems to be the same for starhub also.

however, through the call, I discovered one super terrible thing. I signed up my fibre broadband at one of the m1 physical shop because of issue signing up online. I told the lady at the shop that time that I wanted a 12-month contract and ended up the 1627 lady told me my contract is 24-month, this is totally terrible. I even had the photocopy of the 12-month contract (paper) i signed. already feedback this to the 1627 lady, hopefully they will rectify soon. I have yet to receive my first bill as this is my m1 fibre broadband was just activated recently only.

crystalnox

Master Member
Reaction score
ok. thanks for the reply.

i had spoken to m1 customer service (after super long waiting time on their 1627 no), the lady told me that my contract will not be AUTO-RENEWED upon the expiry of the existing contract which this is good, as I had heard about this bad thing on M1 for this previously and she say I will still be paying for the same contract price after my current contract expired even I do not renew the contract which is good and this seems to be the same for starhub also.

however, through the call, I discovered one super terrible thing. I signed up my fibre broadband at one of the m1 physical shop because of issue signing up online. I told the lady at the shop that time that I wanted a 12-month contract and ended up the 1627 lady told me my contract is 24-month, this is totally terrible. I even had the photocopy of the 12-month contract (paper) i signed. already feedback this to the 1627 lady, hopefully they will rectify soon. I have yet to receive my first bill as this is my m1 fibre broadband was just activated recently only.
12-month contract is +$10 more expensive right? If you want the same price as your previous 24-mth, you need to take another 24-month.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
12-month contract is +$10 more expensive right? If you want the same price as your previous 24-mth, you need to take another 24-month.

yes more expensive at +$10 = $39.90. but i need to keep the contract period shorter because i am unlikely to need that for too long. it is an extra $120 for give me more flexibility.

i was on 12-month starhub 1Gbps fibre broadband at $49.90. initially tot will not need to use this for such long. now just switch to m1 to try out m1 fibre broadband for 1 more year and see how.

if i know that i will be needing the fibre broadband for more than one year, i would have signed up starhub 24-month contract 500Mbps at $29.90 per month instead.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes more expensive at +$10 = $39.90. but i need to keep the contract period shorter because i am unlikely to need that for too long. it is an extra $120 for give me more flexibility.

i was on 12-month starhub 1Gbps fibre broadband at $49.90. initially tot will not need to use this for such long. now just switch to m1 to try out m1 fibre broadband for 1 more year and see how.

if i know that i will be needing the fibre broadband for more than one year, i would have signed up starhub 24-month contract 500Mbps at $29.90 per month instead.
Why you do not need internet after 1 year? How you watch your smart TV app like Youtube, Mewatch, Viu, Singtel Cast, Netflix or HBO GO without internet?

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Why you do not need internet after 1 year? How you watch your smart TV app like Youtube, Mewatch, Viu, Singtel Cast, Netflix or HBO GO without internet?

i am forced to stay in lion city currently only so i do not want to commit such long contract. haha.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issue with streaming from meWatch laterly? Last couple of days keeping getting buffering on/off when watching both channel 5 & 8 news! Speedtest reported the correct last mile speed.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issue with streaming from meWatch laterly? Last couple of days keeping getting buffering on/off when watching both channel 5 & 8 news! Speedtest reported the correct last mile speed.

i did a test for you which i have multiple tabs having channel 5, 8, U and CNA all on together at the same time. no buffering while watching.

i switched from starhub 1Gbps to m1 500Mbps recently. so far no difference in between of user experience.
even mobile gaming the latency is similar.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i did a test for you which i have multiple tabs having channel 5, 8, U and CNA all on together at the same time. no buffering while watching.

i switched from starhub 1Gbps to m1 500Mbps recently. so far no difference in between of user experience.
even mobile gaming the latency is similar.
Thanks buddy. It was working fine all this while until recently, need to test if buffering occur with different browser, currently using FF.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all the expert here, I see that there are 4 LAN points on my ONT. Only the 1st port is used.

How about the rest of the 3 ports? Can I plug in another router to port 2 and so on? Or the rest of the 3 ports has no connection?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all the expert here, I see that there are 4 LAN points on my ONT. Only the 1st port is used.
How about the rest of the 3 ports? Can I plug in another router to port 2 and so on? Or the rest of the 3 ports has no connection?

No connection, same for SingTel ONT or other ISP's ONT, if for 1Gbps or 500Mbps plan.

Starhub ONT port 2 is reserved for Starhub Fibre TV set top box connection. Starhub ONT Port 3 is for Starhub 2Gbps users (for you to connect two routers to ONT Port 1 and Port 3, two public IPs).

MyRepublic 1+1 Gbps plan will also have two ports working for you to connect to two routers.

SingTel new users will get ONR which will have all posts working but the ONR is the main router. SingTel 1Gbps users can request to bridge the ONR but not 2Gbps users.

Whizcomms users will also get ONR with all posts working but the ONR is the main router. You can opt for the ONT configuration prior to the installation.

Viewquest 2Gbps will come with ONR as well. This ONR can not be bridged for Viewquest 2Gbps users. Some other Viewquest users will get ONR as well but supposedly you can bridge the ONR in order to use your own router as the main router.

Most of the advanced users will prefer ONT and not ONR. I do not recommend SingTel to new users because of ONR.

Apex

Reaction score

Nope you can't.

ONT only port 1 is enable. The setup should usually be

ONT port 1 to router.

Port 2/3/4 are default disable for 500/1gbps plan

Preacher1010

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows the cost of TERMINATING CONTRACT? i have 4 months left, on 1GB plan

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows what is the procedure to terminate m1 fibre broadband upon the expiry of contract? still need to give notice x no of days in advance exactly before the intended termination date?

is there any termination fee like starhub fibre broadband?

need to return any equipment upon the termination?

thanks.

if after the contract is over, will the same price be remained? will the contract be AUTO RENEWED if i never inform them that i do not want to renew the contract?

thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.