Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeape

Reaction score
i focus on what we got cos because transfer period is over.
obviously i hope we get more players in but we didnt
what can we do? keep whining no new players or try to work with what we have

no club can radically change the entire squad over night right

look at chelsea. they got a new manager and they didnt buy many also.
but the main spine of the team are still the old players
and how is it that JM almost relegated the team and conte comes in and win the title with the same group of players?

same as arsenal, struggling for years with more or less the same squad.
everyone is laughing at them for years
new manager comes in with new ideas, and buy a couple of players only

spurs i dont think they even spent a single cent this transfer period? can you explain why we can beat them last season and even finish above them and then this season we got thrashed 0-3 by them this season by the exact same spurs players when they didnt spent money?
they got better players than ours? i really dont think so. they are just consistent in beating those below them all the while to be in the top 4 but they usually lose to the bigger teams

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it's really how to set up the team before every game and get our players to play to their real abilities
players like alexis, pogba, fred, matic, mata and others are champions in their own right vs those in pool,arsenal and spurs who won nothing at all. how do you even determine they are better than ours.
your impression of them as average players are way off the mark
a Real madrid or Bayern team struggling in 5th/6th in the league this season does not mean they have lousy average players suddenly.

i think the realistic expectation is incremental purchases.
bring in new players to improve the squad like what liverpool did. they have been bringing in players in key positions over the past transfer periods and actually sticking with them.

how about our recent purchases? got any of them improve the team?
all came with big money and big reputations
and why would you just bought a player for 50m pounds and then not use him when your other key midfielder is out injured
i dont want to put hate on matic but even JM's most trusted player is not doing a proper job for him this season

wow nice... proof is there to be seen, but people still will blame Woody for everything. Blame Woody that we are not in second in the EPL. Blame woody we lost to sevilla.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More like most of us agree that the many parts of the club needs some correction/improvement, whether it's the players, manager, or the CEO. But some just wanna pin everything on JoseM?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no la the board thinks that from what we achieved last year
this year only need;
1. Fred to "replace" Carrick who wasn't playing much
2. Dalot who is here to deputy/learn
3. Grant to be 3rd choice spare

just these 3 we are good enough to fight with teams like City Chelsea who have massively strengthen in all departments over the years.
its not about how much X dollars we spent vs the rest, is whether after spending, did we strengthen just like they did.
players like Aguero Hazard, hard to replace just because they old.
but Young Valencia Smalling and even makeshift winger like Mata Lingard hard to get replacement?
We do not have a gd RB.
We do not have a gd CD.

But the board think otherwise cause as long as have a RB and CD, we are good to go.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
46202205_10156413973329821_7862537285776965632_o.jpg

apeape

Reaction score
More like most of us agree that the many parts of the club needs some correction/improvement, whether it's the players, manager, or the CEO. But some just wanna pin everything on JoseM?

More like we want to talk about the football side. the business side you all can decide, cus i dont want to bicker on someone who knows nothing about football.

is as if you all are blaming woody for LKK missed open goal against spurs when you talk about "the whole club". it does not correlate to me.

Last edited:

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow nice... proof is there to be seen, but people still will blame Woody for everything. Blame Woody that we are not in second in the EPL. Blame woody we lost to sevilla.

I can understand the hate from some people against woody because on the surface he didn’t buy 5 new players for our manager

But I would give him the benefit of doubt that he did try his best to buy. Because his past records did show he supported by spending a lot on new players. If we go few transfer windows with little signings then it’s more justified to question

And I think a big problem in transfer window was that Neymar transfer fee. And once players are linked to us. The price inflated tremendously. A player costing 25m a few years ago can cost 80m now.
And like I have said b4 there are so many factors in transfers. Would someone like Varane or bale want to come even if we offer 100m? 150m?

Wasn’t it not very long ago when people are praising woody for getting di Maria, Depay, Falcao, Bastian etc ? Look how they turned out.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hard to say
its usually very difficult to buy players during the jan transfer period

but with the calibre of players under him now. we should be pushing for top 4. not midtable

in case you are not sure, quite a few of our players are league title winning players from various clubs
he have experienced players who won titles before and a bunch of talent young players to work with so there's no reason why he cannot get into top 4

You look at the table now & decide whether Man Utd is capable of getting into the top 4 at the end of the season. Maybe possible if able to win the rest of the games until end of Dec.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
no club can radically change the entire squad over night right
I agree, if you see my previous post, we didn't even replace what we lost, so don't talk about change. We are at a net loss position in terms of players lost.

look at chelsea. they got a new manager and they didnt buy many also.
but the main spine of the team are still the old players
and how is it that JM almost relegated the team and conte comes in and win the title with the same group of players?

