Malaysia prepaid card

Ibodnano

Reaction score
i am going to kl for 3D2N, I need a Malaysia Prepaid card to use WhatsApp text messaging while I am there, what do you recommend? which telco and which card? how much is that card and how much data can I use?

syedafiff

Reaction score
Thanks for the codes!

But guys over here, please note that you'll be charged if you do this while roaming. RM2.50 per SMS, I think... Choice is yours to make, though.
you can also call CS and ask them to do this for you to avoid roaming sms charges.
or do this while in MY or via MyXOX apps.

syedafiff

Reaction score
Last edited:

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy a starhub happy roam card in Singapore. $15 come with $18 credit and the card last for 6 months. You can use the credit to activate data plan for other country. A 7 days 1 GB cost $7 credit.

It is worth the buy

Sent from ABC using GAGT

Never EVER buy the 1GB/7Days/$7 package.

Get 1GB/3Days/$5 + 0.01GB/7Days/$1

You get 1.01GB/10Days/$6

syedafiff

Reaction score
i am going to kl for 3D2N, I need a Malaysia Prepaid card to use WhatsApp text messaging while I am there, what do you recommend? which telco and which card? how much is that card and how much data can I use?
get digi. simcard around rm10. then topup rm10 & use bigGB plan for 1 week. *116# is the digi menu.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys,

just came back from jb.

Bought a digi prepaid sim card for my short stay there(3days), RM20 for 2gb for 2 weeks at 4G network + 10RM value

heard from lady, the sim card valid for 50days w/o any topup at 2g network speed.
Speed is fast, hotspot share with 4 other people.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Would this be the DiGi Best or DiGi Live card? And from which shop did you get yours from?

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
yes, if you are ready to pay unlimited money.

Haiz means don't have.

What's the recommendation for data sim then. I see some offering who give 1 gb free for 1 hour a day or free video during odd hours. Yet to see one that is easy to use and affordable.

For about 100rm what's the best way to maximise data volume for use over 4 weeks?

p_eppermint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can buy topup to prepare for your next trips.
One reason to get internet before you reach Malaysia is that you can entertain yourself while waiting to clear customs.
if top up in sg using hotlink app before travelling, all i need to do is insert the hotlink sim card, enter the hotlink app & purchase the top up right?

btw, what are the purchase methods? using cr card?

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! :)

Would this be the DiGi Best or DiGi Live card? And from which shop did you get yours from?

got it from JB checkpoint, not the first shop, but i believe its opposite some luxury property shop. Towards the corner one!!

IIRC it's DIGI Prepaid LIVE (The right corner put RRP RM8 DK how true is that considering i paid RM20 for it)!

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok after my trip, i might have gotten scam by the DIGI sales person.

She said RM20 for 2gb 2weeks + 10RM credit. <--- seems like a good deal since im only here for 3days, and the other plans were inflated and i don't require that much data...

So on DIGI's website (http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live), if u get this you will only pay RM8.00(incl. GST) comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days) HIGH SPEED INTERNET<--- after 300MB, u will have internet but low speed!
• Pack validity: 5 days

The RM5 credit can be used to subscribe for the Internet One Time Pass(RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on social media// RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on Media streaming sites)

SO THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR MY SINGAPOREAN DWELLERS!(IF AND ONLY IF you are here for 1-3days!) just have to pay RM8!!!

(WHICH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU ARE ONLY THERE FOR 1-3DAYS!)

PRO: value for money
CON: hard to find this prepaid card too cause normally shops will wan you to buy their upgraded version(EG:RM20 for more credit--->they know you wont use those credits also so they earn Etc)

LOOK AT THE LINK I FOUND: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got it from JB checkpoint, not the first shop, but i believe its opposite some luxury property shop. Towards the corner one!!

IIRC it's DIGI Prepaid LIVE (The right corner put RRP RM8 DK how true is that considering i paid RM20 for it)!
Thank you! Think I saw that shop when I passed by about 2 weeks back. Quite a few customers there during that time.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Think I saw that shop when I passed by about 2 weeks back. Quite a few customers there during that time.

hard to find ... RRP RM8

http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid

Digi Prepaid LiVE™ vs Digi Prepaid BEST™

which is better?

RM 1
Valid for 24 hours Unlimited Video – Lite3

can it be use on mobile router?

http://new.digi.com.my/apps/video-freedom#towatch

RM1
For Digi Prepaid customers:
Unlimited Lite for 24 hours*
(Optimal for viewing standard definition
videos at 512kbps)

RM5
10GB
High Speed for 24 hours

Last edited:

youhsueh

Reaction score
Haiz means don't have.

What's the recommendation for data sim then. I see some offering who give 1 gb free for 1 hour a day or free video during odd hours. Yet to see one that is easy to use and affordable.

For about 100rm what's the best way to maximise data volume for use over 4 weeks?

Digi have unlimited data (daily plans):

RM8 for High Speed
RM1 for 512kbps Speed

youhsueh

Reaction score
if top up in sg using hotlink app before travelling, all i need to do is insert the hotlink sim card, enter the hotlink app & purchase the top up right?

btw, what are the purchase methods? using cr card?

Yep.. Or you can also topup via USSD.

Online Credit Card, Ticket Reload, Ask from another Hotlink customer, etc...

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok after my trip, i might have gotten scam by the DIGI sales person.

She said RM20 for 2gb 2weeks + 10RM credit. <--- seems like a good deal since im only here for 3days, and the other plans were inflated and i don't require that much data...

So on DIGI's website (http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live), if u get this you will only pay RM8.00(incl. GST) comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days) HIGH SPEED INTERNET<--- after 300MB, u will have internet but low speed!
• Pack validity: 5 days

The RM5 credit can be used to subscribe for the Internet One Time Pass(RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on social media// RM1 for 24hours unlimited use on Media streaming sites)

SO THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR MY SINGAPOREAN DWELLERS!(IF AND ONLY IF you are here for 1-3days!) just have to pay RM8!!!

(WHICH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU ARE ONLY THERE FOR 1-3DAYS!)

PRO: value for money
CON: hard to find this prepaid card too cause normally shops will wan you to buy their upgraded version(EG:RM20 for more credit--->they know you wont use those credits also so they earn Etc)

LOOK AT THE LINK I FOUND: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

Good information and don think you got scam. It seems mobile phone shops only sell RM8 (the SIM card) + RM10 (one topup), they are not keen to sell the SIM card only. SIM cards only have to buy from Giants/supermarket. Usually the Sim card only cost RM8 comes with some voice and data (200 - 300MB), valid for 3 - 7 days, after need a topup to keep it alive. Any jiuhu expert can confirm the Sm only are available in Giants/711 (and where else?)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good information and don think you got scam. It seems mobile phone shops only sell RM8 (the SIM card) + RM10 (one topup), they are not keen to sell the SIM card only. SIM cards only have to buy from Giants/supermarket. Usually the Sim card only cost RM8 comes with some voice and data (200 - 300MB), valid for 3 - 7 days, after need a topup to keep it alive. Any jiuhu expert can confirm the Sm only are available in Giants/711 (and where else?)

AFAIK Digi cards not available from 7-Eleven outlets. Digi Centers (Danga Bay and Taman Molek if in JB) and Giant supermarkets sell them at RRP. The dealer on the ground floor of Giant Nusa Bestari used to have these for their non-VIP numbers, not sure if anymore.

Oh, also the 2 rest stops in Yong Peng... Ming Ann and Lucky Garden.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.