Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, no one here has the proof why JM is better for Man Utd since the last I asked. Now I just wait for the day :o.....

no use arguing with people who think they are always right.

dont know where they get the facts re Woody and such when Rashford's flailing arms is there for everyone to see. :(

im dying for JM and his legion of supporters to prove me wrong

im more than willing to look like a fool come end of the season

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i mentioned earlier. ur points on Jose is valid. he is to be blamed for not being able to put out our team to win Brighton Derby Wolves convincingly. can't deny that.

if wanna talk about having players to compete on even grounds with teams like City, the club has failed badly for many years.

we can sack and maybe another manager will make us play better than what Jose is getting the team to now. we will win the brightons, the wolves etc..but i dare say its not going to make us challengers. as GNev said, we are far behind all these teams in all parts of the pitch. the team lacks quality to compete.
facing a mob here haha

it's painfully clear the club is struggling
why can't a supporter question what went wrong after so many disastrous results

not buying new players is the real reason? really?
seems like it's the general consensus here

we can't put team like brighton, derby, wolves away with our current group of players. need more worldclass players to beat them?

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
total rubbish analogy again

why would JM put names he do not want in the 1st place

and lets get real here. he didnt get any rubbish players
unless you are saying i give you LKK, sanchez, Pogba, matic, fred, bailly
now go out and give me 10th placing?

Don't flip prata, I did not say JM put names in he did not want.

Nor did I say he got rubbish players. The question is it enough to upgrade the team?

Let's look at the midfield from last season. Carrick retired and we bought in Fred. Is that strengthening? It's not. Because all you did was to replace a player who was already world class in his own right. Like I said, with one injury now you have to choose Fred or McTominay to be on the bench.

Likewise the same with defenders. Jose wanted a new defender, Ed says no. In truth for the most part of this season, Jose does not even have much of a choice in his centre back pairings because Rojo was injured during the World Cup and Jones got injured. (as always.)

So why did Jose need a new defender again? Go figure it out.

Why did Jose want Persisc or Willian? You saw it from the match day squad. Once Alexis is injured, Lingard becomes the starter :s13:

apeape

Reaction score

Yes me too, I remember yoryor said this as well. Better for the club, better for everyone.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure if you need to wait for the end of the season bro, you already look like a fool.

No one is saying JM is infallible. What we are saying is, has JM received the support to achieve the success that fans desire?

I think the answer is no.

Is there a consistent link in the problems through the post SAF era? I think the answer is yes.

xiaogin

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, but he always gets less than what he asked for. If I remember correctly, he asked for 5 but got 4. Second season and last season, he asked for 4 but got 3. We knew he asked for a RW and a LB for the longest time, but we stuck with Shaw and all sorts playing RW. Is Shaw that good? Well, he conceded our 1st goal last night. I guess we can live with him but you can tell he is not JM 1st choice for a long time. Is JM right? I dunno.

We've had our injury problems in attack rather defence this season. We've played more than 1 game with only 1 attacker on the bench. Only Rashford has been fit all season and he got a 3 match ban. Alexis, Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Mata and Lukaku have all been injured at some point. That means Mourinho has pretty much always had to make changes because of injuries rather than because he wanted to make some changes. But some here will sure say it's JM fault.
Ok fair enough that JM did not get the full range of players he wanted. Shaw just signed a new long term contract with us, Ed wanted him to stay that's why offer him a new contract? Ed wanted younger players who will have a resale value in future, then why go all out to sign Sanchez?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we have a lot of areas that need proper enforcement/strengthening.

take this season for example. just because Ed bought Fred and we spent 50m doesn't mean its job done, we can start challenging City.

apeape

Reaction score
talk and talk but no proof for what. show us why his tactics are masterclass, why his chosen players are the best. stop trolling just to get your points, fair or not, across.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only Ed can answer you why he did that, right?
and my guess is, bcos he want to sell Miki first. and only Arsenal want him.
and only way for Arsenal to buy Miki, they must sell Sanchez. hence........
Ed wanted younger players who will have a resale value in future, then why go all out to sign Sanchez?

