Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mag and AWB was good. I believe AWB is our best buy in recent years. It's a joy to watch him play. If we keep it this way and they both can remain injure free, i believe it's bye bye to either smalling or jone or rojo this coming jan.

Yesterday Smalling & Jones can't make it to the bench. Tuanzebe is ahead of them. This season Man Utd got 3 defenders (Maguire, AWB & Tuanzebe back from loan). When a player returns from loan & either in the 1st team or bench it is almost same as getting a new player.

Last edited:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Axel Tuanzebe lifts lid on "in-house" meeting with Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Tuanzebe revealed he had met with Solskjaer and members of the Old Trafford backroom staff while deciding whether to stay at the club or head back to Villa, or elsewhere, on loan.

There had been plenty of interest but the 21-year-old is determined to stake his claim at United.

"There are always different pathways, but we had an in-house meeting with the manager and the coaching staff, and we decided it was best to stay here and continue my development here," he added.

"I have always wanted to play for Man United and, especially this time around, it is a good time to stay and fight, because I think the manager is really looking to introduce new energy to the squad so it is the perfect opportunity to take.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...hester-united-tuanzebe-transfer-news-16733455

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
That Emerson was so up last night, if AWB lacked the discipline to stay back and trust his team to attack, Emerson could probably have a few more go at our goal.

Personally I see AP n JL told to do the dirty work last night together with Martial n Rashford. Keep closing Chelsea defenders and Jorginho.. Which is why when there's a turnover by Chelsea, both are always behind the ball unable to help defend.

Rashford took his both shot at goal very well... Penalty was struck with venom almost top corner.. 2nd goal was calm n compose, slotted it into the corner out of Kepa reach. James got lucky. Martial show he can poach a goal with 1 touch! Nice!

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope AWB stays fit whole season. so full of energy and a joy to watch him tackle left right center lol.

Our mids still poor. our defence carrying the team. Shaw positioning sense still poor.

Last edited:

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Jose talks makes the rest look like amateurs :s13:
Watch him talk about Jamie uncle Rafa :s13:

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Fantastic result! I believe no one ever predicted this scoreline. Few issues we will have to face moving forward:

- LB Luke Shaw is our weakest link in defence; if I am opposing team, I will focus my attack on him. But because of other priorities, I'm afraid we are going to see him (or Young) for a long time in that position.

- Pogba was good in the second half. But immediately after the game, he hinted he wants to leave. No matter how good a player is, if his heart is not with us, I believe he is not right for us, just like Di Maria, just like Dybala. He said he will give it all when on the pitch, but off the pitch will he create negative influence? Time will tell. Anyway, even if we don't sell him this year, he will be gone next year. We will know in a month's time.

- Weak bench. We have Tuan, Greenwood, Mata, Young and likes on the bench. If any of the key players get an injury, we are in trouble.

Anyway, no one will turn away a win, especially 4-0 against one of our top 4 spot rivals, kudos to the team who played. May luck be with us.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That Emerson was so up last night, if AWB lacked the discipline to stay back and trust his team to attack, Emerson could probably have a few more go at our goal.

Personally I see AP n JL told to do the dirty work last night together with Martial n Rashford. Keep closing Chelsea defenders and Jorginho.. Which is why when there's a turnover by Chelsea, both are always behind the ball unable to help defend.

Rashford took his both shot at goal very well... Penalty was struck with venom almost top corner.. 2nd goal was calm n compose, slotted it into the corner out of Kepa reach. James got lucky. Martial show he can poach a goal with 1 touch! Nice!

Swap Luke Shaw with Emerson
Our defending and attacking will be one step ahead

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Swap Luke Shaw with Emerson
Our defending and attacking will be one step ahead

Emerson was Chelsea most problematic one for our defense, but also in a manner who gave up the space for us to attack.

Really like the idea of having more man in midfield to attack their ball players then absorbing pressure and counter...

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emerson was Chelsea most problematic one for our defense, but also in a manner who gave up the space for us to attack.

Really like the idea of having more man in midfield to attack their ball players then absorbing pressure and counter...

Thats true they are playing one man on the width.
No one can do 2 things at one go

Good start to the whole Man Utd club
First team won 4-0
Under-23 won 5-0
Under-18 won 3-0

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow Jose see MU trophyless this season
Say so openly no wonder even my Pogba dun want play well for him last time

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow Jose see MU trophyless this season
Say so openly no wonder even my Pogba dun want play well for him last time

Cannot win league

Dun have the squad depth for cup matches

I see no wrong with this prediction :o

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jose Mourinho hails 'rock' Harry Maguire after Man United win

Maguire made more interceptions, tackles and blocks than any other player on the pitch and Mourinho believes his presence could be a regular game-changer for his team-mates.

"You can be very dangerous in attack but if you feel that a mistake is around the corner it takes your confidence away and you don't play as well. When you feel there is something that allows you to play you are much more confident.

"As I always said Lindelof can be a very good player. With Maguire it can be a very good partnership."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...hails-rock-harry-maguire-after-man-united-win

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Odd, its matchday but cracker isnt here.

lol
stucked in the jam at JB last night till this morning.
luckily BBC has revamped their sports coverage, hence able to hear the full match commentary! hmmm lots of good memories.

saw the goals highlight...
yeah things would been different if Chelsea had converted those opportunities.
very poor first half by Ole team...

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 team can challenge for the title

Man city
Tottenham
Liverpool
Man city b team

:s13:

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see left back and midfield frailty..pogba seems unhappy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.