Malaysia prepaid card

kitkat2

Reaction score
been using my TRON prepaid simcard for a few years and thinking of changing.
I will need long validity, data and local/overseas call, is OneXOX the preferred choice?

you better wait and see first.

starting next year, the longest life a tourist can get on a malaysian prepaid will be limited to 3 months.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Top up before trip then consume the credits along the way?

If possible, top up the card but don't buy the 2GB for 7 days plan.

Starter pack come with preloaded 300MB for 7 days; if not enough, can spend RM1/day on IDD and enjoy FREE 1GB high-speed Internet for the rest of the day.

OR you can get those one time 1 day plan via their mobile app; either RM1 for 300MB or RM3 for 1GB +1GB (1pm-7pm) depends on your usage.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, so I buy starter kit and top up before trip then use RM10 for that 1.5GB?

Yes, ditto the RM1 IDD call for 1GB of data.

There's an alternative that I love to use (just plainly for convenience) if I am there >3 days: RM10 (7 Days, 1.5GB Quota).

In addition to that, enjoy 1GB everyday from 1pm-7pm and another 1GB from 12am-8am (only for Digi Best plans - this is available as long as your card is active - there's no need to subscribe to internet at all). In other words, your 1.5GB Quota will only be used between 8am-1pm, 7pm-12am.

However, if you're looking for value, the RM1 IDD call would be a better choice.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Top up before trip then consume the credits along the way?

Some shops impose 'compulsory' top up when you purchase the starter pack, if you feel okay then buy but don't purchase any data after that top up.

Please download MyDigi app in advance and use the app to pick the one that suit you most. :)

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I try to top up the digi but the transaction got terminated.... any idea why?
is it commonly faced?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There's an alternative that I love to use (just plainly for convenience) if I am there >3 days: RM10 (7 Days, 1.5GB Quota).

In addition to that, enjoy 1GB everyday from 1pm-7pm and another 1GB from 12am-8am (only for Digi Best plans - this is available as long as your card is active - there's no need to subscribe to internet at all). In other words, your 1.5GB Quota will only be used between 8am-1pm, 7pm-12am.

However, if you're looking for value, the RM1 IDD call would be a better choice.

hey can i ask which digi prepaid sim plan is this? i am going jb for 3 days and probably will just need data. gonna use the sim card as mifi.

please advise. thanks!

kitkat2

Reaction score
I try to pay via Visa, tried using mastercard.

Previously I top up via those mobile shops buy their card.

Now digi app I can't use alr.

digi themselves don't accept foreign credit cards.

and their min reload amount is rm10. better use those channels that allow rm5.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I try to pay via Visa, tried using mastercard.

Previously I top up via those mobile shops buy their card.

Now digi app I can't use alr.

Can use the following link to do the reload, if not wrong e-pay do accept foreign credit cards.

If you want to reload while in SG, can consider doing it here - https://www.e-pay.com.my/shop/category/1/mobile-reload - payment with credit card. It'll generate the 16-digit code for you to enter for your reload... can use the MyDigi app to do it as well.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can use the following link to do the reload, if not wrong e-pay do accept foreign credit cards.

Yes, this is the avenue I use whenever I don't have those reload vouchers (bought in JB) in hand. Using my SG credit card for payment.

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why can't you use the MyDigi app anymore? :s11:

They keep prompting me "use a digi mobile to login"

When I am using it... And I see the playstore, a lot of problems about login... Haha

So atm, in Malaysia I can't determine my data...

And currently I am not using the digi best but the digi prepaid live... Maybe I gg to get a new sim card =x

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They keep prompting me "use a digi mobile to login"

When I am using it... And I see the playstore, a lot of problems about login... Haha

So atm, in Malaysia I can't determine my data...

And currently I am not using the digi best but the digi prepaid live... Maybe I gg to get a new sim card =x
You can try to log in or register if you've not, from here - https://connect.telenordigital.com/id/signin - Mobile number has to be in full +60141234567.

When using the MyDigi app after that, just choose to log in with Connect - same User ID and password.

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try to log in or register if you've not, from here - https://connect.telenordigital.com/id/signin - Mobile number has to be in full +60141234567.

When using the MyDigi app after that, just choose to log in with Connect - same User ID and password.

Yea, I tried that doesn't know why it doesn't work... But it's okay bah. Getting a new card soon haha.

geekboy

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I admit I'm lazy to read through the entire thread.

I lost my good old Tron card and I'm thinking of getting another prepaid card. I go in monthly and my trips are usually between 1-3 days depending on where I'm going. What's a good data only card.

This seems good since it's just 1RM a day. So I just head to a counter and tell them I want the cheapest digi best card?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I admit I'm lazy to read through the entire thread.

I lost my good old Tron card and I'm thinking of getting another prepaid card. I go in monthly and my trips are usually between 1-3 days depending on where I'm going. What's a good data only card.

This seems good since it's just 1RM a day. So I just head to a counter and tell them I want the cheapest digi best card?

http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

I'd suggest you at least read the last few pages, say from 400 onwards. Will give you a better idea.

Last edited:

Leonard_Ong

Reaction score
I have an old Celcom xpax card that I have been extending the validity for 2 years (RM 70) and another top up of MYR 30 within 6 months. With GST kicking in, The rule of topping up 30 ringgit within 6 months after extension would this be inclusive or exclusive of GST.

Anyone knows?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.