I think you have bad memory. They spent €137m this year, €260m last year. 12 players brought in in 2 seasons compared to 10 in 3 for us. If this is not buying many, what is?

same as arsenal, struggling for years with more or less the same squad.
everyone is laughing at them for years
new manager comes in with new ideas, and buy a couple of players only
They spent €79m this year on 4 players, not a couple. They spent €152m last year on 4 players. Again, don't blah blah without facts please.

spurs i dont think they even spent a single cent this transfer period? can you explain why we can beat them last season and even finish above them and then this season we got thrashed 0-3 by them this season by the exact same spurs players when they didnt spent money?
they got better players than ours? i really dont think so. they are just consistent in beating those below them all the while to be in the top 4 but they usually lose to the bigger teams
Finally, you are right for once that Spurs didn't spend a single cent this season. But guess what, they spent €121m last year.
Talk about top 6 result, in 2016 season, Spurs won 4 drew 3 lost 4, only bettered by Chelsea and Liverpool. We were 2 won 4 drew 4 lost then.
In 2017 season, They were 4 won 1 drew 5 lost and again 3rd in the mini league among top 6. So no, they don't crash against top 6 very often like you think they do.

i think the realistic expectation is incremental purchases.
bring in new players to improve the squad like what liverpool did. they have been bringing in players in key positions over the past transfer periods and actually sticking with them.
So whose fault if we don't stick to the players we have? Moyes bought some, sold some. LvG bought some, sold a lot of old team. JM bought some, sold a lot of old team. Can Moyes tell LvG, or can LvG tell JM, don't sell the existing players, stick with them? Can JM tell the new manager, don't sell LKK, Matic, etc, stick with them? If Ed decides to bring in diff style of managers all the time, how to stick with the same set of players? And are you sure JM has a say on who to buy or sell? Because if he has, then we would have Perisic by now, we would have sold Darmian by now.

how about our recent purchases? got any of them improve the team?
all came with big money and big reputations
and why would you just bought a player for 50m pounds and then not use him when your other key midfielder is out injured
i dont want to put hate on matic but even JM's most trusted player is not doing a proper job for him this season
Improve what team? We didn't even invest enough to replenish what were lost. What improving we talking? Sure, if JM is at fault, sack him. Put you as the new manager, how many more players you need to improve the team? Don't forget Ed will tell you 5 is too many, take 2 and go. What can you do then?

Continue flip prata on your theories and facts.

apeape

Reaction score
I agree, if you see my previous post, we didn't even replace what we lost, so don't talk about change. We are at a net loss position in terms of players lost.

I think you have bad memory. They spent €137m this year, €260m last year. 12 players brought in in 2 seasons compared to 10 in 3 for us. If this is not buying many, what is?

They spent €79m this year on 4 players, not a couple. They spent €152m last year on 4 players. Again, don't blah blah without facts please.

Finally, you are right for once that Spurs didn't spend a single cent this season. But guess what, they spent €121m last year.
Talk about top 6 result, in 2016 season, Spurs won 4 drew 3 lost 4, only bettered by Chelsea and Liverpool. We were 2 won 4 drew 4 lost then.
In 2017 season, They were 4 won 1 drew 5 lost and again 3rd in the mini league among top 6. So no, they don't crash against top 6 very often like you think they do.

So whose fault if we don't stick to the players we have? Moyes bought some, sold some. LvG bought some, sold a lot of old team. JM bought some, sold a lot of old team. Can Moyes tell LvG, or can LvG tell JM, don't sell the existing players, stick with them? Can JM tell the new manager, don't sell LKK, Matic, etc, stick with them? If Ed decides to bring in diff style of managers all the time, how to stick with the same set of players? And are you sure JM has a say on who to buy or sell? Because if he has, then we would have Perisic by now, we would have sold Darmian by now.

