Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeape

Reaction score
alot of rumour mills, trust them or not, suggesting should employ Roy Keane as backroom staff hahaha

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sack JM liao appoint who??

Zizou say not coming.
Conte say no, you want him meh?
Picco in spurs u think their botak chairman will let us have him?
Ask pep hey come over??
Or ask Giggs back? Later 3 match same results then the cycle repeat itself.
Or ask wengar yo bro wanna come?????

lol

Got Blanc, got Jardim. Wave a huge paycheck. This is Utd...money solves the problem, even when signing managers.

Can't be we are so bad until no one wants to manage the club. There are still managers out there who will want to work and even sign for clubs in the lower division. If things don't work out, they can always expect the sack and a huge payout.

The mindset of thinking nobody would want to come and manage Utd is exactly the reason why the board is not sacking him and why we will continue to falter. It's like everyone has given up and just accepted the fate that the club is going downhill and doesn't care anymore.

JM doesn't care (to him Utd has damaged his reputation..hence he kept reminding everyone he won 3 titles), the players look like they don't care when the manager only cares about himself...no need to mention the Glazers (they only care about money)..the fans should start to care and make their voices heard. Next should be the sponsors. Start pulling out and hurt the club where it hurts the most for the people running the club, their bank statements.

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sack JM liao appoint who??

Zizou say not coming.
Conte say no, you want him meh?
Picco in spurs u think their botak chairman will let us have him?
Ask pep hey come over??
Or ask Giggs back? Later 3 match same results then the cycle repeat itself.
Or ask wengar yo bro wanna come?????

lol

sack die, don't sack also die

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
seriously did anyone expect united will end up in the current state when saf retired ?

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
oh god.

The board's wrongs does not equal to football on show.

Yes, I agree and fully mentioned that the board is wrong in several things as what you mentioned, but they are not responsible for the football on show. that's all im stating.

Yes the board signed up for a JM team, performances and tactics, but that doesn't mean the board is wrong that the team is now a "Mid-table club". The board is simply wrong in hiring "wrong managers", not the football on show.

you can say sarcastically if lingard cannot be messi blame JM, but what you all are saying (to me lah) if the club not winning games, blame the board, really?:s11:not the players, not JM and his tactics but the board?:s11::s11:

The players are playing shite, the manager is doing shite tactics I agree. But the board is definitely where the rot starts.

1. If the board/Ed has an idea what kind of football they want, they wouldn't hire JM. But they hired him anyway, so in a way, they decided what kind of football will be on show week in week out.

2. If all the board care is winning, therefore hiring JM, then they should back him all the way. JM will want to sign 29/30 years old players to bring instant success, it is his formula. But the board botched it and want resale value. Therefore, the board got a winning manager (who plays ugly football), but they don't give the manager the support to win us titles. So the manager can only make do with whatever he has on hand, and we ended up playing ugly and not winning anything. I agree we still should do better than we are now, but even doing better does not mean winning titles. It could get us to 2nd like last year, but we all know adding Dalot and Fred will not make us title contender suddenly. So the board is not helping at all here again. They chose the type of football on show, but fall short in supporting the manager to hit the main objective. So again the board is at fault for what is on show now.

3. The board/Ed come out and say on field result doesn't matter. When your big boss come out say your job performance doesn't matter, you will still get your fat paycheck and bonus, will you really put in 101% in your job? Yes, some will. Players no hunger on field? Wrong mindset/attitude? Yes JM at fault, but Ed is not helping in doing the unnecessary blah blah.

JM is a winning manager, he has proven it everywhere. The reason he failed in RM is not because he didn't win, but because winning was not enough, RM wanted to win beautifully. He won the league and cup there, but was sacked because his football is ugly. Di Maria, Modric, Varane, Ozil, Khedira, Pedro, Carvalho were his signings at RM, and in today's market, these players would cost a bomb. Are we ready to support him that way?

If we want pretty football, sack JM.
If we want victory over style, stop saying why sign 29/30 years old players or spend so much this and that. It is the ONLY way JM knows how to win.
There just isn't a world exist that where JM will play beauty football with 10 young outfield players doing tiki-taka and scoring 5-0 every game, not even in our wildest dream.

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously did anyone expect united will end up in the current state when saf retired ?

Yes, those people who were against the signing of JM suspected this would happen. Bobby Charlton being one of them. But the club wanted immediate success after DM and LVGs failures.

We got it in JM's first 2 seasons, we should move away from that thereafter and not have him stick around. We are just paying for that bad decision. And now nobody dares to make any decision to move the club forward.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
If Ed is smart enough, he should immediately hire a DoF, and discuss with the DoF on what to do with the team. He obviously knows nuts.

But at the same time, even with a DoF, we will need to spend a lot more to improve the squad (and also backroom staff or new manager). This will mean our profit will drop a lot or even no profit. And this is where we are screwed because Glazers only want profit and nothing else. Hence my view all along, we can sack JM, but it won't change anything, we will be mid-table.

apeape

Reaction score
here we go again with the transfers, then the counter argument of JM already signing potentially good players.... He even said it himself, all the young players have big potential, but no character or heart.

Also again, I dont see the point in blaming the board for the football on show. the board isn't going to change, they know nuts about football, they dont care so why bother. it does not affect how bad we are playing.

Im explicitly talking about football, on a pitch, with our current set of players. if you cant discuss about the football on display without reverting to your "blame the board" argument or your transfer whatnots, you will continue arguing until someone new comes along because you keep forcing senseless theories ("no balls") down our throat.

