Malaysia prepaid card

blade_

Reaction score
I've been using the app. Some said they got charged, but it hasn't happened to me so far.

Bro, how to use the MyXOX app to withdraw 500MB ? I just can't find the menu ?

Last night checked got 5500MB data. This morning left 5020MB. No idea where did the 480MB go :s11:. I didn't even visit Msia or turn on data. So far only USSD code *132#. Tried using *150# but keep getting service not avail error. Switched network to Singtel or Starhub, both couldn't register network. Only M1 worked.

Checked data balance this afternoon, left 5120GB :s11:. No idea what is happening.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, how to use the MyXOX app to withdraw 500MB ? I just can't find the menu ?

Last night checked got 5500MB data. This morning left 5020MB. No idea where did the 480MB go :s11:. I didn't even visit Msia or turn on data. So far only USSD code *132#. Tried using *150# but keep getting service not avail error. Switched network to Singtel or Starhub, both couldn't register network. Only M1 worked.

Checked data balance this afternoon, left 5120GB :s11:. No idea what is happening.

Strange why your data is dropping since this card has no data roaming. Guess you'll have to get their CSO to check what's going on.

To subscribe data on the app, go to My Account, then Data Subscription. Drop-down list of options is somewhere in the bottom.

Season Pass balance can be viewed from Account/Profile.

blade_

Reaction score
Strange why your data is dropping since this card has no data roaming. Guess you'll have to get their CSO to check what's going on.

To subscribe data on the app, go to My Account, then Data Subscription. Drop-down list of options is somewhere in the bottom.

Season Pass balance can be viewed from Account/Profile.

bro, r u referring to this menu :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3uAvDeX5LPtdlYwaTRuUV9vRmM/view?usp=sharing
view

Thought this one got to pay to use ? I choose one item from the drop down list, FATD1-RM3.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

blade_

Reaction score
Looking at the screenshot, it looks like your 5GB is a data subscription rather than Season Pass?...

Anyway, for data subscription, see the note in the bottom that says weekly and monthly will be deducted from Season Pass first...

5GB is Season Pass Data. Tio boh ?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3uAvDeX5LPtT2hZdlZVU0dDdkk

To double confirm. FATD1 is a daily data plan. If I select this, RM3 will be deducted from DA account. Tio boh ?
If I select FAT500 - RM12, 500MB will be withdrawn from SP account. No money will be deducted. Tio boh ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5GB is Season Pass Data. Tio boh ?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3uAvDeX5LPtT2hZdlZVU0dDdkk

To double confirm. FATD1 is a daily data plan. If I select this, RM3 will be deducted from DA account. Tio boh ?
If I select FAT500 - RM12, 500MB will be withdrawn from SP account. No money will be deducted. Tio boh ?

Ah, OK, think I got it now. (Was on mobile phone earlier. :s13: )

Is yours a new account? I was comparing with the app info on my own phone to see what's going on.

I think the first screenshot you showed, that 5GB is an FOC one? Then yes, the second screenshot shows 5GB in your Season Pass. :)

Yup, FATD1 is daily plan, so deductible from your credit balance. I don't keep track from which account, since they'll just deduct from one and then the other if there's not enough in the former. :o

And yes, I just did a 500MB monthly subscription this morning, and it's deducted from Season Pass. Then I almost immediately went to cancel the auto-renewal too. :D ... Just make sure you choose the right option, that is to cancel the auto-renewal and NOT to stop the data (immediately).

blade_

Reaction score
Ah, OK, think I got it now. (Was on mobile phone earlier. :s13: )

Is yours a new account? I was comparing with the app info on my own phone to see what's going on.

I think the first screenshot you showed, that 5GB is an FOC one? Then yes, the second screenshot shows 5GB in your Season Pass. :)

Yup, FATD1 is daily plan, so deductible from your credit balance. I don't keep track from which account, since they'll just deduct from one and then the other if there's not enough in the former. :o

And yes, I just did a 500MB monthly subscription this morning, and it's deducted from Season Pass. Then I almost immediately went to cancel the auto-renewal too. :D ... Just make sure you choose the right option, that is to cancel the auto-renewal and NOT to stop the data (immediately).

