Malaysia prepaid card

YouHeypiCanLiao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have credit balance RM5.50
Expired 7 Aug

got 2 choice
extend validity $1 ?
Reload min RM10 for 10 days Free RM0.50 credit.

Don't quite understand validity

kitkat2

Reaction score
I have credit balance RM5.50
Expired 7 Aug

got 2 choice
extend validity $1 ?
Reload min RM10 for 10 days Free RM0.50 credit.

Don't quite understand validity

rm5.50 probably means you haven't used your credit since you bought it.

extend validity but only when you are going there, not now. burn rm1 and get 2 days of validity.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s prepaid best
So can I just make it valid for rm1 so that I can use Waze/ Google maps?

That RM1 validity will only make your line active for a day(?), and it's got nothing to do with data availability.

If yours is a Prepaid Best that's bought this year or last, my guess is you should have free basic internet (at least) BUT I'm not sure if reactivating the line via the RM1 validity method will give you access to that (or only a valid reload will allow that).

On the app, swipe to the 2nd screen to see the data information. Check if there's anything there available for use.

Note: Different Digi Prepaid plans and versions have some different stuff in them, so unless someone has the same as yours, we won't know the details.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If in doubt, can go for the 8 ringgit whole day unlimited 4G internet or 3 ringgit for unlimited 512kbps speed. For driving apps, the 512 kbps usually is enough.

YouHeypiCanLiao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought this year

jegLaUb.jpg

3. What happens when my FREE Basic Internet (64kbps) quota ends?
You will not be able to use your internet. To continue using please subscribe to our internet plans or purchase internet One Time Pass from as low as RM0.50. Dial *116# to purchase.

https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/ecomm_C/faq_group/default/bestprepaid-faq-grouup

That RM1 validity will only make your line active for a day(?), and it's got nothing to do with data availability.

If yours is a Prepaid Best that's bought this year or last, my guess is you should have free basic internet (at least) BUT I'm not sure if reactivating the line via the RM1 validity method will give you access to that (or only a valid reload will allow that).

On the app, swipe to the 2nd screen to see the data information. Check if there's anything there available for use.

Note: Different Digi Prepaid plans and versions have some different stuff in them, so unless someone has the same as yours, we won't know the details.

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
I bought this year

jegLaUb.jpg

3. What happens when my FREE Basic Internet (64kbps) quota ends?
You will not be able to use your internet. To continue using please subscribe to our internet plans or purchase internet One Time Pass from as low as RM0.50. Dial *116# to purchase.

https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/ecomm_C/faq_group/default/bestprepaid-faq-grouup

you are worried over finishing your quota at 64kbps over a weekend trip?

here's how you can use your digi with paying any extra sen:

1. on your day of departure (not now!), burn rm1 in return for validity.
2. dial *128*1*4# and change plan to live.
3. wait for sms confirmation.
4. dial *888*1# to redeem your new plan freebies.

and walla, you get 2.5gb for google map (and youtube) plus 300mb for general use, all for free.

or you could pay rm8 per day as suggested previously. many singaporeans don't mind paying rm8 per day while i never paid a single sen for data on digi. after all, what is rm8 after conversion to sing dollars ya? :)

Last edited:

YouHeypiCanLiao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are worried over finishing your quota at 64kbps over a weekend trip?

here's how you can use your digi with paying any extra sen:

1. on your day of departure (not now!), burn rm1 in return for validity.
2. dial *128*1*4# and change plan to live.
3. wait for sms confirmation.
4. dial *888*1# to redeem your new plan freebies.

and walla, you get 2.5gb for google map (and youtube) plus 300mb for general use, all for free.

or you could pay rm8 per day as suggested previously. many singaporeans don't mind paying rm8 per day while i never paid a single sen for data on digi. after all, what is rm8 after conversion to sing dollars ya? :)

this is for a day's use? What about the next day?

sendhalp

Reaction score
I’m now in KSL, does anyone know where can get the 2RM Tron or was it tuneTalk prepaid card?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m now in KSL, does anyone know where can get the 2RM Tron or was it tuneTalk prepaid card?

The RM2 is TuneTalk, found in news agent in Komtar JBCC... not sure about KSL area. Can look around the shops in top and basement floors if any of them carries this.

If Tesco does have low cost Digi and U Mobile, I'd choose the former.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.