Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmonkey

Reaction score
I think most of overlooked the appointment of Mike Phelan, back into the fold. He was Alex Ferguson's right hand man.

His years of experiences at this club would be a great help to OGS.

:vijayadmin:

Agreed. He will be able to implement the Man Utd way of football!

apeape

Reaction score
i seriously dont get how Pog's antics off the pitch affects his performance on it and why people and the media and the legends feel the need to take a dig at it. if it does affect, shouldn't he be happy and bouncing about on the pitch, like his dancing videos, instead of the draggy, mindless displays he is showing? doesn't that tell you anything?

I really hope OGS will bring his positivity off the pitch, onto the pitch

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Breaking news: Carrick, who has been our manager for less than 24 hours, the first thing he did as manager was to take Pogba to task.

Pogba had shouted that Mourinho had f**ked with the wrong ball on the first training session without JM.
He can **** off to PSG or Barcelona. Useless piece of sh.it on the pitch.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. New managers esp those at existing clubs, they will negotiate for release, take leave, come back prep for preseason to see the squad and by the time want to buy players almost end of trsf window n it will be mad rush for us to spam money buy players or miss out on players cos of different in valuations.

This scene happened a few times before across different clubs.

Getting the right DoF in is priority.
And I would rather the management and DoF take time select the right manager/head coach this time. The right match for the club, for the team, rather than based on past achievements.

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he has "absolutely no doubt" he'll build his team around Paul Pogba, whom he described as a 'great kid' despite the midfielder's recent criticism from fans.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solskjaer, who was United's reserves coach during Pogba's first spell at the club, believes the 25-year-old is an essential member of the current squad.

"I would [build the team around him], absolutely no doubt. I had him with David [Gray] and Etzaz [Hussain] who is playing for me tomorrow," said Solskjaer, with the Molde boss speaking ahead of their Europa League qualifier at Hibernian on Thursday.

"That just shows how far the kid has come. Paul is a fantastic kid so hopefully we can build the team around him and keep him."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...d-keep-paul-pogba-and-build-around-midfielder

This is back in Aug 2018, before EPL started.

Doomsday

Reaction score
I believe to be able to play exceptionally well at the professional level, you need to be disciplined on and off the pitch. Hence, if you play a fool and spend much time on non-football matters, especially during the season, it will affect your on-pitch performance. Hence, Pogba’s marked decline after the World Cup.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its pretty much the same with Beckham

Fergie doesnt like his celebrity lifestyle even thou beckham was one of the top performers week in week out

So will fergie tolerate Pogba antic ? Probably not

Pogba is not even consistent at all

apeape

Reaction score
I believe everyone should have the right to behave/speak they way they'd like off the pitch. This is football anyways, not the army... just dont do an Adam Johnson.

It sounds most people are deeply affected by his lifestyle only, and because his football is currently sh*te and with mou gone, everyone's emptying the ammo on him. I believe if he was absolute brilliant in his game, none of this would happen, even with his off the pitch antics

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Its pretty much the same with Beckham

Fergie doesnt like his celebrity lifestyle even thou beckham was one of the top performers week in week out

So will fergie tolerate Pogba antic ? Probably not

Pogba is not even consistent at all

In Beckham time, he was an exception. Lifestyle wise. Today, Pogba is almost like a norm. Time is different. #justsaying

But I agree that if he is really interested to be the best and have an actual shot at best footballer award, he should look up to how Luka Mordric did it. The grit, wit, not the constant attempts at take ons against 3 people that only looks good when successful and looks bad when failed.

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe everyone should have the right to behave/speak they way they'd like off the pitch. This is football anyways, not the army... just dont do an Adam Johnson.

It sounds most people are deeply affected by his lifestyle only, and because his football is currently sh*te and with mou gone, everyone's emptying the ammo on him. I believe if he was absolute brilliant in his game, none of this would happen, even with his off the pitch antics

If Griezman is off form, sure people will shoot him also, basketball champion rings for France team, playing bball is it?

Pogba needs to keep it simple.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when the team wasn't doing well, Memphis was complained by fans he shouldn't drive his car to training.

why should it be any different with Pogba

Doomsday

Reaction score
I’ve not seen any top professional player in recent years having similar off-the-field behavior like Pogba, yet able to perform consistently well.

apeape

Reaction score
couple of dances with his colleagues, change of hairtstyle, that's not normal? i thought you said that is the current norm?

apeape

Reaction score
I’ve not seen any top professional player in recent years having similar off-the-field behavior like Pogba, yet able to perform consistently well.

Neymar? Dani Alves? in fact the whole Brazil team? dancing about, hairstyle change etc etc.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowadays the performance(of getting likes, retweets, trending tags) on insta is more important because it sells. esp if they come out with their own label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.