Malaysia prepaid card

pdpdpdp

Reaction score
oneXOX seems like the best replacement for tron.

search around in the HWZ and shld be able to locate the seller.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got same issue for Tron port to Tunetalk. Went into Msia to discover my SMS reply was overdued and void.

Went online with CS to reset the message. It was resent only about 4+ hours later, just when i crossed Tuas.

I only had 3 hours to respond to the SMS. Luckily i went to Punggol Settlement area. Tron has full 4 bars! Replied SMS and wait for the processing.

The Tunetalk SIM card is still an invalid sim when i use the old number trying to port it in...
So did you manage to get the porting done? If not, have you tried sending an email to TuneTalk's CSO?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, their cs no longer replying. Their operating hours so short that i can't call them even if i want to go marsiling to get tron signal after work. Seems like my only way is to let go this number. Oh well.

Thank you for the info.

Looks like will have to allocate a day to do the porting process and then sit there waiting for the SMS.

From what have been shared so far, it's about 4 to 5 hours, so I guess maybe spending a day chilling in JB is better than any local parks or foodcourt...

zonama

Reaction score
Strongly do not recommend getting new tunetalk sim cards or switching to the new plan if you intend to keep it for long term

Tunetalk has just changed their data plans to a new version that comes with 10gb of free basic internet which is valid for new subscribers effective from 15th Jan 2019.

Current subscribers can switch over to the new plan for free until 28th Feb 2019 and from then on there is a RM5 fee to switch.

However, be aware that if you switch over to the new plan it looks like the ONE YEAR VALIDITY COSTS RM100 instead of RM28 on the old plan. I can't confirm this because I'm already subscribed to the one year validity but on my friends sim it looks like it's still RM28 to subscribe to it and they're on the old plan.

More information at the links I'm providing below.

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/data/sureone

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/help-center/faq/free-basic-internet

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/sospecial/one-year-validity

Edit

It looks like it will continue to cost RM28 for users of the old plan to subscribe for one year validity, so do not switch if you want to keep one year validity at RM28.

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/help-center/faq/one-year-validity

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, seems new subscribers will be charged RM100 for 365 days validity extension, though I think they'll have free data of some sort too.

Keeping my old line. :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tron website claimed that MVN ends this month end, but Digi told me it's this Thursday. I subsequently also received SMS from Tron that service will be terminated by Thursday.

Tomorrow will be the last day if you wanna port, and spend the day waiting for the confirmation SMS.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lo and behold! A call to Tron revealed that we don't have to wait for any SMS from Tron if we port to Digi, since they share the same network. Tron account just need to be active during the porting process.

For double assurance, was advised to call Digi to check status before leaving for home (where Tron cannot roam).

Edit: Tron is not being helpful in its porting issue. According to Digi, majority of the applications they received were rejected, some with no reason given. :(

Last edited:

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why you all never hoot onexox? so far no issues eh

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any basic prepaid data sim for use in JB for 2 days?
Where to get near Causeway?

darkmilk

Reaction score
Any basic prepaid data sim for use in JB for 2 days?
Where to get near Causeway?
You can try your luck at myNews.com at Komtar JBCC but it is often out of stock as they are selling it at RRP RM8-10.
Ground floor, next to Coffee Bean entrance

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try your luck at myNews.com at Komtar JBCC but it is often out of stock as they are selling it at RRP RM8-10.

Thanks thanks.

a4973

Reaction score
Hey I've always been curious for those rrp RM8 cards how much data do you get & at what speeds? Thanks so much

Sent from Nextbit ROBIN using GAGT

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey I've always been curious for those rrp RM8 cards how much data do you get & at what speeds? Thanks so much

Sent from Nextbit ROBIN using GAGT

Most of them bundled with 300MB and valid for ~5 days, speed wise depends on the location where you are, it can be ranging from 3G~4G.

zonama

Reaction score
why you all never hoot onexox? so far no issues eh

Mainly because I think they're complicated as hell. I consider myself quite technologically savvy and even I went "huh?" after reading about their plans on their webpage. Had to come down here to read up more to understand them.

Easier to recommend a different provider that has easy to understand plans and has an app that you can do everything on instead of having to remember uss codes or sms codes.

That and for people that share sim cards with their friends / family / older people, hell just going on the app and helping them to subscribe to data is a hundred times easier than telling them, "eh you're out of data? Enter this and this into your phone and follow the instructions, oh it doesn't work ? Well, crap."

daxiong88

Reaction score
Tron website claimed that MVN ends this month end, but Digi told me it's this Thursday. I subsequently also received SMS from Tron that service will be terminated by Thursday.

Tomorrow will be the last day if you wanna port, and spend the day waiting for the confirmation SMS.