Improve what team? We didn't even invest enough to replenish what were lost. What improving we talking? Sure, if JM is at fault, sack him. Put you as the new manager, how many more players you need to improve the team? Don't forget Ed will tell you 5 is too many, take 2 and go. What can you do then?

Continue flip prata on your theories and facts.

simple, the table is there for you to see. his facts wrong, your facts may also be wrong. in fact who cares? but the table and the football definately does not lie; we are going down if nothing incredible happens.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
but the table and the football definately does not lie; we are going down if nothing incredible happens.

Exactly. Who can make that happens? JM? Ed?

Table says we are #8 now, so stop saying we are top 4. As whether we can get into top 4 come May, we will see. I say no, regardless if we sack JM or not.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JM can and should have done better with the current squad than whining about players we didn't get in summer.

Losing to teams such as Spurs, Brighton, West Ham and Derby with a negative goal difference in the league is inexcusable. At the very least we should have drawn in some of those matches but we didn't because of our lack or firepower.

Anyway its too late to save the season now unless by some miracle we win the UCL/Europa/FA Cup. Just gotta wait till January to see if he's still around and or we managed to get some good transfers. Meanwhile just accept whatever results come our way till the end of the year.

We're lucky we have still not had any major injury crisis in any department until we have problems even filling the subs bench.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score

Yes, everything is JM fault to some. Even asked me to replace Pogba to help the team. Ignoring facts, say not important, argue until nothing to argue. :s22::s22:

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You look at the table now & decide whether Man Utd is capable of getting into the top 4 at the end of the season. Maybe possible if able to win the rest of the games until end of Dec.

actually very difficult if things goes the way it is
that's why im questioning how and why are we struggling so badly this season.
but the season is long. like you said. lets see in dec

if you ask me. i point to the manager and the players mostly
not because the players low skills but more on motivation/tactics
and not the reason that we didnt have new players.
after all we can only put 11 on the pitch at one given time

im fine with discussing further

but dont abuse me like the raging guy who cannot accept others opinion

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
JM can and should have done better with the current squad than whining about players we didn't get in summer.

Losing to teams such as Spurs, Brighton, West Ham and Derby with a negative goal difference in the league is inexcusable. At the very least we should have drawn in some of those matches but we didn't because of our lack or firepower.

Anyway its too late to save the season now unless by some miracle we win the UCL/Europa/FA Cup. Just gotta wait till January to see if he's still around and or we managed to get some good transfers. Meanwhile just accept whatever results come our way till the end of the year.

We're lucky we have still not had any major injury crisis in any department until we have problems even filling the subs bench.

Miracle is what we need indeed.

apeape

Reaction score
yalor blame woody for pogba's misplaced pass or Bailly defensive errors like that lah. Sack Woody, JM can be SAF. All the players not fantastic enough mah, i think you play better what since you know facts :o

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, everything is JM fault to some. Even asked me to replace Pogba to help the team. Ignoring facts, say not important, argue until nothing to argue. :s22::s22:

we can discuss 100 pages and cannot agree la

we agree to disagree
thats what supporters forum is all about
everyone got their own opinions on the state of things now

theres no way i can convince you and likewise

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Miracle is what we need indeed.

who knows, this international break, the top 4 teams all have major injury crisis to their key players causing them to drop points.

since we can't depend on our own team to win games even with our strongest line up, we can only hope the worse to happen to teams above us. :s13::s13::s13:

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
yalor blame woody for pogba's misplaced pass or Bailly defensive errors like that lah. Sack Woody, JM can be SAF. All the players not fantastic enough mah, i think you play better what since you know facts :o

So Pogba misplaced pass and Bailly errors are JM problem? Shaw fall asleep in game is JM problem? Pogba missed penalty or injured in training is JM problem?

If don't argue based on facts, then argue based on what you tell me? Act like an adult at least. I may not be always right, but I at least accept facts.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
we can discuss 100 pages and cannot agree la

we agree to disagree
thats what supporters forum is all about
everyone got their own opinions on the state of things now

theres no way i can convince you and likewise

Yup, I agree to disagree. You can only convince me by not flipping prata and shifting the goal posts, which you can't. Let's end it here. End of day, I agree with you that we both want to see a better MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.