Many thks, bro ;). Yes, just got my card yesterday. I get 5GB free for 30 days. Not sure the 5GB shown in the link abv refers to the free 5GB cos there is no other place that shows the 5GB that I paid for. I thought my profile will show 10GB but turns out that wasn't the case :s11:.

Life would be more straight forward if myxox app has a SP Withdrawal menu instead of putting the SP Withdrawal into the Data Subscription menu. Thought I had to pay RM12 to withdraw 500MB from SP account when I saw the RM12 behind the FAT500 plan :(

syedafiff

Reaction score
Many thks, bro ;). Yes, just got my card yesterday. I get 5GB free for 30 days. Not sure the 5GB shown in the link abv refers to the free 5GB cos there is no other place that shows the 5GB that I paid for. I thought my profile will show 10GB but turns out that wasn't the case :s11:.

Life would be more straight forward if myxox app has a SP Withdrawal menu instead of putting the SP Withdrawal into the Data Subscription menu. Thought I had to pay RM12 to withdraw 500MB from SP account when I saw the RM12 behind the FAT500 plan :(
yeah the apps still doesnt have option to withdraw data from SP. i'm as a dealer also not happy hearing some users accidently bought these basic plans instead of getting the starter pack. & the people who introduced them the xox sims also didnt guide them to get starter packs. hmm
after many checks done, turns out the only way to withdraw from SP is from *150# & do it when in MY.

blade_

Reaction score
yeah the apps still doesnt have option to withdraw data from SP. i'm as a dealer also not happy hearing some users accidently bought these basic plans instead of getting the starter pack. & the people who introduced them the xox sims also didnt guide them to get starter packs. hmm
after many checks done, turns out the only way to withdraw from SP is from *150# & do it when in MY.

Many thks, bro, for yr input. It really helps ;)

Finally, saw yr ad in Travel Bizaar :)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just managed to have a quick glance from the app:

Note under the Data Subscription reads:

* Monthly and weekly data will be deducted from Season Pass account, followed by airtime if there are insufficient balance in Season Pass account.

* Daily data will be deducted directly from airtime.

I find this very straightforward, no fuss about method to withdraw since I normally use the app for all my prepaid cards, whenever available.

If you're to ask how you'd know which is daily, weekly, and monthly data, it's listed as such:
FAT1 FAT2 FAT5 FAT10 FATW2, FATD1 FAT500

Hope the above helps somewhat. :)

Remember the note about monthly, weekly, and daily data that I mentioned a couple of days back? I guess older users would have found this really/more useful as it's not there previously. It's a reassuring add-on. =:p

It's sort of a risk when I first chose to withdraw via the app, rather than many who went the USSD or SMS way. But I did it a few times and wasn't charged, so I just continued and only made sure to check my credit balance after each withdrawal. ;)

Anyway, from what I've observed over these 1.5 years since I first got my OneXOX card, they do take note of user feedback and tweak whatever's necessary. So perhaps we'll see more improvements to the app as we go along. ;)

Oh, 2 differences between OneXOX and the other main prepaid cards that I can think of, offhand - 1) OneXOX supports auto-roaming for calls and text, but not data roaming. So we're safe from any "accidental" data roaming charges. 2) SMS to OneXOX 5-digit numbers shouldn't be done while you're roaming, unless you're prepared to be charged. I think it's RM2.50 per SMS.

Some of us earlier users have been charged for stuff we're not aware of, when we first started. But let's just take them as payments for lessons learned. Too bad none of the dealers we've here are active enough to list and share latest information with us, so we just learn as we go along. :)

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
i need to go to Msia once or twice monthly to visit the KL branch ... so i tried a lot prepaid cards but so far i find Hotlink (By maxis) being the more user frenly.... the apps , the ease to recharge, the quality of 4G is better than those i tried. Celcom's Xpax is the worst...

