Malaysia prepaid card

leemenghoe

Reaction score
hi everyone out there,i need advice on prepaid malaysia card.hi can u reccommend a sim card to use in Malaysia for 5days from nov 22 to nov 26..i only need data nothing else...around 5GB to 10GB...what are my best options..thanks alot in advance as this is my 1st time there,very noob😅😅😭

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My experience is not as good as yours.
Digi network is very slow even in city like Penang, JB....

There's something wrong with Digi network in JB last Thursday.

Was trying to Grab from Gelang Patah when network showed E and at best H+ during a really heavy downpour. Had to switch to another phone with Hotlink/Maxis network.

Over in a basement shop in KSL around lunchtime, was doing a couple of Digi voucher redemption when it's more difficult right inside the shop, and one cashier confirmed that there's a Digi network issue that day.

No problem the rest of the day. :)

Extech

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, anywhere in JB can I get rm8 Digi pre paid card? Most Digi shops is trying to sell me between rm38-40.

IIRC the Giant supermarket

sendhalp also mention the JBCC mynews convenience store

It’s like a 7-11 kinda store, and look at their choices of prepaid cards and choose the one you prefer. Once, I was there to buy tunetalk 2rn, and also happen to see Digi and hotlink. All at rrp.

Last edited:

Downloader

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, anywhere in JB can I get rm8 Digi pre paid card? Most Digi shops is trying to sell me between rm38-40.

I bought from a mobile shop in Holiday Plaza at RRP RM8. Sales girl didn't know and I also forgot reading that it already came with 300mb data so used RM1 credit to buy. The SMS that says so also received late. On my 2nd trip, my sis bought from another shop also in the same building when I was not with her also for RRP RM8. Sales guy asked my sis top up RM10 and told her to get the RM3 2+1GB. Is either he don't know or try to earn more. End up both times we couldn't finish the data.

kennzo

Reaction score
hi, i'm going up to kl for trip. if anyone would know. which prepaid card is best. i need free incoming calls. anyone can help? i tried surfing their celcom, maxis website. all no enough details lei....

can try digi mobile.

they have this promo RM 8 for unlimited data for 24hrs

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
Maxis hotlink provides the widest and fastest coverage and speed throughout Malaysia. I tried it on the bus trip from jb to melaka the connection was very stable and fast. It came with free social media apps connection and 1gb free data for rm20 including sim. For Google maps, light internet usages and Grab should be sufficient to last for many days. However it costs higher but in exchange for a reliable service. And I used the free wifi in the hotel when not travelling.

auriga

Reaction score
one day validity?

you don't have to spend another sen.

purchase one-day validity for rm1 from *128#. it's good to cover you for TWO days i.e. the day of purchase and the day after. so, for 4 days, you just need to burn rm2 from your rm9.70.

wow, just to clarify, to purchase 1 day validity for RM1, you end up with 2 full days of use???
or is it like 24 hours covering portion of both days?

Cenziwei

Reaction score
I'm from jb and live in Singapore. Go back to jb occasionally. I use umobile and top up with 5 MYR for 5 days calling and 1 day 1.5gb. Its been working good for me in jb and also when I was traveling in Malacca and penang.

5 MYR top up for umobile is available in 7 eleven shops.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm from jb and live in Singapore. Go back to jb occasionally. I use umobile and top up with 5 MYR for 5 days calling and 1 day 1.5gb. Its been working good for me in jb and also when I was traveling in Malacca and penang.

5 MYR top up for umobile is available in 7 eleven shops.

Thanks for sharing, but if want 5 days Data then how much is it ?

Reaction score
Hi, anyone is having troubles using onexox sim? I purchased one sim last time (forgotten when) and when i tried to input it to my spare phone now, it shows roaming reception but i can't check my balance or expiry date when dialing *150#...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
你静静啦!!!!!;117848505 said:
Hi, anyone is having troubles using onexox sim? I purchased one sim last time (forgotten when) and when i tried to input it to my spare phone now, it shows roaming reception but i can't check my balance or expiry date when dialing *150#...

Have you tried using the OneXOX app?

I'm thinking along the line that *150# CALL is like an outgoing call, something that one can't do if the line is inactive. But if you use the app, you can still receive the OTP for registration, then check the validity from there.

Reaction score
Have you tried using the OneXOX app?

I'm thinking along the line that *150# CALL is like an outgoing call, something that one can't do if the line is inactive. But if you use the app, you can still receive the OTP for registration, then check the validity from there.

I forgotten my phone number 😂😂, can't register to use that app

Aresden

Reaction score
currently on TRON, wish to change to a long-validity simcard, heard that onexox no more long validity, anymore recommendation?

kitkat2

Reaction score
egjk6NZ.jpg

umobile now offers validity extension.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.