The website stated 31 Jan 2019?

http://www.tron.com.my/

NOTICE OF SERVICE TERMINATION

We regret to announce that Tron will terminate MVN service starting from 31/12/2018 due to

i. Expiry of the Contract between the Host Operator - DIGI and us.
ii. Termination of the contract between Host Operator due to unattainable of mutual agreement.

Impacted Services

i. MVN services will only be available till 30/12/2018.

ii. From 31/12/2018 till 30/1/2019, only domestic SMS for incoming/outgoing and domestic incoming voice call are available for port out purpose to other telcos.

iii. On 31/1/2019, MVN service will be permanently shut down.

Service continuity options

Subscriber may choose from the options:

i. Direct Port-in to Tron collaboration party to retain their current number & services, following the Port-in Standard Procedures with terms & conditions. (Priority)
ii. Port-out to other Telco to retain their current number or,
iii. Terminate their existing MVN services from Tron, following the refund standard procedures.
Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 31/1/2019, their MVN service will be terminated permanently.

Standard procedures for Direct Port-in (To Tron Collaboration Party)

Subscribers may visit this url https://www.halotelco.com/directportin and request for direct port-in.

*Terms and conditions applied.

Standard procedures for Refund

Subscribers may visit this url http://channel.tron.com.my/refund and request for refund.

Refund request will be available from 18/12/2018 until 17/1/2019. Once the request has been approved, the refund will be issued within one month after 21/1/2019.

*Terms and conditions applied.

Contact information

Address : K-2-8, 2nd Floor, Kuchai Business Park, Jalan 1/127, off Jalan Kuchai Lama, 58200 Kuala Lumpur. Customer Service Hotline : 1300 800 188 Email Address : cs@tron.com.my
Customer Service Operation Hours from 9am - 6pm.

(Monday – Friday, exclude Sat, Sun & Public Holiday) - till 17/2/2019

Thank you for your support all this while.

Copyright @ 2011 - 2018 Talk Focus Sdn Bhd (753644-T) - All Rights Reserved
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the tron.com.my

daxiong88

Reaction score
From Tron's FB

LAST REMINDER!!!
For Refund : Submission due date 17.01.2019
*Tron will not accept any submission after the due date.

For Port Out : Submission due date 22.01.2019
(Applicable for Port In to collaboration Party Only)
*Tron will not accept any submission after the due date.

Port Out To Other Telco Service Provider
Advisable to be done by 22.01.2019, to avoid any MNP Port Out Failure.

MVN Service : Terminated on 31.01.2019
*Tron will not responsible for any Port Out Failure after the Termination date.

Notice Info: http://www.tron.com.my/
Port-in Info: https://www.halotelco.com/directportin

#TronUser #RetainNumber #PortInRequest #HaloTelco #SpecialDeal

daxiong88

Reaction score
Yup, seems new subscribers will be charged RM100 for 365 days validity extension, though I think they'll have free data of some sort too.

Keeping my old line. :)

best part is want to keep the number but can't get a full refund of the TRON credits inside.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The website stated 31 Jan 2019?

I'm not sure now, to be honest. When I was in JB Tuesday, the SMS came in about the termination.

RM0.00:TRON: Regret to inform that our MVN service will be terminated by 17/1/2019. For refund/service options, kindly visit: www.tron.com.my

On that day itself, I tried making an outgoing call (to Tron) from that line and it's already disabled. There's still a network shown on the phone though, so for the other services stated on their website.

Tron can't roam, so I can't check if there's still a network today. But over at their FB page, they seem not to reply anymore. Posted on 10/1/2019 over there, 22/1/2019 is the deadline for porting. But without an active line (since they said service terminated by 17/1/2019), I'm not sure porting is going to be possible anymore...

daxiong88

Reaction score
I'm not sure now, to be honest. When I was in JB Tuesday, the SMS came in about the termination.

RM0.00:TRON: Regret to inform that our MVN service will be terminated by 17/1/2019. For refund/service options, kindly visit: www.tron.com.my

On that day itself, I tried making an outgoing call (to Tron) from that line and it's already disabled. There's still a network shown on the phone though, so for the other services stated on their website.

Tron can't roam, so I can't check if there's still a network today. But over at their FB page, they seem not to reply anymore. Posted on 10/1/2019 over there, 22/1/2019 is the deadline for porting. But without an active line (since they said service terminated by 17/1/2019), I'm not sure porting is going to be possible anymore...

Yup, its confusing.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best part is want to keep the number but can't get a full refund of the TRON credits inside.

See their FB posts where ex-users are asking about status of their refund submissions.

Porting attempt if rejected without a clear reason given (by Tron), there's nothing the port-to/new telco can do, and nothing much us users can do either if they don't want to provide the required information.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.