Malaysia prepaid card

blade_

Reaction score
I've been using the app. Some said they got charged, but it hasn't happened to me so far.

Don't forget to disable the auto-renewal if you don't want it to happen the following month. Can disable almost immediately after the activation, as the remaining from the 500MB will still be valid for a month.

I don't have the USSD nor SMS code offhand. Will post if I do later. :)

Thanks for coming to my rescue again, bro. ;)

U wake up early, bro, or u didn't sleep last night ? Browsing HWZ at 5am :D

sendtolee

Reaction score
I do use Digi Best as well, though I don't bother with watching expiry dates too frequently so chose to pay for Super Long Life yearly validity extension.

"To each his own." So I'd say just choose whichever you think works better for you.

Is your digi best on 4G?
Mine was always on 3G and it is super slow, it seemed like they throttled the speed to want users to upgrade to new plan where have to topup frequently. My experience digi 3g is slower than SG 3g.
Went to digi store yesterday and they told me to upgrade to new plan but will lose the super long life.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is your digi best on 4G?
Mine was always on 3G and it is super slow, it seemed like they throttled the speed to want users to upgrade to new plan where have to topup frequently. My experience digi 3g is slower than SG 3g.
Went to digi store yesterday and they told me to upgrade to new plan but will lose the super long life.

The 4G coverage very depending on the location where you are, and most of the time able to get 4G network in those big cities.

streams

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need a pre-paid and inexpensive Sim card for GPS use only- basically to track Car. What is your your recommendation? thanks in advance :)

withhelds

Reaction score
Any recommendation for infrequent travellers (e.g. less than 10 times per year) to Malaysia/JB only?
Mainly need Data + some incoming and outgoing credits.

Looking for 2 types.

1 Day prepaid?
- Any recommendation and where to buy it easily and cheaper?

Prepaid card with longest validity
- Any recommendation and does it allow to top up easily via online/Singapore?

Thank you.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any recommendation for infrequent travellers (e.g. less than 10 times per year) to Malaysia/JB only?...

The previous page will give you an idea between Digi Best and OneXOX.

I'd go with Digi Best for day trips, and can buy from Giant supermarkets at RRP. Straightforward usage, there's RM1 300MB data and calls/SMS rates are good enough IMO.

If you want longest validity, then it's OneXOX.

Online reload can be done via ePay Malaysia website.

Please check previous pages and respective websites for more info.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeking help from bros who own XOX SIM card.

1. There are 4 XOX SIM card dealers in HWZ : ONEXOX DEALER, syedafiff, critical888 and Phelio ? May I know from whom do you purchase the SIM card ?

2. According to XOX website, Season Pass for just Data costs RM100 for 20GB. I can't find smaller SP data package in their website. Is there other alternative to purchase smaller SP data package ?

3. I saw on XOX website (home.xox.com.my/support/user-guide/#season-pass), the smallest data that can be withdrew from SP account via sms is 500MB per month. Is it true ?

TIA for all your help.

I am user of XOX. Just want to answer/highlight some of things.

XOX is good for long term usage as the credit/Season pass last for 28 mths. Of coz you have to withdraw to ensure that you have valid data before use. Good for those who entering Msia every week, mth or even shorter frequency. It's a hassle to drop by mobile shop just to get a prepaid card every time go M'sia, isn't it?

Minimum withdraw is 500mb/month. You can do it in Singapore, by login to M1 network. *150*2# for the menu or apply it on the website. Note: You have to discontinue the recurring; otherwise every mth will deduct the 500MB.

Last time, used to be minimum withdrawal of 150MB per day or week. (I forgot already).

If you only entering JB for a day trip, SP withdrawal of 500MB is too much, use credit also can. RM3/day for 1GB. Refer to the menu *150*2#

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Withdrawal of Data from Season Pass

Thks for the link, bro. I actually read it before but at that time, I was still very blur about the whole SP thing so never paid too much attention to it.

Now a revisit to this info definitely helps a lot.

Just managed to have a quick glance from the app:

Note under the Data Subscription reads:

* Monthly and weekly data will be deducted from Season Pass account, followed by airtime if there are insufficient balance in Season Pass account.

* Daily data will be deducted directly from airtime.

I find this very straightforward, no fuss about method to withdraw since I normally use the app for all my prepaid cards, whenever available.

If you're to ask how you'd know which is daily, weekly, and monthly data, it's listed as such:
FAT1 FAT2 FAT5 FAT10 FATW2, FATD1 FAT500

Hope the above helps somewhat. :)

blade_

Reaction score
I am user of XOX. Just want to answer/highlight some of things.

XOX is good for long term usage as the credit/Season pass last for 28 mths. Of coz you have to withdraw to ensure that you have valid data before use. Good for those who entering Msia every week, mth or even shorter frequency. It's a hassle to drop by mobile shop just to get a prepaid card every time go M'sia, isn't it?

Minimum withdraw is 500mb/month. You can do it in Singapore, by login to M1 network. *150*2# for the menu or apply it on the website. Note: You have to discontinue the recurring; otherwise every mth will deduct the 500MB.

