Malaysia prepaid card

funky05

Reaction score
Icic, i thought Maxis is the biggest telco in Msia with the widest coverage? I may be wrong though. No need to worry about it jumping to other telcos, as Singtel said there is a network lock.

Yea the Hotlink Untuk Tablet plan is ideal, but not very convenient to buy at the beginning of the trip as we are all driving straight to Genting in the early morning and apparently it is only available at Maxis stores. Will buy 1 at the end of this trip.

Ok bro :) can grab it for future trips

Mr Elf

Reaction score
Remember to check if it is a public holiday in Msia before heading to Maxis center for their tablet sim card as they'll be closed.

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tunetalk users - anyone who has de-activated their auto roaming ? Can you confirm whether after de-activating, you can still connect to Singapore network like Singtel/ M1 ? I de-activated roaming on the online Tunetalk Self-Help, but seems like the card still connects to Singtel/M1 and can send SMSs. Cannot call or receive calls however. Asked Tunetalk customer service about it but they don't understand the problem.

I want to de-activate my SMS roaming completely as I use the Tunetalk card in a car GPS tracker. If the device battery runs down, it repeatedly sends SMSs to me - this wipes out all my credit when I am in Singapore and the SIM is in roaming mode.

kitkat2

Reaction score
hi check with your, thinking of using M1 M prepaid card to use for data roaming in bintan, genting and Kl.
https://www.m1.com.sg/personal/mobile/prepaidmobile/mcard#tab4

I wonder how good is the signal for Celcom (Malaysia) & XL Axiata (Indonesia)?

just sharing my experience in using XL prepaid in Java. good coverage and fast in urban areas, no signal in the highlands. :s22:

p.s. if you need mobile internet in indonesia, i can loan you a telkomsel. :)

poonyq

Reaction score
Tunetalk users - anyone who has de-activated their auto roaming ? Can you confirm whether after de-activating, you can still connect to Singapore network like Singtel/ M1 ? I de-activated roaming on the online Tunetalk Self-Help, but seems like the card still connects to Singtel/M1 and can send SMSs. Cannot call or receive calls however. Asked Tunetalk customer service about it but they don't understand the problem.

I want to de-activate my SMS roaming completely as I use the Tunetalk card in a car GPS tracker. If the device battery runs down, it repeatedly sends SMSs to me - this wipes out all my credit when I am in Singapore and the SIM is in roaming mode.

What is the model of the GPS tracker? I am very interested to buy one.

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help with my query on how to completely disable auto roam on Tunetalk ?

Tunetalk Customer Svs is pretty hopeless (quite standard for all Malaysia telcos), just read from standard script and don't understand the problem. They confirm that my Tunetalk card already has roaming disabled but say roaming in this case means "internet roaming".

This can't be correct as once I disabled the roaming option, I cannot call or receive calls even though I am connected to M1. So its half what I want, other than for the stupid SMSs that are still somehow being sent even when roaming is disabled.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help with my query on how to completely disable auto roam on Tunetalk ?

Tunetalk Customer Svs is pretty hopeless (quite standard for all Malaysia telcos), just read from standard script and don't understand the problem. They confirm that my Tunetalk card already has roaming disabled but say roaming in this case means "internet roaming".

This can't be correct as once I disabled the roaming option, I cannot call or receive calls even though I am connected to M1. So its half what I want, other than for the stupid SMSs that are still somehow being sent even when roaming is disabled.

Haha! My experiences with a certain local telco customer service is not "pretty hopeless" but a straight "hopeless". At least they use their own talents, while we use FTs who aren't even stationed here and command of the English language can't even beat theirs! :s13:

Anyway, via which means did you contact their customer service? I've contacted TT CSOs via email, phone, and live chat and had clear answers from them all. I'd suggest you send them an email (their reply is pretty prompt) stating your queries clearly.

I've in fact just got off the line with Celcom's live chat to get something clarified. My second live chat with them and found this is my preferred method for Celcom. Have previously used email and even visited their center.

Anyway, can't help you otherwise, as I personally value being able to roam with my TT card.

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sent a few emails to TT Customer Svc, and also did a webchat.

The web chat person wasted almost 50 mins with me and still did not understand, so I provided her with all info like card serial number etc and asked her to escalate to Technical Dept, and she said they would get back in 24 hours. Its been a few days, no word. Maybe I need to pursue the email route instead....

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sent a few emails to TT Customer Svc, and also did a webchat.

