Malaysia prepaid card

dEv_

Reaction score
any XPAX24 user, i tried to extend the credit validity via the *118# but it doesnt seem to work man.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm gg malacca next week. Any recommend for a high speed data with at least 1gb? I need it to watch miotv on my tablet when i'm out or when hotel internet is not fast enough.. heehee..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice.. haha do try.. your feedback is very helpful =:p

Ah, I've already been using Hotlink for about 2 years! Maxis is still my favorite MY telco today, though its SG partner is nowhere near. =:p

Just thinking if I want to get this new plan that allows Validity 365 as well, but the lack of 1-day mobile internet package is holding me back. :s22:

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, I've already been using Hotlink for about 2 years! Maxis is still my favorite MY telco today, though its SG partner is nowhere near. =:p

Just thinking if I want to get this new plan that allows Validity 365 as well, but the lack of 1-day mobile internet package is holding me back. :s22:

yes.. 1 day internet package v impt, unless got deals like the tablet plans which the data does not go away. :)

gn1251

Reaction score
Going to Cameron Highlands for about a week. What would be the best prepaid mobile data SIM card? Which brand is most reliable? Celcom, Maxis, Digi.. ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm gg malacca next week. Any recommend for a high speed data with at least 1gb? I need it to watch miotv on my tablet when i'm out or when hotel internet is not fast enough.. heehee..
If you ask me, I'll recommend you use Maxis Hotlink or Celcom Magic SIM, both of which I've had good connection while wondering around. Digi Best works too, as gathered from friends' feedback though they've not gone to any ulu areas. I surf with my Digi Best too, but use it mainly for calls/SMS. =:p

If you're getting your SIM pack in Melaka, want to be on Celcom network, and want a SIM card you can keep for a longer period, can considered getting a Tune Talk SIM pack from their dealer in Mahkota Parade mall. You can get 1GB of data free with a RM30 reload, and can also subscribe for a 1-year validity extension at a cost of just RM28. ;)

Going to Cameron Highlands for about a week. What would be the best prepaid mobile data SIM card? Which brand is most reliable? Celcom, Maxis, Digi.. ?
Last time I was in Cameron Highlands, handphones were not common, let alone prepaid SIM cards. =:p

I did a quick search on this thread and got quite a few results. I'd go with Celcom or Maxis. ;)

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
If you ask me, I'll recommend you use Maxis Hotlink or Celcom Magic SIM, both of which I've had good connection while wondering around. Digi Best works too, as gathered from friends' feedback though they've not gone to any ulu areas. I surf with my Digi Best too, but use it mainly for calls/SMS. =:p

If you're getting your SIM pack in Melaka, want to be on Celcom network, and want a SIM card you can keep for a longer period, can considered getting a Tune Talk SIM pack from their dealer in Mahkota Parade mall. You can get 1GB of data free with a RM30 reload, and can also subscribe for a 1-year validity extension at a cost of just RM28. ;)

hmm I would be getting my sim in Melaka.. In this case, i can only got for tunetalk coz its easier to find. As long as its on the 4g and minimum is 1gb I think shld be ok. If can call would be a better just in case i need to make booking lol..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm I would be getting my sim in Melaka.. In this case, i can only got for tunetalk coz its easier to find. As long as its on the 4g and minimum is 1gb I think shld be ok. If can call would be a better just in case i need to make booking lol..

Oh, since you'll be getting your new SIM pack in Melaka, then almost all will be easy to get - the telco centers are all within walking distance of each other! :s13:

Tune Talk is an MVNO riding on Celcom network, 4G SIM packs are already available at that dealer in Mahkota Parade, but I'm not sure if 4G network is available fully in Melaka yet though I got a glimpse of it at some stage.

Maxis and Celcom have 4G there, and quite sure I saw Digi has too when I was playing with the free 1.2GB I got from my reload. Celcom Center is just down the street on the right of Hatten Hotel, Maxis Center also in Mahkota Parade, and Digi Center's to the left of Mahkota Parade just walk further up the main road.

Looks like we've some similarities in our expectations from these prepaid cards, so I'd suggest you go for Maxis Hotlink (#Hotlink or New Hotlink FAST, depending on your needs) or Celcom Magic SIM, top up with the required amount, and subscribe to their 1GB (or higher) data package.

http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/free-internet.html
http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html
https://www.xpax.com.my/magicsim

For a summary of these plans, you can click on the link found in my signature. For more information, click on the links given above. :)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Hotlink Tablet Plan?

If so, the SIM pack costs RM30, and it comes with free 1GB of data and a validity of 365 days.

Should you require more data, you can choose between 1GB valid for 60 days at RM25, or 2GB valid for 365 days at RM45.