Last time, used to be minimum withdrawal of 150MB per day or week. (I forgot already).

If you only entering JB for a day trip, SP withdrawal of 500MB is too much, use credit also can. RM3/day for 1GB. Refer to the menu *150*2#

SP 20GB price is RM100 now. So 500MB costs RM2.5. 1GB FAT Data costs RM3 as u had already mentioned. For 1 day trip to Msia, withdraw 500MB from SP is still RM0.50 cheaper than daily 1GB data plan, provide yr data usage is less than 500MB. U can make 40 withdrawals of 500MB from 20GB SP plan. So, in total u save RM20 as compared to subscribing 40 1GB daily plan, not forgetting the 500MB withdrawal from SP has 30days validity.

blade_

Reaction score
Just managed to have a quick glance from the app:

Note under the Data Subscription reads:

* Monthly and weekly data will be deducted from Season Pass account, followed by airtime if there are insufficient balance in Season Pass account.

* Daily data will be deducted directly from airtime.

I find this very straightforward, no fuss about method to withdraw since I normally use the app for all my prepaid cards, whenever available.

If you're to ask how you'd know which is daily, weekly, and monthly data, it's listed as such:
FAT1 FAT2 FAT5 FAT10 FATW2, FATD1 FAT500

Hope the above helps somewhat. :)

Bro, how many SP plan hv u subscribed so far ? When is the best time to subscribe ? Happy Hour or wait till promotion ?

Subscribe SP Combo plan wu hua boh ? Minutes charges look pretty expensive too me. Is it cheaper just use airtime charges for voice call?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, how many SP plan hv u subscribed so far ? When is the best time to subscribe ? Happy Hour or wait till promotion ?

Subscribe SP Combo plan wu hua boh ? Minutes charges look pretty expensive too me. Is it cheaper just use airtime charges for voice call?

I've lost count really, but I won't say it's a lot. Happy Hour used to happen only weekly, but I think it's more frequent now. Is there any other promotion? I thought Happy Hour is a promo... but again, I've not been looking at them these days. =:p

I've only bought Data SP as I don't really make many calls. I see no point in getting the combo which I think is more for users residing in Malaysia.

blade_

Reaction score
I've lost count really, but I won't say it's a lot. Happy Hour used to happen only weekly, but I think it's more frequent now. Is there any other promotion? I thought Happy Hour is a promo... but again, I've not been looking at them these days. =:p

I've only bought Data SP as I don't really make many calls. I see no point in getting the combo which I think is more for users residing in Malaysia.

Thks, bro. ;)

syedafiff

Reaction score

Just get any data package from the happy hour. Happy hour is quite the same as the combo, but in smaller size. Follow fb page XOX Malaysia. HQ will post every incoming happy hour & how to activate.
For USSD, *150# will show the main menu.
To subscribe the happy hour on the current day, simply SMS "YES" to 22111/23388.

New users can get 5gb (can carry forward)+5gb free (1st mth) or 10gb (can carry forward)+10gb free (1st mth).

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SP 20GB price is RM100 now. So 500MB costs RM2.5. 1GB FAT Data costs RM3 as u had already mentioned. For 1 day trip to Msia, withdraw 500MB from SP is still RM0.50 cheaper than daily 1GB data plan, provide yr data usage is less than 500MB. U can make 40 withdrawals of 500MB from 20GB SP plan. So, in total u save RM20 as compared to subscribing 40 1GB daily plan, not forgetting the 500MB withdrawal from SP has 30days validity.

Thanks for the calculation. I'm annoyed coz that time early this year, I've bought 8GB at RM 120. Hence I calculated based on that rates. Lol. Don't intend to buy SP when it ends in 2 years time.

I shared or aka transferred to another number for my wife to use. So not a lot left lor.

Try to save on my SP. Only use SP if I anticipated that I go Malaysia more than once a month or overnights.

blade_

Reaction score
Thanks for the calculation. I'm annoyed coz that time early this year, I've bought 8GB at RM 120. Hence I calculated based on that rates. Lol. Don't intend to buy SP when it ends in 2 years time.

I shared or aka transferred to another number for my wife to use. So not a lot left lor.

Try to save on my SP. Only use SP if I anticipated that I go Malaysia more than once a month or overnights.

Wow ! :eek: 8GB for RM120 is expensive, bro !

blade_

Reaction score
1. Hi! All xox details i've put at 'carousell.com/syedafiffonexox'
Wsap at +60172462366

2. Starter pack is Rm50 10gb+*10gb free
Rm30 5gb+*5gb free
Rm30 333 min calls to all network

*coz its free, it is instantly activated for 30days use.

3. Yes you can activate min of 500mb for 30days, making ur expenses per month rm2.50. If the data activated finishes or the 30days expiry expired, simply activate a new one from your SP storage.
Data options are 500mb/1gb/2gb/5gb for 30days. Xox works great for frequent travellers for alternate 1 week up to 2 years.

Bro, how come u are not selling yr XOX SIM card at Travel Bazaar ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.