Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MANCHESTER UNITED were the only team in the Premier League not to use GPS after Jose Mourinho scrapped use of the technology.

GPS is widely used to track the physical performance of players, providing data such as distance covered, number of sprints and top speeds. This is regarded as being important in assessing the fitness of players and monitoring their training.

It is widely used at first team and even Academy level by top clubs and one Premier League practitioner has described the distinctive GPS vests as being “as much a part of the modern player's kit as their shin pads and boots”.

However, Mourinho stopped using GPS at first team level soon after he arrived at Old Trafford in May 2016. This was largely at the behest of his long-time assistant Rui Faria, who had ultimate responsibility for the fitness of the players.

Faria left at the end of last season though and was replaced by Stefan Rapetti, who started to re-introduce GPS this season. Throughout Mourinho's time at the club, United had a contract with Irish GPS firm STATSports, who also supply the England national team, but the technology was used only at Under-23 and Academy level for the majority of the time that the Portuguese was manager.

Mourinho preferred his fitness staff to monitor fitness and load using intuition rather than data.

GPS was first introduced at United by former Head of Performance Tony Strudwick during the reign of Sir Alex Ferguson and continued under David Moyes and Louis van Gaal.

The tech will now return under caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who was an enthusiastic client in his full-time role at Molde.

He said: “I think it is a great tool for physical coaches and for me as a manager to set parameters on the physical work we do during the week.

“Obviously we have physical measurements after the games and after that we plan next week’s training again. Getting all the little details you think you can see but don’t really know.

“All the facts we need, and all the data we get, is really useful in the planning of weekly and monthly training sessions.”

http://trainingground.guru/articles/man-utd-the-only-team-not-to-use-gps-under-mourinho

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will never make sense to purchase anyone during an interim boss without a DoF making sure this is the direction the club wants to head

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Later suddenly boom new signings announced

U see it here first :crazy:

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope Solskjaer drop Ashley Young in the next game. He was left exposed so many times yesterday because he was so high up and couldn't track back the pace. Cardiff was attacking his flank so much more than Luke Shaw's side. His corners as usual couldn't even beat the first defender. :s22:

Other than that, was generally satisfied with the rest of the squad players' performance.

valencia or dalot?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 25-year-old spoke about Mourinho for the first time after the match - per the Press Association's Simon Peach - and made some comments that may come as a surprise to fans.

"We won trophies with Jose and I want to thank him for that,” Pogba said.

“We work even if not everything went well. But things went well and we won trophies."

“He makes me improve, as a person as well and that's it."

He added: “That's the past, I want to thank him for that. I'm sure all the players are now looking to the next game, the points, and we have to go back into and we want to go back to the top of the league.

“That's all I want to say. The performance of the team was great"

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come home Great Dane!

IBGs9fr.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46662963

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-mourinho-for-helping-him-improve-as-a-person

"I know you're waiting for something about Jose, about the result today. Obviously, we are very happy with the result. We played well, the performance of the team was great and I know you want to ask me but, 'Oh yeah with Jose...'

"With Jose, we won trophies and I want to thank him for that. Not everything worked well but things went well, we won trophies. Winning trophies makes you improve as a person as well and that's it. That's the past. I want to thank him for that.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hope Solskjaer drop Ashley Young in the next game. He was left exposed so many times yesterday because he was so high up and couldn't track back the pace. Cardiff was attacking his flank so much more than Luke Shaw's side. His corners as usual couldn't even beat the first defender. :s22:

Other than that, was generally satisfied with the rest of the squad players' performance.

young is not "young" anymore.. time for him to go. he still at the club cos he is english ?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In JM’s PR man Duncan Castle’s article, he said after loss to Liverpool, one player who was regularly picked by JM called Ed and said “JM should leave”.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its not about experience. Its about the heart to do the right thing for the club

Even G.Nev ruled himself out in a skysports interview. Reason was he's not good enough, need someone who knows this role and been there at the top.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope. that wont work out as a DoF. not that simple role. u need influence and connections also because u are responsible for transfers and negotiating contracts
Its not about experience. Its about the heart to do the right thing for the club

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess Mourinho wasn't too pleased with the defense so he tried to compensate it by sitting deeper lines ?

It's not really a big tactics issue

It's alot of small details that didn't sort out

Will be interesting to see how we play against stronger team now with better attacking players

We might get punished for playing a high line

“Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.
Focus on your character, not your reputation.
Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes.”

Our defence is our weakness whereas our strength lies in our attack...too bad JM focuses too much on our weaknesses, his reputation (not the club) and his misfortunes.

By playing to our weaknesses, it puts more pressure on the defense as we are inviting the opponents to keep piling on the attack, thus causing our defensive players to make more mistakes. I believe Matic and our CBs can play better now if our opponents are limited to counter attacks as they would be pushing lesser players forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.