If you know so much about running a football club, then go run it. Cus I certainly dont, but i do know when the football is bad, and it is really bad at utd currently. And that's the only thing I've ever talked.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
here we go again with the transfers, then the counter argument of JM already signing potentially good players.... He even said it himself, all the young players have big potential, but no character or heart.

Im explicitly talking about football, on a pitch, with our current set of players. if you cant discuss about the football on display without reverting to your "blame the board" argument or your transfer whatnots, you will continue arguing until someone new comes along because you keep forcing senseless theories ("no balls") down our throat.

Don't be lead on the nose by the media; they obviously love to stir. What JM said was young players lack the character but he is willing to work with them to develop that. I agree he shouldn't say it publicly though, but that doesn't mean he is wrong in thinking that. Again, I am not defending him, I am stating facts.

The football on pitch with current set of players will continue to suck. There is no 2nd way out of it. So stop dreaming it will change under JM is my point. Just stop dreaming it will happen.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Or let me put it in another way - do you think with the current squad, but managed by Pep, we will be challenging for top spot?

If you think the answer is no, then why are you so against bringing in more players?

If you think the answer is yes, then we must be watching a different team.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's like the Red Devils made a deal with a bigger devil and traded his soul for instant success. The club got what they wanted, now the bigger devil is asking for payments. It's never gonna end well.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't be lead on the nose by the media; they obviously love to stir. What JM said was young players lack the character but he is willing to work with them to develop that. I agree he shouldn't say it publicly though, but that doesn't mean he is wrong in thinking that. Again, I am not defending him, I am stating facts.

The football on pitch with current set of players will continue to suck. There is no 2nd way out of it. So stop dreaming it will change under JM is my point. Just stop dreaming it will happen.
Really? He was willing to work with youngsters? Tell that to Frank Arnesen who worked with him at Chelsea.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Warning signs were there. He has a certain style of management where he has to make all the decisions, take some of that power away, and he'll start finding excuses. Does having a DOF or sugar daddy help him at Chelsea? Nope.

We can continue to sign a DOF but once JM doesn't agree with him, things will become worse.

TakKiu

Master Member
Reaction score
Some of yall are really fearmongers. Sg still around after LKY.

Man utd will still survive without Mourinho. I rather he get out soon rather than later. Let's bear with it, this will be his last season.

:spin:

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Really? He was willing to work with youngsters? Tell that to Frank Arnesen who worked with him at Chelsea.

How about go asking Balotelli, Morata, Varane, Cech, Terry, Robben, Deco, Mikel, Carvalho, Fabinho? All these players were below 23 when 1st started playing for JM. And you conveniently forgot Rashford played more than most senior players.

Media will always stir, that's how they sell papers/ads. They will be of course another long list of young players who don't make it under JM, but it is the same under SAF era isn't it. Not all young players will get a chance.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Warning signs were there. He has a certain style of management where he has to make all the decisions, take some of that power away, and he'll start finding excuses. Does having a DOF or sugar daddy help him at Chelsea? Nope.

We can continue to sign a DOF but once JM doesn't agree with him, things will become worse.

As I said, JM will not change. If the DoF and Ed don't agree with the style of JM, then it is very obvious JM must be sacked. I am not sure why some still think I am supporting JM. I am only stating facts that JM can only be successful under certain criteria, and if we not willing to meet those, sack him!

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some of yall are really fearmongers. Sg still around after LKY.

Man utd will still survive without Mourinho. I rather he get out soon rather than later. Let's bear with it, this will be his last season.

:spin:
That's the thing. The club will still be around with or without him. Don't get stuck in the mindset we can't survive without him or we are going to get worst.

The only consolation now is that we're still in UCL and FA Cup and we aren't as bad as Chelsea were in his 3rd season.
We should beat Young Boys at home tonight and have no problem qualifying to the next round.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure who is thinking MU will get worse by sacking JM?

I only believe we are equally bad, with or without JM, until Glazers willing to invest or decide to sell.

Mmonkey

Reaction score
Got Blanc, got Jardim. Wave a huge paycheck. This is Utd...money solves the problem, even when signing managers.

Can't be we are so bad until no one wants to manage the club. There are still managers out there who will want to work and even sign for clubs in the lower division. If things don't work out, they can always expect the sack and a huge payout.

The mindset of thinking nobody would want to come and manage Utd is exactly the reason why the board is not sacking him and why we will continue to falter. It's like everyone has given up and just accepted the fate that the club is going downhill and doesn't care anymore.

JM doesn't care (to him Utd has damaged his reputation..hence he kept reminding everyone he won 3 titles), the players look like they don't care when the manager only cares about himself...no need to mention the Glazers (they only care about money)..the fans should start to care and make their voices heard. Next should be the sponsors. Start pulling out and hurt the club where it hurts the most for the people running the club, their bank statements.

Good comment there! Totally agree with it !

apeape

Reaction score
If you think the answer is yes, then we must be watching a different team.

stop shooting yourself in the foot, yes of course you are watching a diff team under JM. you even said it yourself ("dream on about beautiful football") about how his tactics suck. you got watch world cup or national friendlys/comp? you know how different all our players play?

you ask people to agree to disagree but you are really shoving your theories down people throats. are you for real? you really believe i want to believe you against all the media stories? you selling the facts meh? dream on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.