Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeape

Reaction score
I thought I made it very clear what I thought are LKK’s capabilities, what he can do and what he can’t do.

LKK is not a striker who dummies or dribbles. The only one thing he really does is to score, so when he doesn’t score he’s not adding anything to the game.

If he scores, all seems fine. But when he doesn’t score, it’s a problem because he doesn’t contribute to the team play otherwise.

Before the season started, was there evidence to shoe that LKK can score for United? I think the answer is yes. But of course at this point in time we don’t feel that way because he can’t even shoot at goal properly.

Before, he can score.

Now, JM looks like deploying him with 3 tasks; score, hold up play, and run at defence. is he doing any of them? no.

Yes if he scores, all ok. if he doesnt? we dont need another deadwood doing walkabout.

What Im trying to say/mean is we need a striker that can score and at least help the team out instead of blaming the team for not adapting to his play

apeape

Reaction score
out of all the players i pity is DDG. He must be wondering now if he should've decided to go to Madrid :(

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will like to see chicharito return. definitely better than lukaku. utd should have bought icardi instead of lukaku.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Our squad is so weak now that I don't believe buying a new striker or a new midfield, or a new defender can solve the problem. There is just too many deadwood. I respect the old guards but look at how ruthless SAF was with the old guards. We used to have a strong skeleton from back to front. Back the current team, where is our skeleton?

apeape

Reaction score
Our squad is so weak now that I don't believe buying a new striker or a new midfield, or a new defender can solve the problem. There is just too many deadwood. I respect the old guards but look at how ruthless SAF was with the old guards. We used to have a strong skeleton from back to front. Back the current team, where is our skeleton?

the skeleton, by the consensus of those pro JM, is inside Woodward's wallet.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before, he can score.

Now, JM looks like deploying him with 3 tasks; score, hold up play, and run at defence. is he doing any of them? no.

Yes if he scores, all ok. if he doesnt? we dont need another deadwood doing walkabout.

What Im trying to say/mean is we need a striker that can score and at least help the team out instead of blaming the team for not adapting to his play

At this point in time, not even sure if LKK can score from
an open goal.

If LKK is to be benched, I think Alexis should lead the front line then.

It’s really insane to expect Rashford to step up and be the answer right now.

apeape

Reaction score
lol, he already missed an open goal in the Tottenham game.

For me its insane to ask Alexis to lead, because he HAS to lead with that enormous wage. but he's doing nowt as well..

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MarcusR will benefit from this stress though. If we can bear with it for 2 years, he will be our main striker by the time he's 23.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LKK can be our version of Giroud...not scoring goals, but his first touch and awareness is pretty poor, so there's no way he will draw players to him to allow the other players like Martial/Rashford to score.

IF you noticed, the team and players have also stopped providing the passes that take advantage of his strength. LKK needs the ball to be fed in a certain manner for him to be effective. The only players that can do that are Pogba, Mata and Miki (in the past). Watch how the other players assisted him during LKK's goal scoring runs last season.

The other young players are all aiming to score the goals themselves...or crossed the ball to LKK in a manner which is difficult for him to control (cos of his lack of technique). When you add in his low confidence and dreadful form now, its no wonder he can't score. Since the team is already comfortable with their current approach to getting goals, they wouldn't want to change it to accommodate to LKK's style of play and risk him wasting the chances they provide to him.

The players too have fallen into the mentality of not wanting to take risks when it involves him. They would rather try and do it on their own or pass to the other players they trust more even if its not working. Just too bad for LKK his days at Utd are almost up. Another player to add to the growing list of transfer failures.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
poor lkk, sanchez

every week needs to be scrutinised by the press. luckily the paycheck manage to give them some comfort.....lots of comfort.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
poor lkk, sanchez

every week needs to be scrutinised by the press. luckily the paycheck manage to give them some comfort.....lots of comfort.

