Malaysia prepaid card

Aresden

Reaction score
just saw the TRON notice not long.
Dun tink i'll be requesting for refund coz i do not have a malaysia bank account, but instead might be opting for the port-over. How does that work? Does it deliver to Singapore?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun tink i'll be requesting for refund coz i do not have a malaysia bank account, but instead might be opting for the port-over. How does that work? Does it deliver to Singapore?

AFAIK, they don't mail/courier the new SIM cards to SG. For the refund, there's an option there for foreign (SG) banks.

Edit: Alternatively, check the Travel Bazaar for (OneXOX?) dealers who may be able to do it.

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score

refund only if you have lots of money stuck inside. otherwise, do nothing and your card will become a digi card.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
refund only if you have lots of money stuck inside. otherwise, do nothing and your card will become a digi card.

Wait. Does that mean that card will remain valid for calls, data etc? :s11:

This is what is stated in the termination notice but it's not really clear what it means.

Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 30/12/2018, will be handed over to Tron's Host Operator – DIGI

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Service continuity options

Subscriber may choose from the options:

i. Direct Port-in to Tron collaboration party to retain their current number & services, following the Port-in Standard Procedures with terms & conditions. (Priority)

ii. Port-out to other Telco to retain their current number or,

iii. Terminate their existing MVN services from Tron, following the refund standard procedures.

Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 30/12/2018, will be handed over to Tron's Host Operator – DIGI, without any prior notice and no appeal can be filed.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait. Does that mean that card will remain valid for calls, data etc? :s11:

This is what is stated in the termination notice but it's not really clear what it means.

Right, it does sound weird to think that the Tron SIM card will have a Digi line later, and thus able to be used and roam.

So I'd think that we'll then have to change to Digi SIM card but how would Digi be able to contact us for the procedure?

My initial understanding from that statement, is that all lines with no response will be handed back to Digi... that is, cut dead... (This is from past cases where terminated ported-out numbers were "returned" to the hosts.)

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
Right, it does sound weird to think that the Tron SIM card will have a Digi line later, and thus able to be used and roam.

So I'd think that we'll then have to change to Digi SIM card but how would Digi be able to contact us for the procedure?

My initial understanding from that statement, is that all lines with no response will be handed back to Digi... that is, cut dead... (This is from past cases where terminated ported-out numbers were "returned" to the hosts.)

tron *is* a digi line. i think you think too much.

mush_room

Reaction score
Anyone use the refund for tron? My family and my relatives uses Tron and all balance left over more than RM50.
Is it better to try for refund or just forget it?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tron changed pattern again.

Please refer to their website for latest info: http://www.tron.com.my/

Just copied:

Impacted Services

i. MVN services will only be available till 30/12/2018.

ii. From 31/12/2018 till 30/1/2019, only domestic SMS for incoming/outgoing and domestic incoming voice call are available for port out purpose to other telcos.

iii. On 31/1/2019, MVN service will be permanently shut down.

Service continuity options

Subscriber may choose from the options:

i. Direct Port-in to Tron collaboration party to retain their current number & services, following the Port-in Standard Procedures with terms & conditions. (Priority)

ii. Port-out to other Telco to retain their current number or,

iii. Terminate their existing MVN services from Tron, following the refund standard
procedures.

Subscribers who do not select any options from the above before 31/1/2019, their MVN service will be terminated permanently.

Last edited:

bringit

Reaction score
Anyone use the refund for tron? My family and my relatives uses Tron and all balance left over more than RM50.
Is it better to try for refund or just forget it?

Since you're prepared to forget about it, might as well do a refund to get something out of it?

mush_room

Reaction score
Since you're prepared to forget about it, might as well do a refund to get something out of it?

On their refund website, they asked for our passport and bank account attachment. My mom asked me is it safe or not since they closing down. I also don't know how to answer her...

kitkat2

Reaction score
On their refund website, they asked for our passport and bank account attachment. My mom asked me is it safe or not since they closing down. I also don't know how to answer her...

when you signed up, you gave them your passport right?

mush_room

Reaction score
when you signed up, you gave them your passport right?

Yes... We all signed up at Genting there when they gave us free... So unlucky we just top up on 10Dec and becomes like that ��

edit: Can't even process their refund page! Everything filled up and error with a "The bank field is required."

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.