The web chat person wasted almost 50 mins with me and still did not understand, so I provided her with all info like card serial number etc and asked her to escalate to Technical Dept, and she said they would get back in 24 hours. Its been a few days, no word. Maybe I need to pursue the email route instead....

When things get complicated, an email is the way to go. State all information clearly and let them reply you there.

From my experiences with the various means, I doubt they're effectively linked ... much like our vital departments here, like pavement and the left/right patch of grass being under 3 different departments. So just stick to email and don't bother to ask webchat or any others about your email query.

My recent Celcom experience was quite an experience. I thought being at their center will get me the best answer, but it turned out I got an inaccurate answer from there after over half an hour, while their live chat gave me a straight answer which made more sense.

Of course, with live chat we need to have all our info on hand and accurate typing helps cut down time taken too. I normally type my question somewhere else, copy, then paste immediately after the agent comes online. :D

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maxis Hotlink's Validity 365 is back!!!

Probably due to the continuous requests from their #Hotlink prepaid users to switch to something that allows the subscription of Validity 365, and to remain competitive as well, Maxis Hotlink launched a new prepaid plan today! :s12:

The New Hotlink FAST

Telco: Maxis
Type: New Hotlink FAST
RRP: RM15
Preloaded Credit: RM5
Initial Validity: 5 days
Passive Period: 50 days
Others: Preloaded 300MB data, optional Validity 365

Existing #Hotlink users can change to this plan for a charge of RM1, via the Hotlink Red app. (Switching back to #Hotlink will cost RM5.)

Check out their website for more information and rates. :D

First time download of the Hotlink Red app will get you 1GB free data, valid for 3 days!
Hotlink Red App
A promotion from Hotlink, valid until January 2016.

Phantom37

Reaction score
Just got my Msia colleague to help me get the Hotlink Tablet SIM.
Once I put in the SIM, the phone (I m using it on a phone for data only) ask me for a PIN.
5 tries... Only.
Any idea what is the PIN? =(

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my Msia colleague to help me get the Hotlink Tablet SIM.
Once I put in the SIM, the phone (I m using it on a phone for data only) ask me for a PIN.
5 tries... Only.
Any idea what is the PIN? =(

A new SIM card isn't normally locked, unless the user chooses to. Have you checked with your colleague if he's by any chance changed the default PIN.

In any case, the default PIN for Hotlink is 0123.

Or have you set your phone such that a PIN has to be keyed in whenever a new SIM card is inserted? Would this be the phone PIN? Just a wild guess here, though.

joshchia

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Any idea how much is the validity 365 subscription? Is any restrictions on where this is available?

Probably due to the continuous requests from their #Hotlink prepaid users to switch to something that allows the subscription of Validity 365, and to remain competitive as well, Maxis Hotlink launched a new prepaid plan today

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Any idea how much is the validity 365 subscription? Is any restrictions on where this is available?

The current rate for Validity 365 is RM33; I believe it should be the same for this latest plan. Someone has switched his #Hotlink to FAST before subscribing to Validity 365, and hasn't mentioned any increase in cost.

New Hotlink FAST should be available together with #Hotlink, but I've not had a chance to check at the shops yet. Was in City Square and Komtar JBCC area on Monday, and didn't know about FAST then. =:p

Something I've noticed on the FAST's link, though. There doesn't seem to be any 1-day internet pass... :s22:

Now I'm tempted to grab a FAST to play with! :s13:

Phantom37

Reaction score
Thanks
The code worked...
Didn't set anything on my phone.
I need to key in the pin whenever I power on... Weird...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks
The code worked...
Didn't set anything on my phone.
I need to key in the pin whenever I power on... Weird...

0123 worked?

Probably someone has set the SIM card lock.

You can go to the Settings > Security of your phone and unlock the SIM card and/or change the SIM PIN.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
The current rate for Validity 365 is RM33; I believe it should be the same for this latest plan. Someone has switched his #Hotlink to FAST before subscribing to Validity 365, and hasn't mentioned any increase in cost.

New Hotlink FAST should be available together with #Hotlink, but I've not had a chance to check at the shops yet. Was in City Square and Komtar JBCC area on Monday, and didn't know about FAST then. =:p

Something I've noticed on the FAST's link, though. There doesn't seem to be any 1-day internet pass... :s22:

Now I'm tempted to grab a FAST to play with! :s13:

hahah just for the 4G? :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.