With high wages/transfer fees comes great responsibility to perform week in and out.

apeape

Reaction score
i mean where else can it be? you guys cant believe in the players and the board. Take money from Woody buy Perisic suddenly LKK can become RvP? buy Alderweirald/mcguire so Smalling/lindelof/bailly can become vidic or ferdinand? you sure?

For me its never the players (except for a few lah haha) because they are the workers who just follow orders.

its never the board because they dont know anything about football, they just provide the money. Yes I understand Woody has not been trusting JM with cash to spend, because why would he? tell me would he? you all for sure know why.

Dont want to state the obvious why Im Anti-JM, but look at where we are now. We are starting to look like other rival clubs in their darker days. Heck we are bickering like those on Arsenal TV haha. lets not even start about tactics or first 11, because everyone is wrong including me. we know nothing. but one thing is for sure is the current tactics make Man Utd look bad, and proof is in the pudding if you look at the Table.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
i mean where else can it be? you guys cant believe in the players and the board. Take money from Woody buy Perisic suddenly LKK can become RvP? buy Alderweirald/mcguire so Smalling/lindelof/bailly can become vidic or ferdinand? you sure?

For me its never the players (except for a few lah haha) because they are the workers who just follow orders.

its never the board because they dont know anything about football, they just provide the money. Yes I understand Woody has not been trusting JM with cash to spend, because why would he? tell me would he? you all for sure know why.

Dont want to state the obvious why Im Anti-JM, but look at where we are now. We are starting to look like other rival clubs in their darker days. Heck we are bickering like those on Arsenal TV haha. lets not even start about tactics or first 11, because everyone is wrong including me. we know nothing. but one thing is for sure is the current tactics make Man Utd look bad, and proof is in the pudding if you look at the Table.

This, my friend, is where the problem is. As much as some may hate LvG, he is absolutely correct here.

Van Gaal: "Man Utd who I last coached is a commercial club. Totally different to Bayern. The bosses, like Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness are former players who know what they are talking about. Football is the most important thing, not money like it is at United."

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
I am not JM supporter, I support whoever is the manager. Tomorrow if JM is gone, I won't be supporting JM anymore.

But what you guys refuse to accept is you refuse to see beyond JM. You think removing JM means we will be smooth sailing and on an upward trend. However, there are so many evidence that Ed and Board are undermining Utd managers, they have no clue how to run the club.

And I said before, JM will always play like JM, he won't be playing attacking football. One who doesn't like spicy food will not suddenly enjoy eating chilli. If Ed thinks that is a problem, why not sack JM? Why extend JM's contract? And if he extends JM's contract, why refuse to back him in the transfers? If Ed doesn't believe in JM's transfer target, then he should sack JM, not extend him his contract. All these only shows Ed has no clue what he wants or has no interest in what happens on the field.

So if Ed has no clue how to run the club, what hope other managers will have in getting us successful? This is my main concern, not pro or anti JM.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This, my friend, is where the problem is. As much as some may hate LvG, he is absolutely correct here.

Van Gaal: "Man Utd who I last coached is a commercial club. Totally different to Bayern. The bosses, like Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness are former players who know what they are talking about. Football is the most important thing, not money like it is at United."

Will he say the same thing about City, Chelsea if their bosses are not former players/football people?

Are we like the only club in the UCL that has no football people in the board?

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Will he say the same thing about City, Chelsea if their bosses are not former players/football people?

Are we like the only club in the UCL that has no football people in the board?

We are not, but we are the only club that cares most about money. You look at Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, BM, RM, Barca, PSG, Juve, which team put money in front of football interest?

When you put money in front, like Arsenal when they moved stadium and like Tottenham now when they have no more money, that's where the team suffer. I am not saying we should go all crazy and become the next Leeds, but our financial strength is definitely sufficient to support the managers (not just JM but the previous one and the future one too), but I don't see it happening. It will always be "You ask five I give 2 or 3, take it and go".

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Problem is no other CEO/Chairman would say "what happens on the footballing pitch does not affect the club's commercial success".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.