Malaysia prepaid card

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought it online. So u bought at store or online?

When you bought online, is it fill with your details information?

Call tron or email them.

I think they should be able to help.

I bought tran from one of the seller in hwz in 2014. The simcard is random registered under other people name.

I have contact customer service to change it to my name already.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought through their online website. Quite expensive their starter pack RM50 and postage RM21 =RM71. Got the simcard next day post to my cousin Malaysia address. Then call them to activate the card. But after that, the phone still show no service for it. Guess have to register it.

That's their official site, so they should be doing the proper registration and stuff.

Contact their CSO and get them to set up the card properly.

By the way, Tron card can't roam in Singapore so you won't see any network here.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone advise where can I purchase the XOX card? thanks!

Search "xox" in the HWZ forums here, in Carosell or shopee too! :s22:

I bought from xox seller here in the HWZ forum. :s22:

These sellers priced it differently with different packages (either basic or with Season Pass of 3/4/5GB of data...!

Do take into consideration of the service provided /quality /speed of these different sellers when considering the lower or higher price! :s22:

As a guide line based in Malaysia selling price. A basic xox sim card at RM10. Season Pass Data 3GB add on (which s required to extent the validity to 28 months) is RM30. Total price is RM40 if you buy in JB/Malaysia!

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back in sg now!

My 1st Malaysia trip with my 1st xox prepaid sim card's experience has been rock solid! No horse run! :)

The 4G cell signal was strong. The 4G LTE High speed data connection was amazingly reliable and fast! :)

I purchased (withdrew) a 350MB/7 days from my season pass for the last 4 days. I used it mainly for WhatsApp and email reading. A little bit of FB browsing.

Surprisingly, WhatsApp doesn't use much data for normal chatting! :s22:

No YouTube as YouTube drinks data likes water! Scary sia! :(

Last edited:

LameEntertainer

Reaction score
Search "xox" in the HWZ forums here, in Carosell or shopee too! :s22:

I bought from xox seller here in the HWZ forum. :s22:

These sellers priced it differently with different packages (either basic or with Season Pass of 3/4/5GB of data...!

Do take into consideration of the service provided /quality /speed of these different sellers when considering the lower or higher price! :s22:

As a guide line based in Malaysia selling price. A basic xox sim card at RM10. Season Pass Data 3GB add on (which s required to extent the validity to 28 months) is RM30. Total price is RM40 if you buy in JB/Malaysia!

thanks! will be getting from the hwz seller, self collecting on thursday night :s13:

boonkang

Reaction score
Digi has apparently removed the option for SLL 365 (and I think also the 30) from the latest Digi Best Prepaid 2016 plan, from what I've read from the Digi Community discussions.

You can refer to the updated Super Long Life (SLL) availability chart for various versions of Digi prepaid cards below:

AAknCok.jpg

The above chart can be found at this link:
http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prepaid/Super-Long-Life/ta-p/13004

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can recommend me a prepaid card with call time n data..need for 4days usage..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can recommend me a prepaid card with call time n data..need for 4days usage..

Mainly for those 4 days?

Can consider Digi Prepaid BEST - Free 500MB Basic Internet @64kbps, for fast internet there's free 300MB with new pack, then free 1GB with MyDigi app download and usage, and 300MB @ RM1 per day. For calls, see the Friends & Family option...

Which part of Malaysia is your intended visit going to be? It might make a difference which telco network you choose too.

Last edited:

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mainly for those 4 days?

Can consider Digi Prepaid BEST - Free 500MB Basic Internet @64kbps, for fast internet there's free 300MB with new pack, then free 1GB with MyDigi app download and usage, and 300MB @ RM1 per day. For calls, see the Friends & Family option...

Which part of Malaysia is your intended visit going to be? It might make a difference which telco network you choose too.

penang..I go to various telco site..I sibei luan..no indication of how much data n call time entitled..mainly to call local numbers n whatsapp,ug booking,etc..

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
penang..I go to various telco site..I sibei luan..no indication of how much data n call time entitled..mainly to call local numbers n whatsapp,ug booking,etc..

It all depends of what kind of data usage?

Eg music and video streaming like YouTube.

Then digi best have a monthly plan of rm28 come with 3gb of internet data and 4gb YouTube video streaming and music streaming like Spotify.

http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons#Internet-Plans

Be sure to unsubsribe the monthly plan when you are back.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For Penang, and only for those 4 days, Digi Prepaid Best should work or you can also consider Maxis Hotlink FAST, which is the more popular choice of Penangites I know.

Free 300MB with the new pack (though only valid for 2 days), free 1GB fast internet granted after Hotlink RED app download and login, RM3 for 1GB fast data daily package (if you really need that much), free weekend fast internet data (1GB each for Saturday and Sunday) if your trip crosses over that period...

For calls, they've "Free calls to 5 FRIENDZ".

Last edited:

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Penang, and only for those 4 days, Digi Prepaid Best should work or you can also consider Maxis Hotlink FAST, which is the more popular choice of Penangites I know.

Free 300MB with the new pack (though only valid for 2 days), free 1GB fast internet granted after Hotlink RED app download and login, RM3 for 1GB fast data daily package (if you really need that much), free weekend fast internet data (1GB each for Saturday and Sunday) if your trip crosses over that period...

For calls, they've "Free calls to 5 FRIENDZ".

so for the 3rd n 4th day,either I download app for 1gb or buy pass?the rm5 credit is use for local call only?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so for the 3rd n 4th day,either I download app for 1gb or buy pass?the rm5 credit is use for local call only?

Pretty much so... IIRC the 1GB from the app has a 3-day validity. You'll have to check on the link for exact info.

AFAIK, the RM5 can be used for data too, or overseas calls if it's enough. No restriction about being only for local calls.

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pretty much so... IIRC the 1GB from the app has a 3-day validity. You'll have to check on the link for exact info.

AFAIK, the RM5 can be used for data too, or overseas calls if it's enough. No restriction about being only for local calls.

tyvm..more clearer picture of how it works..

boonkang

Reaction score
Just FYI...

Managed to try out the new Digi app; this is what I see in the new Digi app:

IKlIGnb.jpg

The 300MB/RM1/1day plan is still there :) Now also have 3GB/RM3/1day and 5GB/RM5/1day plans.

Yes, 3GB cost RM3! Or 5GB cost RM5! (1 day validity only; IHMO, most people won't be able to use up 3GB or 5GB data in 1 day)

If I'm not wrong, previously there was a 1.5GB/RM4/1day plan -- but I guess Digi decided to replace that with the 3GB/RM3/1day plan :)

For those using Digi Prepaid Live (not Digi Prepaid Best), there is a monthly available 8GB quota for video/music streaming -- as stated on the Digi Prepaid Web page:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

(this monthly 8GB for video/music streaming on Digi Prepaid Live -- is ONLY useable on certain supported video/music apps).

We all know that: 8GB monthly quota means (8GB/4) = 2GB weekly quota.

This 2GB weekly quota for video/music streaming on Digi Prepaid Live has been upgraded to 2.5GB weekly quota. See photo below:

1i4EzUI.jpg

Below the 2.5GB weekly quota for video/music streaming...

The 1GB data valid for 7 days, is part of the FREE 3GB data given by Digi for updating & using the new Digi app --as have already been mentioned (before) in this thread:

Download or update the MyDigi app from 1- 31 Mar 2017 and enjoy a total of 3GB FREE Internet over 3 months as a welcome gift from us.

Terms & Conditions Apply

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.