Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to trouble the experts here.

So for JB side, their prepaid card is different from ours? Because we have that $10 monthly for 1GB data.

I would like to get the same. I understand can buy a few of their top up vouchers as mentioned here.

Again, not an expert but just a user...

Same/different in what sense? $10 for 1GB data valid for a month? If so, then I'll say that I just got an offer from Maxis Hotlink RM20 for 3GB valid for a month.

Digi's like RM15 for 2GB + Unlimited Social with Always Active - 30 days account validity. But I'm happy with just their RM1 for 1GB for my 1-day trips, or even 1GB free for 7 days. :D

But yes, you can buy a few of their reload vouchers and keep for use later, as they're normally valid for a pretty long time. Please remember to check the validity date before paying. :)

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he mean a monthly prepaid plan.

I know OneXOX has a OneXOX plan that cost RM10 monthly for 1GB and 20 mins talktime. More info >> OneXOCX Black

The closest DIGI has to a monthly prepaid plan is what they called an Auto-Renewal Plan but the cheapest plan is 5GB for RM30 with data rollover. More info >> Internet Plans Auto-renewal

Celcom also has a monthly auto-renewal plan but you get 15GB for RM30 with data rollover. More Info >> Xpax™ Internet Plans

Umobile also has a monthly prepaid plan. Cheapest plan 1.5GB for RM20. More Info >> Unlimited Mobile Internet . Under Other UMI Plans.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I know OneXOX has a OneXOX plan that cost RM10 monthly for 1GB and 20 mins talktime. More info >> OneXOCX Black

The closest DIGI has to a monthly prepaid plan is what they called an Auto-Renewal Plan but the cheapest plan is 5GB for RM30 with data rollover. More info >> Internet Plans Auto-renewal

Celcom also has a monthly auto-renewal plan but you get 15GB for RM30 with data rollover. More Info >> Xpax™ Internet Plans

Umobile also has a monthly prepaid plan. Cheapest plan 1.5GB for RM20. More Info >> Unlimited Mobile Internet . Under Other UMI Plans.

Most of us will stay around few days only in Malaysia thus I think monthly data plan (be it postpaid or prepaid) is kind of waste if we not utilize it.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those on onexox, possible to extract data via the MyXOX app?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. What I'm looking at is a prepaid card. Like for Singtel, my mummy's prepaid card account is valid for 6 months. 1 GB data is $10 monthly. Does Digi have something like this?

The last time i went to KSL's Digi, the lady explained to me until my head spinning. Seems like they have alot more selection. Usually i go staycation, is pay I think RM30+ but that one 1 month later no more liao so every time i head in again, have to buy again.

Srenz209

Reaction score
Again, not an expert but just a user...

Same/different in what sense? $10 for 1GB data valid for a month? If so, then I'll say that I just got an offer from Maxis Hotlink RM20 for 3GB valid for a month.

Digi's like RM15 for 2GB + Unlimited Social with Always Active - 30 days account validity. But I'm happy with just their RM1 for 1GB for my 1-day trips, or even 1GB free for 7 days. :D

But yes, you can buy a few of their reload vouchers and keep for use later, as they're normally valid for a pretty long time. Please remember to check the validity date before paying. :)

They sell this kind of RM1 for 1GB prepaid only? or do I have to buy the prepaid then need to top up? or do you think roaming will be better for 2 days stay?

Which provider do you recommend?

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. What I'm looking at is a prepaid card. Like for Singtel, my mummy's prepaid card account is valid for 6 months. 1 GB data is $10 monthly. Does Digi have something like this?

The last time i went to KSL's Digi, the lady explained to me until my head spinning. Seems like they have alot more selection. Usually i go staycation, is pay I think RM30+ but that one 1 month later no more liao so every time i head in again, have to buy again.

Bro don't bother going to KSL or City Square Digi, they only want you to spend more. Never stepped into the shop for years.

Retail price for SIM (RM5 credit preloaded) is RM8 and nothing more. You should not be forced by the shop to do a credit top-up just because you want to buy a SIM card; which the shop always tells you that SIM card will cost you RM2x or RM3x and they don't sell SIM only b***s***.

I'm quite sure your Digi prepaid sim still works, just have to top-up every other month and activate a data plan (don't exceed 90 days if I'm not wrong).

Try download the MyDigi app, it's easier to manage and top-up that way.

There are 2 types of data plan - Auto Renew subscription or One-time pass. If you don't use often, I would suggest to just purchase one-time pass which would be sufficient for most - e.g. RM3 for 3GB valid for 1 day. RM12 for 4GB valid for 7 days, etc...

For the cheapest 1-2 days plan, check out the Box of Surprise. I can purchase 1GB for 2 days @ RM1.50.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
They sell this kind of RM1 for 1GB prepaid only? or do I have to buy the prepaid then need to top up? or do you think roaming will be better for 2 days stay?

Depends on your usage, and if you would be travelling to Msia often. RM8 for Digi prepaid with RM5 credit. You don't have to top-up.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dial via the phone?

I was referring to doing it via the app.
I always try to use the app for anything, and only turn to those USSD codes if I've not choice.

Yes, you can extract data for use via the OneXOX app. Can even cancel auto-renewal there too, as far as I can remember...

RM1 for 1GB is via offers like Box of Surprise (BoS) randomly offered to card users so yes, you've to be holding the prepaid card before you can check for such offers.

