Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basic Internet.... and High speed Internet...

What is the speed difference?

I do not tolerate low-speed Internet even it's free or cheap. :(

We seem to have similar "patience" for low-speed, so I'd say Basic Internet is only good as a (desperate) backup. :D

Like just a couple of hours across the causeway to grab something - Whatsapp standby, or to use any of the telco apps to activate a high speed data pack, when you know you won't be charged even if some other apps trigger some data usage while you're at it.

zzxxzzxx

Master Member
Reaction score
I think most, if not all prepaid SIM don't have pay-per-use data right??
That's why they all came out with this free Basic Data thing.

If you only need basic internet for Whatsapp and Google maps, or uber/grab.
Then it's great to just buy and throw prepaid SIM. Since some have active period of up to 7 or 10 days.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We seem to have similar "patience" for low-speed, so I'd say Basic Internet is only good as a (desperate) backup. :D

Like just a couple of hours across the causeway to grab something - Whatsapp standby, or to use any of the telco apps to activate a high speed data pack, when you know you won't be charged even if some other apps trigger some data usage while you're at it.

Ya. I can't stand low speed connection de. :(

Hmmm... In that case, the free basic internet does has it advantage wor... I like the idea of free basic Internet. :)

I think that xox doesn't have this basic Internet package. :(

The cheapest for few hour in JB is to activate the daily RM3 of 150MB draws from session pass data package.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya. I can't stand low speed connection de. :(

Hmmm... In that case, the free basic internet does has it advantage wor... I like the idea of free basic Internet. :)

I think that xox doesn't have this basic Internet package. :(

The cheapest for few hour in JB is to activate the daily RM3 of 150MB draws from session pass data package.

Free-3GB-webbanner.jpg

The freebies (500MB) will be credited to subscribers’ Season Pass counter. Subscribers are allowed to utilize the accumulative data balance in his/her Season Pass counter at 4G+ High Speed Internet speed but are bound to our fair usage policy.

XOX is cheapskate..

free data with condition...

How can subscribers get 30GB of FREE data?
As long as subscribers top-up minimum RM30 (accumulative within calendar month) each month for 5 years, they shall get 500MB each month, 30GB in total.

FAQ Categories – 30GB Bonus Campaign
http://corporate.xox.com.my/support/faq/?faq=30gb-bonus-campaign

Terms & Conditions
30GB BONUS CAMPAIGN Terms & Conditions
http://corporate.xox.com.my/support/terms-and-conditions/?tnc=30gb-bonus-campaign-terms-conditions

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
this xox ad is very misleading. i almost fell for it too. basically, you topup rm30 per month and get 500mb free data each month. rm30 gets you 3gb of data. so with this promo, you get 3.5gb or 16% more data.

on mcard, if you topup $10 online, you receive 500mb data free too.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this xox ad is very misleading. i almost fell for it too. basically, you topup rm30 per month and get 500mb free data each month. rm30 gets you 3gb of data. so with this promo, you get 3.5gb or 16% more data.

on mcard, if you topup $10 online, you receive 500mb data free too.

Yeap! The 30GB s not free in that sense! :s8:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeap! The 30GB s not free in that sense! :s8:

indeed

keep topup rm30 every mth will become a super big giant bomb just to get 500mb data monthly which does not make any sense

This is more for people stay in Malaysia using it every mth.

Ads super misleading..

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
indeed

keep topup rm30 every mth will become a super big giant bomb just to get 500mb data monthly which does not make any sense

This is more for people stay in Malaysia using it every mth.

Ads super misleading..

Correct. That is more for Malaysians. Not for us. One must always bear in mind that all the packages are targeting Malaysians in Malaysia in general.

The Xox sp3gb with a validity of 28 months is more than enough for us.

Just draw a daily, weekly usage accordingly from the Super session pass of 3GB (RM30) over the next 28 months when visiting Malaysia is just perfect for us. :)

Last edited:

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got 2 xox sim card here. i've been purchasing their data package when i'm going to jb. Is there any difference between their normal data package vs season pass?

