Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
untouchables cos they are assets to Ed.

when Ed announce Sanchez Pogba Lukaku etc, did he proudly mention how these additions going to help the team, help Mourinho, or was he more interested to talk about how much shirt they sold?
JM says AM can go, Ed says no. JM says Pog can go, Ed says no. JM says Darmian, Rojo can go, Ed says not cheaply. During JM time, we broke the record once - Pogba. JM wants to sign 29 old players, Ed says too old.

So essentially, not saying JM is right all the time, but Ed is meddling most of the times. Whereas in SAF era, no one is meddling with his decisions. That's why I said, we get in another 10 managers we will not see much difference.
for Pep..
buy Bravo, fail? oh nevermind, lets buy Ederson.

Last edited:

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bravo was cheap and at 34, nvr meant for first team...jus warming the seat for Eder

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whos fault do u think it is?

if the club can say player A is not worth another 5m den why cant they say no to Fred for 50m? whos fuking up the transfers?

did he calc "ah i can market this guy. lets pay 90m for him.
that one? not so much return, i will only pay 15m max for such asset"
Bravo was cheap and at 34, nvr meant for first team...jus warming the seat for Eder

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I plan to stay in Manchester for 1-2 nights to catch a game at old trafford. The last time I visited, I stayed at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays.

Planning to stay somewhere else this time.

Was wondering where do you all stay if staying overnight in Manchester?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like I said, sack JM for all you want, nothing gonna change. We sacked Moyes and LvG, did anything change? 1 or 2 years down the road you will be yelling at sacking the next manager.

Just get used to losing as long as Ed is around.

This is the modern era, SAF and AW belong to the era that managers stay longer than 1-2 seasons. How do the top clubs remain on top, they changed managers even when they are winning. This is to prevent a few things from happening, from tactics being stagnant, to favoritism and also from player power among others.

We can continue sticking with a plan looking for a manager to last us 5-10 seasons. It will take someone truly special to do that. But that someone special is definitely not someone who has a history of not staying longer than 3 seasons at a club.

You are asking if things changed when we changed managers, it did, all 3 managers introduced certain changes to the club. LVG introduced possession football and played youngsters. He won the FA Cup, we didn't stick with him cos everyone found it boring. (why didn't the board keep him, he did achieve what SAF did by winning an FA Cup and went on to win more things even after starting badly....ooohh cos JM flirted with our club)

JM brought changes to the club too, he introduced parking the bus method. It worked for 1 season, he got us trophies..it didn't work the 2nd season even though we could have at least won the FA Cup. Similarly his style is boring but lacks possession. We stuck with him (gave contract etc etc) and things changed for the worst immediately after that in typical JM fashion after he got he wanted.

But these are all the lessons for the club to learn. With the next manager, things are going to change again...100%, we may or may not win any trophies but the club should learn to have a succession plan for 2-3 seasons later not to prevent another similar case from happening, but to anticipate that these situation will eventually come, if we want to continue and remain on top.

Football is changing, we are not living in the 90s, 00s any more. Name me 1 top club that sticks with the same manager for 5 seasons now.

The only way that will make me back JM is if, he won all his past trophies, titles for the past 10-15 years managing 1 single club, then he would truly have understood what it means going through the good and bad times that the same club is facing and bringing it back up. He would have all the experience he need and the solutions on how to overcome player power as well as how to manage players better.

The only experience he have now is walking away with money after dragging a club down.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubletree Hilton, minutes walking distance to the metro in between manchester station and picadilly gardens. Stayed there twice, good service and breakfast!

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm shudder the day when the goal of the month has to come from the Women or Under 21 teams because the senior team failed to score for an entire month...

It's scary cos it's possible especially the fixtures for this month

Newcastle home
Chelsea away
Juventus home
Everton home

We might be able to score against Newcastle and Everton at home, but even that is very hard to say with the way we are playing now.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I plan to stay in Manchester for 1-2 nights to catch a game at old trafford. The last time I visited, I stayed at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays.

Planning to stay somewhere else this time.

Was wondering where do you all stay if staying overnight in Manchester?

I usually just stay beside the picadilly station if it's a night match, next day take the early morning train back to London.

mazdaRX

Master Member
Reaction score
I recently went for the wolves game at OT. Stayed 1 night holiday inn near their train station, not bad though. After match straight away train back london

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestions guys. Think I'll stay near Piccadilly station this time round.

Wanted try hotel football but match day it's so expensive. $600+ a night.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wah No English team won last night

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"We talk about footballers and managers, not every player is going to get along with their manager and the manager is not going to like every player," Keane told Notts TV.

"But what you do as a footballer, and whatever disagreements I've had with one or two managers, when you cross that line, you play for the team."

"I don't care what fallout you've had with your manager, I don't care if you've been at each others' throats, because that is part of the industry, people do fall out, it happens in other industries. Unfortunately when you're at Man United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, things will get exaggerated."

"But if you're a footballer for Man United and you put that jersey on and walk out and don't give 100 percent because you might be upset with somebody, then good luck to Mourinho in this job."

The 47-year-old added: "Players who get upset with the manager or coaching staff and think 'I'm not going to train properly because somebody upset me'... there's a lot of cry babies out there."

"When you walk out on that pitch, you're playing for your pride, your're playing for your family, your city, whatever it might be. Don't get that worried about what the manager's said about you or the coaching staff."

"You can fall out after the match, but when the game's going on liven up, play with pride, play with energy, play with spirit and hopefully play with a bit of skill. You can't always play with the skill, you can have a bad day, but on your bad days you roll your sleeves up and you fight for that jersey and don't get distracted by the balloons out there."

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
On the bright side we are still the undefeated English team in CL.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.