Malaysia prepaid card

fattybum50

Reaction score
Nope. That's the credit of RM4.16 which expires on 4th May 2017 la.
Please report back after 04th May on the situation if you can use the datas. This will help everyone on the sim and data confusion. Thank you.

Sent from bui bui land using GAGT

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw this quote from one of the posts there

"if you just want to extend validity for the sim card, just purchase RM45 2GB 365 validity, it is the same as RM33 Validity365, plus 2GB."

That's just what i did a few days ago.

Another way to verify this, if if you plan any Malaysia trip after 5th May 2017 (2 weeks away), try to use your tablet SIM and you will definitely get a better understanding on what we have discussed here..

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Another way to verify this, if if you plan any Malaysia trip after 5th May 2017 (2 weeks away), try to use your tablet SIM and you will definitely get a better understanding on what we have discussed here..

Hmm ok. It does sound rather complicated:s13:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please report back after 04th May on the situation if you can use the datas. This will help everyone on the sim and data confusion. Thank you.

Sent from bui bui land using GAGT
Jackpot if he can use his data after that date, coz I've another card expiring later in the month that I won't need to trash then. We shall see... :D

Hmm ok. It does sound rather complicated:s13:
It's actually pretty straightforward if you've been keeping yourself updated on what's been happening with this plan over the past year, especially over the past 6 months.

If you want complicated... I'll tell you now that even if you can't use the data after 4th May 2017, you'll find your credit balance still there if you reload within 50 days after that.

Actually not complicated if you know what all these terms are referring to.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. That's the credit of RM4.16 which expires on 4th May 2017 la.

Hm, many of us told you that it will affect your sim being active but let's really hope that you can still use it after the 4th.

May the 4th be with you...

LobsterX

Reaction score
According to your photo.

Simcard active validity is until 4th may. after which on 5th may onwards,
your simcard is SUSPENDed from using any services.

just that simple.

even if you applied for data that expires months after 4th may,
your data will only work till 4th may as mentioned above.

just think of it as this

Sim validity is a bowl, data validity is the water in the bowl.
Bowl break liao due to it being expire, your water also habis,
gone.

you renew the bowl by topping up your credits to make it valid again to hold your water aka data for usage.

My app is updated. Only 2 rows.

ELW5KtT.png

wcmonk

Reaction score
Hi guy,
recently had to throw away my hot link sim card with 40+ credit as i haven't went in to malaysia for 2 month and the card is cut. can't even reactive it with top up.

do like to check which card currently had the longest inactive period,before it get totally cut off.

i only know hotline max is 50 days,.

youhsueh

Reaction score
Hi guy,
recently had to throw away my hot link sim card with 40+ credit as i haven't went in to malaysia for 2 month and the card is cut. can't even reactive it with top up.

do like to check which card currently had the longest inactive period,before it get totally cut off.

Heresay is 50 days + 7 days grace. I have a card which expired after the 50 days period but within the 7 days grace, managed to have it reactivated via AskHotlink (Facebook). Do note there's a 5 working days to reactivate this.

Nevertheless, you can try your luck by asking them via Facebook or Twitter, quite responsive (normally within 1 hour during their operating hours). Hotlink can't re-activate card via top-up after 50 days period.

Phantom37

Reaction score
I saw this quote from one of the posts there

"if you just want to extend validity for the sim card, just purchase RM45 2GB 365 validity, it is the same as RM33 Validity365, plus 2GB."

That's just what i did a few days ago.
1 have 2 tablet sim cards

Card 1.
I topup RM50 and purchased the 2GB for 365days last Dec.
Wanted to used last weekend but cannot connect.
Went to Maxis.
They told me sim expired. =(

Card 2
I got my JB colleague to topup RM50 a few wks back.
Last weekend I bought the 2GB 365 plan.
While at Maxis to sort out card 1, they confirmed that my card 2 is valid only till May 14th, after which it can't be used, even though I just bought the 2GB plan on that day!

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

AFAIK, 75 days for DiGi Best, and 90 days for DiGi Live.

Check their website for confirmation.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 have 2 tablet sim cards

Card 1.
I topup RM50 and purchased the 2GB for 365days last Dec.
Wanted to used last weekend but cannot connect.
Went to Maxis.
They told me sim expired. =(

Card 2
I got my JB colleague to topup RM50 a few wks back.
Last weekend I bought the 2GB 365 plan.
While at Maxis to sort out card 1, they confirmed that my card 2 is valid only till May 14th, after which it can't be used, even though I just bought the 2GB plan on that day!

From what I see, your Card 1 was already near to its expiry date, maybe by Q1'17. For your Card 2, May 14th is already its original expiry date.

Once again, Maxis has already changed their terms for this Hotlink Broadband Plan (previously known as Hotlink Tablet Plan) such that extension of data package does not include validity extension for the card/line.

If you want to continue using your subscribed data after May 14th, you'll have to top up each time to reactivate the line (@RM1 for 1 day) before it's terminated.

In general, stages for a prepaid card: Active > Expired/Passive/Inactive > Terminated

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I see, your Card 1 was already near to its expiry date, maybe by Q1'17. For your Card 2, May 14th is already its original expiry date.

Once again, Maxis has already changed their terms for this Hotlink Broadband Plan (previously known as Hotlink Tablet Plan) such that extension of data package does not include validity extension for the card/line.

If you want to continue using your subscribed data after May 14th, you'll have to top up each time to reactivate the line (@RM1 for 1 day) before it's terminated.

In general, stages for a prepaid card: Active > Expired/Passive/Inactive > Terminated

It seems that they are trying to squeeze more milk ($$$) from us for this tablet plan. :s22:

Not only we need to pay for data subscription, we will also need pay extra $$$ to keep the SIM alive..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems that they are trying to squeeze more milk ($$$) from us for this tablet plan. :s22:

Not only we need to pay for data subscription, we will also need pay extra $$$ to keep the SIM alive..

That's what I thought when they initially added Validity365 to this plan, but I guess there're still users out there (in Malaysia, probably) who were relying only on Maxis network (or maybe they didn't know about others like OneXOX) and thus willing to pay the total of RM78.

Then they removed Validity365 and said users have to keep the line active via the regular reload way, and that's when it'll eventually become extinct... :s22:

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and tahan 1st. Keep it active and maybe they will reinstate the validity...

wcmonk

Reaction score
AFAIK, 75 days for DiGi Best, and 90 days for DiGi Live.

Check their website for confirmation.

ok thanks will go check it and maybe go buy it.

do like to check with all the expert if we are in singapore are we able to do top up to keep the card active? i heard from friend another way is buy multiple top up card then every 50 days(for hotline) top it up to keep it active.

will this method work for digi ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digi allows you to activate the line for 1 day at RM1 which will also reset the grace period. It's under the Super Long Life option.

Celcom allows 1 day activation through texting 1DAY to 28882 for the old Magic SIM. Not sure about the other prepaid plans.

If it's just to reset the grace period, can consider these methods instead of reloading RM5 each time.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks will go check it and maybe go buy it.

do like to check with all the expert if we are in singapore are we able to do top up to keep the card active? i heard from friend another way is buy multiple top up card then every 50 days(for hotline) top it up to keep it active.

will this method work for digi ?

This is what I did for my DIGI Best; every 70~75 days will reload/top up RM5 to reset the grace period.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Keep tracking and topping up to extent the validity period day by day, months by month...

Don't you think the XOX card is much better in that context with a worry free initial period 28 months validity with just RM40 which includes RM5 Airtime and 3GB data of Season Pass?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.