Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Service continuity options

Subscriber may choose from the options:

i. Direct Port-in to Tron collaboration party to retain their current number & services, following the Port-in Standard Procedures with terms & conditions. (Priority)

ii. Port-out to other Telco to retain their current number or,

iii. Terminate their existing MVN services from Tron, following the refund standard procedures.

Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 30/12/2018, will be handed over to Tron's Host Operator – DIGI, without any prior notice and no appeal can be filed.

Habrosus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait. Does that mean that card will remain valid for calls, data etc? :s11:

This is what is stated in the termination notice but it's not really clear what it means.

Right, it does sound weird to think that the Tron SIM card will have a Digi line later, and thus able to be used and roam.

So I'd think that we'll then have to change to Digi SIM card but how would Digi be able to contact us for the procedure?

My initial understanding from that statement, is that all lines with no response will be handed back to Digi... that is, cut dead... (This is from past cases where terminated ported-out numbers were "returned" to the hosts.)

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
Right, it does sound weird to think that the Tron SIM card will have a Digi line later, and thus able to be used and roam.

So I'd think that we'll then have to change to Digi SIM card but how would Digi be able to contact us for the procedure?

My initial understanding from that statement, is that all lines with no response will be handed back to Digi... that is, cut dead... (This is from past cases where terminated ported-out numbers were "returned" to the hosts.)

tron *is* a digi line. i think you think too much.

mush_room

Reaction score
Anyone use the refund for tron? My family and my relatives uses Tron and all balance left over more than RM50.
Is it better to try for refund or just forget it?

Habrosus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tron changed pattern again.

Please refer to their website for latest info: http://www.tron.com.my/

Just copied:

Impacted Services

i. MVN services will only be available till 30/12/2018.

ii. From 31/12/2018 till 30/1/2019, only domestic SMS for incoming/outgoing and domestic incoming voice call are available for port out purpose to other telcos.

iii. On 31/1/2019, MVN service will be permanently shut down.

Service continuity options

Subscriber may choose from the options:

i. Direct Port-in to Tron collaboration party to retain their current number & services, following the Port-in Standard Procedures with terms & conditions. (Priority)

ii. Port-out to other Telco to retain their current number or,

iii. Terminate their existing MVN services from Tron, following the refund standard
procedures.

Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 31/1/2019, their MVN service will be terminated permanently.

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
digi changed their mind on absorbing the remaining tron subscribers.

bringit

Reaction score
Anyone use the refund for tron? My family and my relatives uses Tron and all balance left over more than RM50.
Is it better to try for refund or just forget it?

Since you're prepared to forget about it, might as well do a refund to get something out of it?

mush_room

Reaction score
Since you're prepared to forget about it, might as well do a refund to get something out of it?

On their refund website, they asked for our passport and bank account attachment. My mom asked me is it safe or not since they closing down. I also don't know how to answer her...

kitkat2

Reaction score
On their refund website, they asked for our passport and bank account attachment. My mom asked me is it safe or not since they closing down. I also don't know how to answer her...

when you signed up, you gave them your passport right?

mush_room

Reaction score
when you signed up, you gave them your passport right?

Yes... We all signed up at Genting there when they gave us free... So unlucky we just top up on 10Dec and becomes like that ��

edit: Can't even process their refund page! Everything filled up and error with a "The bank field is required."

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like for long term users, might be better to look for prepaid cards from a traditional telco? MVNO ones may just close down, leaving your balance subject to their mercy.

The attractive thing about TRON was its long validity date. The traditional telco like DIGI and MAXi has short validity for their prepaid.

So it means every trip you make you have to get a new prepaid.

choowt

Reaction score
The attractive thing about TRON was its long validity date. The traditional telco like DIGI and MAXi has short validity for their prepaid.

So it means every trip you make you have to get a new prepaid.

After reading through the previous postings, I thought if you want long validity, ONEXOX is the way to go, isn't it? It will last for 28 months and you only need to care about purchasing another card 28 months later. To preserve your unused data plan, purchasing SEASON PASS is the way to go, correct? A typical one day trip in JB (assuming normal whatsapp, facebook, google map, google search & etc) will probably consume no more than 500 MB to 1 GB of data. As such, you only need to withdraw 500 MB or 1 GB each time from your SEASON PASS. With a 10 GB SEASON PASS, it will last you at least 10 times (assuming you are withdrawing 1 GB per visit) before you need to top up. With certain HAPPY HOUR promotion, you can even get 10GB + 2GB + 100 minutes package at RM 50 (though normally the promotion is 10GB + 100 minutes).

To prolong the validity even further, I thought there is an option to pay RM 18 (6 months) and RM 25 (12 months). If convenience is most important (e.g. avoid the need to find and purchase new package, activate & etc), I feel that ONEXOX will serve the purpose though I think from previous posting, quite a number like the Digi prepaid plan. Isn't having the need to remember extending the validity every 90/75 days a hassle as compared having to purchase a new card after 28 months (assuming you don't want to extend the validity by purchasing the RM18 or RM25 option)?

Can those on Digi plan enlighten me as to why Digi could be better than ONEXOX assuming validity is the number one priority? ONEXOX is riding on Celcom network and according to OpenSignal report, I don't think it is doing too badly as compared to the other operators.

azores85

Reaction score
After reading through the previous postings, I thought if you want long validity, ONEXOX is the way to go, isn't it? It will last for 28 months and you only need to care about purchasing another card 28 months later. To preserve your unused data plan, purchasing SEASON PASS is the way to go, correct? A typical one day trip in JB (assuming normal whatsapp, facebook, google map, google search & etc) will probably consume no more than 500 MB to 1 GB of data. As such, you only need to withdraw 500 MB or 1 GB each time from your SEASON PASS. With a 10 GB SEASON PASS, it will last you at least 10 times (assuming you are withdrawing 1 GB per visit) before you need to top up. With certain HAPPY HOUR promotion, you can even get 10GB + 2GB + 100 minutes package at RM 50 (though normally the promotion is 10GB + 100 minutes).

To prolong the validity even further, I thought there is an option to pay RM 18 (6 months) and RM 25 (12 months). If convenience is most important (e.g. avoid the need to find and purchase new package, activate & etc), I feel that ONEXOX will serve the purpose though I think from previous posting, quite a number like the Digi prepaid plan. Isn't having the need to remember extending the validity every 90/75 days a hassle as compared having to purchase a new card after 28 months (assuming you don't want to extend the validity by purchasing the RM18 or RM25 option)?

Can those on Digi plan enlighten me as to why Digi could be better than ONEXOX assuming validity is the number one priority? ONEXOX is riding on Celcom network and according to OpenSignal report, I don't think it is doing too badly as compared to the other operators.

If you're looking at validity, no doubt XOX is better.

On the other hand, Digi's internet is often cheaper on a per GB basis and based on my own experience, Digi's 4G coverage in JB is way better (especially indoors i.e. malls) than Celcom; wouldn't trust opensignal too much on this one.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am not familiar with ONEXOX and was just looking at the traditional telco. I also only used my M'sia SIM in Genting and want a convenient way to top up my SIM card without going online. So my only option was DIGI and Maxim.

I need to find out more about ONEXOX. Thanks for the info.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.