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
we have a lot of areas that need proper enforcement/strengthening.

take this season for example. just because Ed bought Fred and we spent 50m doesn't mean its job done, we can start challenging City.

Like mentioned by others earlier, when we finished 19 points behind, we spent 50m to get Fred. Meanwhile, City being champion spent 68m to get Mahrez. And we now thrash talk JM for not able to beat Man City.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
talk and talk but no proof for what. show us why his tactics are masterclass, why his chosen players are the best. stop trolling just to get your points, fair or not, across.

Again, no one is saying JM has no fault, but sacking him doesn't solve anything.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
ya sack Woody and suddenly JM become SAF

Sacking Woody will not make JM become SAF. But sacking Woody (which means Glazers selling MU away) means it is the end of our darkness and the road to recovery.

Sacking JM simply means we recycling the problem from Moyes to LvG to JM to dunno who and having this debate again few years down the road.

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
JM needs to find his strongest eleven and just let them play freely. You can't be rotating your squad every game and hope they perform collectively. I agree that JM is a tactician but changing to suit your opponents should not be a top side game plan. Look at Man City, LVP, Chelsea, they don't change their first eleven unnecessarily.

This is one of his biggest problems.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't flip prata, I did not say JM put names in he did not want.

Nor did I say he got rubbish players. The question is it enough to upgrade the team?

Let's look at the midfield from last season. Carrick retired and we bought in Fred. Is that strengthening? It's not. Because all you did was to replace a player who was already world class in his own right. Like I said, with one injury now you have to choose Fred or McTominay to be on the bench.

Likewise the same with defenders. Jose wanted a new defender, Ed says no. In truth for the most part of this season, Jose does not even have much of a choice in his centre back pairings because Rojo was injured during the World Cup and Jones got injured. (as always.)

So why did Jose need a new defender again? Go figure it out.

Why did Jose want Persisc or Willian? You saw it from the match day squad. Once Alexis is injured, Lingard becomes the starter :s13:

yes my point is the list are the players JM wanted

whether he got 1, 2 or 3. it's the still his player.

it's not as though he was given players he doesnt want

and then you put out an analogy want 5, get 2 . what's the point of this?
the 2 is still your players. is that your whole argument that we didnt get all 5 so the team is in mid table now? :s11:

nothing is for certain in transfer period dude.
you have ur new players and add in your existing players and work with it.

as for lingard. he was one of the better players from last season so JM put his trust in him. he could have easily put mata or alexis.
alexis has been in and out of the team too.
i guess most fans think lingard is rubbish.

actually im in total agreement the team needs to strengthen especially in defensive areas

but then nobody can be happy when they see how the team is playing on the pitch right?
how is it possible our team cannot put lower sides away, even to the point of going defensive against them.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
because u need more den just those 2 to fix the problems u identified ALL OVER the squad?

wanna take a look at how many first team players Pep bought since taking over, even know he is still using the more established players in the squad?

apeape

Reaction score
because u need more den just those 2 to fix the problems u identified ALL OVER the squad?

wanna take a look at how many first team players Pep bought since taking over, even know he is still using the more established players in the squad?

please do :)

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you need to wait for the end of the season bro, you already look like a fool.

No one is saying JM is infallible. What we are saying is, has JM received the support to achieve the success that fans desire?

I think the answer is no.

Is there a consistent link in the problems through the post SAF era? I think the answer is yes.

to you and the rest i might be

to me you are just defending him blindly

to each it's own i guess

and yes i think he's been given full support for the 1st 2 seasons
and this season's transfer period might not be up to supporters expectations
suck it up and work with the group of players you got
and prove doubters why you the best coach

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jose signs Fred yet doesn't use him. This is very odd. 50m sits on the bench and he cannot get into the side without an injured Paul Pogba

A 50m player should be absolutely ready to come into the first team and play. Otherwise i dunno why and what he was bought for. He didn't play bad at all in his few appearances then was suddenly frozen out. Same thing happened to Mkhi iirc

Won't be surprised if Ed doesn't give any more money for Jose to spend, until he sorts out his own signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.