Hotlink , Digi is good and pretty risk free from facing any issues.... Umobile is cheap but many non urban area u get no 3g/4g

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a noob with Xox.

Just received my Sim card last week via mail from the XOX dealer xxxx8133

I followed his advice to buy a season pass - just bought data SPD1 (20GB) for RM100.

A few questions:

1) Do I need to do anything else if I am going to Malaysia and using this SIm card? (I read some people talking about 'withdrawals' which confuses me)

2) This 20GB can use anytime within the next 28 months? Or does XOX gradually deduct away the data even for non usage?

Thanks for any clarification....

blade_

Reaction score
Remember the note about monthly, weekly, and daily data that I mentioned a couple of days back? I guess older users would have found this really/more useful as it's not there previously. It's a reassuring add-on. =:p

It's sort of a risk when I first chose to withdraw via the app, rather than many who went the USSD or SMS way. But I did it a few times and wasn't charged, so I just continued and only made sure to check my credit balance after each withdrawal. ;)

Anyway, from what I've observed over these 1.5 years since I first got my OneXOX card, they do take note of user feedback and tweak whatever's necessary. So perhaps we'll see more improvements to the app as we go along. ;)

Oh, 2 differences between OneXOX and the other main prepaid cards that I can think of, offhand - 1) OneXOX supports auto-roaming for calls and text, but not data roaming. So we're safe from any "accidental" data roaming charges. 2) SMS to OneXOX 5-digit numbers shouldn't be done while you're roaming, unless you're prepared to be charged. I think it's RM2.50 per SMS.

Thks for yr input, bro ;) Really helpful info for 1st time user.

Too bad none of the dealers we've here are active enough to list and share latest information with us, so we just learn as we go along.

Couldn't agree more !

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on my knowledge:

1) Put SIM in and use straight

2) The SP data validity will follow your SIM validity which can be more than 28 months, and the SP data act as your DATA bank, withdraw from it when needed and minimum data will be 500MB.

Please note that each monthly data plan is automatic renew for the next month, so you will need to send DATA AR OFF to 23388 OR via mobile APP to request stop data plan renewal for each data plan you had subscribed.

I am a noob with Xox.

Just received my Sim card last week via mail from the XOX dealer xxxx8133

I followed his advice to buy a season pass - just bought data SPD1 (20GB) for RM100.

A few questions:

1) Do I need to do anything else if I am going to Malaysia and using this SIm card? (I read some people talking about 'withdrawals' which confuses me)

2) This 20GB can use anytime within the next 28 months? Or does XOX gradually deduct away the data even for non usage?

Thanks for any clarification....

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Good practice to do so otherwise our SP DATA will be depleted very fast due to auto-renewal..

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would be quite wary of trusting Malaysia telcos esp if you have subscribed to a long term plan. Much like their government, they tend to flip flop and arbitrarily change things, often without even informing users.

For example, I started off with 2 Hotlink tablet SIMs because of the RM45 for 2GB 1 yr data plan. Then Hotlink quietly stopped the Tablet SIM plan and converted these SIMs to normal SIMs, but allowed users to continue purchasing 1 yr of data for RM45. At that time the SIM expiry followed the data plan in force.

Sometime early this year and without warning, they suddenly imposed a new rule that even if you had purchased an annual data plan, the SIM expired if you did not top up every 50 days. I lost all the balance, including unused quotas in my SIMs. Thats RM90 down the toilet.

For me I think its safer to stick to pay per use on Tunetalk rather than to buy an annual (or longer) plan and hope that nothing changes.

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on my knowledge:

1) Put SIM in and use straight

2) The SP data validity will follow your SIM validity which can be more than 28 months, and the SP data act as your DATA bank, withdraw from it when needed and minimum data will be 500MB.

Please note that each monthly data plan is automatic renew for the next month, so you will need to send DATA AR OFF to 23388 OR via mobile APP to request stop data plan renewal for each data plan you had subscribed.

thanks for your answers.

The part that I don't understand is that I paid MYR 100 for the 20GB of data - so where does the monthly data plan come in? Isn't XOX a prepaid system?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.