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/hotlink-tablet-plan.html

Since the validity for both cases no change, it will be good if only do top-up when there is a need as additional RM5 (RM45+RM5) can get us total 2GB of data with 120 day (60+60days)

dEv_

Reaction score
I just helped a friend do an EXP2 about 2 weeks back and it still worked.

Did it via SMS, though.

Type EXP2 (or EXP1 if you want to extend for 1-year at RM30)
Send to 28882

http://support.sinjo.net/knowledgebase.php?article=8

Hi Habrosus, can we do credit validity extension during the grace period? I vaguely recalled the grace period is 50 days now. Not sure if that is still applicable as i found them on another plan tnc site.

edit: guess i found my own answer.

the Customers will not be able to utilise the Service in the event that the Customer’s account is in the Grace Period. For the avoidance of doubt, grace period shall mean fifty (50) days from the expiry date of the prepaid account (“Grace Period”). The Customer shall be able to utilise the Service once the Customer performs a reload during the Grace Period;

the Customer can check the status of the Package’s Validity Period or Volume Quota by sending MAX STATUS to 28882 or dial *118# and selecting ‘Internet’;

Customers are allowed to subscribe to any other Packages before the expiry of the Validity Period the current Package subscribed by the Customer (“Current Package’s Validity Period”). In the event that Customer chooses to subscribe to another Package (“New Package”) before the expiry of the Current Package’s Validity Period, the Validity Period of the New Package shall supersede the Current Package’s Validity Period any existing Volume Quota shall be forfeited.

Customers will have to be in active state to utilize the services mentioned in Clause 3.1 above. Customers in grace period will have to reload and to continue utilizing their services
the Customer may be able to experience 4G LTE service with surf speeds up to 75MBps subject to the following:
the Customer has USIM;
the Customer’s device is 4G compatible; and
the Customer uses the Service in an area with 4G network;

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Habrosus, can we do credit validity extension during the grace period? I vaguely recalled the grace period is 50 days now. Not sure if that is still applicable as i found them on another plan tnc site.

edit: guess i found my own answer.

Good question! And I need to go read that clause you've shared again.

I've 2 more cards to help extend in a few days' time, 1 was extended up to the day after the end of the previous EXP2, while another is not. I wonder if I can do the latter, if not I'll have to do some credit-sharing to reactivate it. =:p

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh, since you'll be getting your new SIM pack in Melaka, then almost all will be easy to get - the telco centers are all within walking distance of each other! :s13:

Tune Talk is an MVNO riding on Celcom network, 4G SIM packs are already available at that dealer in Mahkota Parade, but I'm not sure if 4G network is available fully in Melaka yet though I got a glimpse of it at some stage.

Maxis and Celcom have 4G there, and quite sure I saw Digi has too when I was playing with the free 1.2GB I got from my reload. Celcom Center is just down the street on the right of Hatten Hotel, Maxis Center also in Mahkota Parade, and Digi Center's to the left of Mahkota Parade just walk further up the main road.

Looks like we've some similarities in our expectations from these prepaid cards, so I'd suggest you go for Maxis Hotlink (#Hotlink or New Hotlink FAST, depending on your needs) or Celcom Magic SIM, top up with the required amount, and subscribe to their 1GB (or higher) data package.

http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/free-internet.html
http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html
https://www.xpax.com.my/magicsim

For a summary of these plans, you can click on the link found in my signature. For more information, click on the links given above. :)

wow.. that was super detail. Thanks for giving so much information. I should be going for the new hotlink fast. On 4g and so much data. Lol... Now i can save this info and know where to look for my sim when I rch there.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow.. that was super detail. Thanks for giving so much information. I should be going for the new hotlink fast. On 4g and so much data. Lol... Now i can save this info and know where to look for my sim when I rch there.

You're welcome! Melaka is where I take the opportunity to do all my (and friends') prepaid SIM card errands as they're so closed by compared to JB, so I'm quite familiar with them (and maybe even they with me). =:p

One thing to note about Maxis Hotlink prepaid SIM packs, though... You can also get 4G LTE speeds with the #Hotlink one, just that FAST allows you to extend the validity by a year (RM33) while #Hotlink doesn't. However, I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be any 1-day mobile internet package for FAST.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
You're welcome! Melaka is where I take the opportunity to do all my (and friends') prepaid SIM card errands as they're so closed by compared to JB, so I'm quite familiar with them (and maybe even they with me). =:p

One thing to note about Maxis Hotlink prepaid SIM packs, though... You can also get 4G LTE speeds with the #Hotlink one, just that FAST allows you to extend the validity by a year (RM33) while #Hotlink doesn't. However, I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be any 1-day mobile internet package for FAST.

oo RM33 its alright. I go into JB once every 2-3 mths so its worth it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.