Depends on your usage pattern and expectation, for your 2-day stay, whether using a prepaid card is more convenient or roaming with your existing line. I personally use my prepaid cards like Digi and Hotlink so often that my M Card is now on zzz mode.

At the moment, I'd say go for Digi. Take sometime to read back the past 10 or 20 pages here, where some members have shared how one can prolong the card's life economically. I even use it for my trips to Batam...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happened to come across 2 OneXOX dealers in Taman Pelangi area today.

One is... on the same row as Restoran Kak Kak Dim Sum, across the road on the right of Plaza Pelangi.

The other one is on the ground floor of Plaza Sentosa.

No idea how they charge, though, as I didn't ask. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro don't bother going to KSL or City Square Digi, they only want you to spend more. Never stepped into the shop for years.

Retail price for SIM (RM5 credit preloaded) is RM8 and nothing more. You should not be forced by the shop to do a credit top-up just because you want to buy a SIM card; which the shop always tells you that SIM card will cost you RM2x or RM3x and they don't sell SIM only b***s***.

I'm quite sure your Digi prepaid sim still works, just have to top-up every other month and activate a data plan (don't exceed 90 days if I'm not wrong).

Try download the MyDigi app, it's easier to manage and top-up that way.

There are 2 types of data plan - Auto Renew subscription or One-time pass. If you don't use often, I would suggest to just purchase one-time pass which would be sufficient for most - e.g. RM3 for 3GB valid for 1 day. RM12 for 4GB valid for 7 days, etc...

For the cheapest 1-2 days plan, check out the Box of Surprise. I can purchase 1GB for 2 days @ RM1.50.

Because i want just a prepaid card for GPS. My garmin don't know why cannot load Msia map so if got 1 MY sim, can use for Google map to Ah Yuan there.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There's basically only 1 type of Digi Prepaid SIM pack in the shops now, and that's Digi Prepaid Live.

From the link, you can see (I just copy-paste):

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)
• Pack validity: 5 days

and other information. Click on the Notes and FAQ links at the end of that page, to get more details.

Unless you make an effort to head for the main Digi Stores (not Digi Store Express or any others), or the likes of myNews, or check supermarkets like Tesco and Giant, the 2 rest stops in Yong Peng, where they normally sell at RRP, most other dealers tend to have extra requirements like having to top up another RM30 thereabouts for additional data that will last 1 month and it also extends the validity of the card by that 1 month.

At present, with the Digi Live card, you can choose to change it to either of 2 other plans which are Digi Monthly Plan 28 and Digi Prepaid Best 2017 P2P. (Info on these have been shared here by fellow members over the last few pages, otherwise check Digi website or Digi Community.)

At a dealer in a mall, a Digi Live pack costs RM40 and come with biGBonus 30 (5GB) which is basically RM8 RPP + the biGBonus 30. (Read the FAQ from the link given, to understand what biGBonus is about.) biGBonus 30 also comes with 1 month's card validity. (Please note that biGBonus is auto-renewable, so do remember to cancel that if you don't need it, before the 1 month is up.)

I'd personally recommend reading up the information on the Digi website. Other sources of information would be the Digi Community forum where their staff are there to respond, or over here though info only from fellow users.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Example...

If anyone happens to be in Paradigm Mall and wants to get a Digi SIM card before heading for your holiday further up north, there's a Digi dealer shop with the RM40 package that I've mentioned above.

IMO, this is good if you're taking your family or have a group of friends that you've to Hotspot data with, or kids that sit/eat/sleep watching video or playing games 25/7 even during a family trip. Just pay them RM40 and they'll do everything. Friendly and helpful staff on the whole, from what I've noticed.

Otherwise, from the last time I checked my MyDigi app, there are about 3 or 4 myNews outlets there. If you just want the basic RM8 pack, try these myNews, though stocks may be very low or zero...

a4973

Reaction score
There's basically only 1 type of Digi Prepaid SIM pack in the shops now, and that's Digi Prepaid Live.

From the link, you can see (I just copy-paste):

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)

and other information. Click on the Notes and FAQ links at the end of that page, to get more details.

Unless you make an effort to head for the main Digi Stores (not Digi Store Express or any others), or the likes of myNews, or check supermarkets like Tesco and Giant, the 2 rest stops in Yong Peng, where they normally sell at RRP, most other dealers tend to have extra requirements like having to top up another RM30 thereabouts for additional data that will last 1 month and it also extends the validity of the card by that 1 month.

At present, with the Digi Live card, you can choose to change it to either of 2 other plans which are Digi Monthly Plan 28 and Digi Prepaid Best 2017 P2P. (Info on these have been shared here by fellow members over the last few pages, otherwise check Digi website or Digi Community.)

At a dealer in a mall, a Digi Live pack costs RM40 and come with biGBonus 30 (5GB) which is basically RM8 RPP + the biGBonus 30. (Read the FAQ from the link given, to understand what biGBonus is about.) biGBonus 30 also comes with 1 month's card validity. (Please note that biGBonus is auto-renewable, so do remember to cancel that if you don't need it, before the 1 month is up.)

I'd personally recommend reading up the information on the Digi website. Other sources of information would be the Digi Community forum where their staff are there to respond, or over here though info only from fellow users.

in JB Sentral area, where can i buy it in this exact form for RM8?
Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in JB Sentral area, where can i buy it in this exact form for RM8?
Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)

Only place we can think off in that area so far, myNews in Komtar JBCC, but almost always OOS these days.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.