Malaysia prepaid card

matrix05

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Level 3 JB City Sq Mall has Maxis, U mobile & Digi. Do any of these shop sell prepaid Sim card (sin only w/o the 1st top up)?

youhsueh

Reaction score
Level 3 JB City Sq Mall has Maxis, U mobile & Digi. Do any of these shop sell prepaid Sim card (sin only w/o the 1st top up)?

Only Maxis. But their registration system is down for the longest time.

U Mobile and Digi sells with mandatory Topup + Data Plan.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have u mobile cardand i want to use it in singapore to call malaysia phone number. Anyone know to call out? What code should i call?

+
60 is Malaysia's international access code
Mobile phone numbers have codes like 010 011 012 013 014 015 016 017 018 019
+6010xxxxxxxx etc
Land lines have codes like 3 for KL,7 for Johor, etc
+603xxxxxxx etc
Rest of the numbers are either 7 or 8 digits

Your 5 digit number looks like a party that's sent you a message? I may be wrong, but I don't think you can call a 5 digit number...?

Last edited:

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried already but no ringing tone and immediately cut off

If that is the case, please make sure your network changed to local STARHUB before make any any oversea call.

+
60 is Malaysia's international access code
Mobile phone numbers have codes like 010 011 012 013 014 015 016 017 018 019
+6010xxxxxxxx etc
Land lines have codes like 3 for KL,7 for Johor, etc
+603xxxxxxx etc
Rest of the numbers are either 7 or 8 digits

Your 5 digit number looks like a party that's sent you a message? I may be wrong, but I don't think you can call a 5 digit number...?

Bro, think he/she dare not to reveal whole contact number ba. :s13:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If that is the case, please make sure your network changed to local STARHUB before make any any oversea call.

Bro, think he/she dare not to reveal whole contact number ba. :s13:

Oh, so it's +60378... then. Lol

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally used my Tune Talk SIM card once again, after taking advantage of their promo RM10 1-year validity extension and RM1 for 300MB data plan. (Disabling of data pack auto-renewal was easily done with the app.)

Connection was good on the whole. :)

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done a comparison between using a malaysia prepaid vs an m1 prepaid?

since m1 prepaid data includes free autoroam data for malaysia (and 4 other countries) it seems to be a better choice?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done a comparison between using a malaysia prepaid vs an m1 prepaid?

since m1 prepaid data includes free autoroam data for malaysia (and 4 other countries) it seems to be a better choice?
I've both, and it depends on your usage pattern.

If you're already using the MCard on home ground, then it makes sense to just bring it over to surf in Malaysia.

matrix05

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Maxis. But their registration system is down for the longest time.

U Mobile and Digi sells with mandatory Topup + Data Plan.

Which one has the longest expiry date? Maxis vs U vs Digi?

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used to have a malaysia prepaid number, but found it too much of a hassle to keep it active, tried both Digi and Hotlink. it seems that no matter now u slice it, it's RM1 a day to keep it active and ended up topping up just to keep it alive and end up with almost RM100 in the account :o

this time round, trying out with an astronaut m1 prepaid line aka "tai4 kong1 xian4" :s13:

I've both, and it depends on your usage pattern.

If you're already using the MCard on home ground, then it makes sense to just bring it over to surf in Malaysia.

kitkat2

Reaction score
i used to have a malaysia prepaid number, but found it too much of a hassle to keep it active, tried both Digi and Hotlink. it seems that no matter now u slice it, it's RM1 a day to keep it active and ended up topping up just to keep it alive and end up with almost RM100 in the account :o

this time round, trying out with an astronaut m1 prepaid line aka "tai4 kong1 xian4" :s13:

you should keep the line passive instead active unless you stay in malaysia for long term.

passive is good for you. it freezes the credit balance, and it is usually very long, i.e. 75-90 days on digi.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

An $18 top up on MCard can extend the validity by 6 months, but take a look at the data pack prices and decide for yourself if it's worth paying that much for the amount of data that you'll need each time you go over the causeway.
This is presuming you don't use the card while on home ground.

you should keep the line passive instead active unless you stay in malaysia for long term.

passive is good for you. it freezes the credit balance, and it is usually very long, i.e. 75-90 days on digi.
Yup, keeping the card passive is the way to go, reactivate it only when you're going over or when it's close to the end of the grace period.

Only thing is that you'll have to watch the grace period closely, otherwise your RM100 will be gone if the card is terminated.

beatthatthing

Reaction score
Does anyone have a prepaid card that has a balance of at least RM5? I’d like to use it so i can make a booking under uber/grab when i reach KL at 3am. Thanks!

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:o terminate and lost all the value in the card was the correct guess...

i'm no longer doing postpaid plans... switched over to prepaid,

2GB + free incoming calls for SGD14 every 30days, free caller id, free data roaming to the 3 places i bounce around, SG-KL/JB-HK

plenty enough data for work emails and all the telegram/signal use.

An $18 top up on MCard can extend the validity by 6 months, but take a look at the data pack prices and decide for yourself if it's worth paying that much for the amount of data that you'll need each time you go over the causeway.
This is presuming you don't use the card while on home ground.

Yup, keeping the card passive is the way to go, reactivate it only when you're going over or when it's close to the end of the grace period.

Only thing is that you'll have to watch the grace period closely, otherwise your RM100 will be gone if the card is terminated.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.