Malaysia prepaid card

RockStar9238

Reaction score
I have u mobile cardand i want to use it in singapore to call malaysia phone number. Anyone know to call out? What code should i call?

wy1984

Reaction score
Hi, I am a frequent traveller to Malaysia, and most of the times will go in to JB during the weekends. I am currently subscribed to singtel's 200mb data plan for use in Malaysia at sgd5 per month (excluding get). Sometimes I will exceed my 200mb data and I am now looking at Malaysia prepaid mobile data plan. Is there any recommendation based on my usage mentioned above? Thanks!

RockStar9238

Reaction score
Hi, I am a frequent traveller to Malaysia, and most of the times will go in to JB during the weekends. I am currently subscribed to singtel's 200mb data plan for use in Malaysia at sgd5 per month (excluding get). Sometimes I will exceed my 200mb data and I am now looking at Malaysia prepaid mobile data plan. Is there any recommendation based on my usage mentioned above? Thanks!

I dont go there every weekend but once a month at least. I have been using their prepaid card find that it is cheaper to call back in Singapore and network for data also good.

syedafiff

Reaction score
use Onexox. your usage will reduce at rm2.50 500mb/30days. data rate is at rm5/1gb. unused data will carry forward forever.
find and whatsapp me at travel bazaar. SyedAfiff Onexox.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Level 3 JB City Sq Mall has Maxis, U mobile & Digi. Do any of these shop sell prepaid Sim card (sin only w/o the 1st top up)?

youhsueh

Reaction score
Level 3 JB City Sq Mall has Maxis, U mobile & Digi. Do any of these shop sell prepaid Sim card (sin only w/o the 1st top up)?

Only Maxis. But their registration system is down for the longest time.

U Mobile and Digi sells with mandatory Topup + Data Plan.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have u mobile cardand i want to use it in singapore to call malaysia phone number. Anyone know to call out? What code should i call?

+
60 is Malaysia's international access code
Mobile phone numbers have codes like 010 011 012 013 014 015 016 017 018 019
+6010xxxxxxxx etc
Land lines have codes like 3 for KL,7 for Johor, etc
+603xxxxxxx etc
Rest of the numbers are either 7 or 8 digits

Your 5 digit number looks like a party that's sent you a message? I may be wrong, but I don't think you can call a 5 digit number...?

Last edited:

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried already but no ringing tone and immediately cut off

If that is the case, please make sure your network changed to local STARHUB before make any any oversea call.

+
60 is Malaysia's international access code
Mobile phone numbers have codes like 010 011 012 013 014 015 016 017 018 019
+6010xxxxxxxx etc
Land lines have codes like 3 for KL,7 for Johor, etc
+603xxxxxxx etc
Rest of the numbers are either 7 or 8 digits

Your 5 digit number looks like a party that's sent you a message? I may be wrong, but I don't think you can call a 5 digit number...?

Bro, think he/she dare not to reveal whole contact number ba. :s13:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If that is the case, please make sure your network changed to local STARHUB before make any any oversea call.

Bro, think he/she dare not to reveal whole contact number ba. :s13:

Oh, so it's +60378... then. Lol

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally used my Tune Talk SIM card once again, after taking advantage of their promo RM10 1-year validity extension and RM1 for 300MB data plan. (Disabling of data pack auto-renewal was easily done with the app.)

Connection was good on the whole. :)

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done a comparison between using a malaysia prepaid vs an m1 prepaid?

since m1 prepaid data includes free autoroam data for malaysia (and 4 other countries) it seems to be a better choice?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.