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
i got 2 xox sim card here. i've been purchasing their data package when i'm going to jb. Is there any difference between their normal data package vs season pass?

season pass cheaper but you have to buy upfront.

http://onlinestore.xox.com.my/seasonpass/seasonpass.php

you can wait for season pass promo like 3GB for RM30.

you can see the current promo from the above link or install the android XOX apk,

season pass can withdrawal how much you want to use from the season pass menu.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
season pass cheaper but you have to buy upfront.

http://onlinestore.xox.com.my/seasonpass/seasonpass.php

you can wait for season pass promo like 3GB for RM30.

you can see the current promo from the above link or install the android XOX apk,

season pass can withdrawal how much you want to use from the season pass menu.

Opps! Just need to clarify something.

How can one activate data usage from session pass?

From Xox app "mobile Internet managememt". Subscribe to either daily, weekly or monthly?

Or

Must activate it via the #150*6 code, then choose daily, weekly or monthly?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opps! Just need to clarify something.

How can one activate data usage from session pass?

From Xox app "mobile Internet managememt". Subscribe to either daily, weekly or monthly?

Or

Must activate it via the #150*6 code, then choose daily, weekly or monthly?

Can use the data from Season Pass via the app, that's what I do. I find the app easier to handle than having to go through those codes.

Just subscribe as you will any package to the amount of data you need with its corresponding validity, can ignore the cost part.

On a side note, I'm not sure if the monthly packs are auto-renewable when subscribed through the app, so played safe recently and used the app to stop the data usage.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can use the data from Season Pass via the app, that's what I do. I find the app easier to handle than having to go through those codes.

Just subscribe as you will any package to the amount of data you need with its corresponding validity, can ignore the cost part.

On a side note, I'm not sure if the monthly packs are auto-renewable when subscribed through the app, so played safe recently and used the app to stop the data usage.

Okok. Noted.

As for the monthly subscription drawn from the session pass, I will call them to verify about the auto renewal when I enter Malaysia next week... :)

Thanks. :)

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn. Sometimes I get confused with the way they calculate their validity period.

Any tips to remember them easily?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just set a calendar reminder in your mobile phone lor...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn. Sometimes I get confused with the way they calculate their validity period.

Any tips to remember them easily?

Which card and what plan?

Laziest (aka easiest) way is not to try to save a few dollars - either pay for validity extension if available, or make yourself reactivate the card every last day of the month through whichever method you choose (reload, credit transfer, etc).

It's basically 3 stages:
- Active Period
and after this the line expires...
- Passive/Inactive/Grace Period
thereafter the line is terminated...
- Dead
and your credit balance will be forfeited...

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Which card and what plan?

Laziest (aka easiest) way is not to try to save a few dollars - either pay for validity extension if available, or make yourself reactivate the card every last day of the month through whichever method you choose (reload, credit transfer, etc).

It's basically 3 stages:
- Active Period
and after this the line expires...
- Passive/Inactive/Grace Period
thereafter the line is terminated...
- Dead
and your credit balance will be forfeited...

OneXOX no passive period

my Digi is in passive period now.. i use excel sheet to track when is the last day of passive period and therefore activate 1 day active for RM1 and then restart passive period again

:p

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Okok. Noted.

As for the monthly subscription drawn from the session pass, I will call them to verify about the auto renewal when I enter Malaysia next week... :)

Thanks. :)

you can check the standard data plan below whether is it auto renewal.

http://corporate.xox.com.my/plans/mobile-internet/

apply from standard data plan from the standard menu will deduct yr credit from the prepaid simcard value inside.

season pass must withdrawal from season pass menu and no credit will be deduct from the prepaid simcard value inside as it is already paid earier.

you can check the season pass how much value you have using below code

*132*1#

58aa9ae231b7a.jpg

default menu below, to check balance, purchase standard data or season pass data or happy hrs season pass.

*150#

you can now purchase happy hr season pass from the code.

5865e37820685.jpeg

Last edited:

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cool, can i assume season pass will never expire? as long as you extend your card validity

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
cool, can i assume season pass will never expire? as long as you extend your card validity

after the 28mth finish...

rm1 topup mean 1day extend which mean after that you need to topup rm365 in value to extend 1yr or pay rm28 for 1yr extend.

maybe by then it might be better to get another onexox prepaid simcard and dump the old one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.