Malaysia prepaid card

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my gf paid 15rm for digi best with 5 rm credit.
can someone share how to use it to buy the data pack etc?
my gf doesnt know how to activate it.

thanks

kitkat2

Reaction score
my gf paid 15rm for digi best with 5 rm credit.
can someone share how to use it to buy the data pack etc?
my gf doesnt know how to activate it.

thanks

a new digi best costs rm8 with rm5 credit.

have you visited www.digi.com.my? login into your account and see what are the data packs offered.

Phantom37

Reaction score
Whats a good Msia data sim card to recommend for someone who rarely goes Msia(but might go in Msia for the occasional road trip maybe once or twice a year or perhaps the random tip to JB) and wants a long expiry period?

The Hotlink Tablet SIM any good? Think it's RM45 topup for 365 days of 2gb of data? Initial cost is RM30 for 365 days of 1gb of data
I also made the mistake
I got 2 of the tablet sim last yr (1 for me, 1 for Mrs when we are in Msia, we go for short trips >2x/yr)

Top up and bought a 2GB for 1yr Plan last Dec... Just realised the SIM is now "dead"
Top up another last month.. Now I realise it is only till end May.. �

For me.. Looks like I might as well use Starhub Data Travel. (if I don't look for alternatives)
Assume 4x of S$15 for 1mth each quarter.. Still cheaper then Rm 365 per card

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also made the mistake
I got 2 of the tablet sim last yr (1 for me, 1 for Mrs when we are in Msia, we go for short trips >2x/yr)

Top up and bought a 2GB for 1yr Plan last Dec... Just realised the SIM is now "dead"
Top up another last month.. Now I realise it is only till end May.. *********

For me.. Looks like I might as well use Starhub Data Travel. (if I don't look for alternatives)
Assume 4x of S$15 for 1mth each quarter.. Still cheaper then Rm 365 per card

Paid RM365 for your Hotlink Tablet SIM? :eek::eek: Can elaborate ?

If you are not going to Malaysia sp often then I will suggest you buy either Maxis/DIGI; buy and throw away after each of your trip; each starter pack is come with some data (internet) + credit (for call).

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that time wennt citysquare to buy prepaid.. hotlink network down cannot buy,, digi is minimium $22 and celcom $35//.. in the end nv buy,, i read online hotlink is $10, digi 8.50 citysquare really chop carrot

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Phantom37

Reaction score
Paid RM365 for your Hotlink Tablet SIM? :eek::eek: Can elaborate ?

If you are not going to Malaysia sp often then I will suggest you buy either Maxis/DIGI; buy and throw away after each of your trip; each starter pack is come with some data (internet) + credit (for call).
No lah, I mean to keep the SIM active, u need to top up.
1RM = 1 day
So if I want to keep the SIM, I would have to top up RM365, then use the credit to buy data plan (Eg RM45 for 2GB, valid for 1yr)

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1RM = 1 day
So if I want to keep the SIM, I would have to top up RM365, then use the credit to buy data plan (Eg RM45 for 2GB, valid for 1yr)

You don't need to use rm365 to maintain 365 days. There should be an option to pay a small sum of money for 365 days expiry.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1RM = 1 day

I see I see.

If you are looking for long validity then there is other cheaper option like ONeXOX.

Roughly RM60 for a new SIM (SIM + immediate top up); you will get 3GB data plus some credit balance for voice call and the validity of the card is up to 28 months.

Btw I am not related to OneXOX, google OneXOX if you need more detail. :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You don't need to use rm365 to maintain 365 days. There should be an option to pay a small sum of money for 365 days expiry.

Validity365 was there for a period but they've since removed it.

Got to do the reload method to use the RM45 2GB now.

But you're right, don't need to use RM365 unless one wants to use the data all year round.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Validity365 was there for a period but they've since removed it.

Got to do the reload method to use the RM45 2GB now.

But you're right, don't need to use RM365 unless one wants to use the data all year round.

The most abandon the card after one year and get a new one. =:p

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The most abandon the card after one year and get a new one. =:p

But there's no new Hotlink Tablet/Broadband SIM pack to buy anymore. =:p

First they removed the 365-day line validity from the 2GB RM45 pack, and put in Validity365. Then they decided to take away Validity365 from the menu as well.

Looks to me like they're trying to force existing users to give up as well, and make this plan "forever buried and forgotten".

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But there's no new Hotlink Tablet/Broadband SIM pack to buy anymore. =:p

First they removed the 365-day line validity from the 2GB RM45 pack, and put in Validity365. Then they decided to take away Validity365 from the menu as well.

Looks to me like they're trying to force existing users to give up as well, and make this plan "forever buried and forgotten".

Back then how much was the Validity365?

cygnus1977

Reaction score
From zzxxzzxx brother and adding the digi plan into his summary:
Xpax (Celcom) - RM10
7 days validity
7 days 200mb data (fast)
RM6 credit
10GB free data (64kbps)
10GB free Facebook data (fast)
Daily RM3/1GB

-

Hotlink (Maxis) - RM10
5 days validity
2 days 300mb data (fast)
RM5 credit
0.5GB free Chat data (?)
1GB free Saturday data (fast)
1GB free Sunday data (fast)
5 friends free calls (Hotlink/Maxis)
Daily RM3/1GB

-

U Mobile (Power) - RM8.50
10 days validity
10 days 200mb data (fast)
RM5 credit
15mins/day free calls (U Mobile)
After topup RM10:
- 1GB free data (fast)
- 2GB free data (64kbps)

-

U Mobile (Unlimited) - RM8.50
10 days validity
10 days 200mb data (fast)
RM5 credit
1GB free data (64kbps)
After topup RM10:
- Unlimited data APP>ONZ (fast)

Digi Best (RM$8 starter pack)
RM5 credit
300MB for 7 days
30 days validity
RM3 for 1GB day pass
[Shop sales person in Bukit Indah says need to top up RM$30 upon buying, so upfront is RM$38]

I only need data, minimal call except for emergency use.
I am on Starhub Happy prepaid, where i buy e 1GB data for $5 when i go in.
Usually shared among 4 pax, 3 of them minimal whatsapp, facebook, but i play game.

I had an internet data counter app that shows how much data passes thru wifi/3G on the tethering phone. And usually when it hits 250MB on my counter, Starhub has alr said that my 1GB has been used up...WTF.

So i am thinking of getting a Malaysian prepaid card as i go in once or twice a month and may need more than 1GB of data (since 1GB is always not enough, which i dont understand). Seems like 3RM for 1GB is best deal for day pass. Is there cheaper than 3RM for 1GB within the apps coz i saw some online exclusive deals within the app on some pics shared in this thread. I am thinking of Digi, Umobile or hotlink.

A few questions:
Does the top-up 1RM in the last few days of grace/inactive period works for all the telcos prepaid? or only Digi?
What r e inactive/grace period of hotlink/Umobile? 60 days for Umobile and 50 days for hotlink.
Digi is 75 days for best, if i saw correctly on someone's post.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.