Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

pale

Master Member
Reaction score
Am disappointed with the number of transfers done. Both in and out.

Unless this means youths like Gomes, Greenwood, Chong and others getting plenty of playtime. That's the positive I see.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Another shambles of a transfer window. Thanks Ed, you’re going to be associated with the darkest age in United’s recent history. We get new managers all the time but nothing will change with you managing the transfers. F*** you.

united won't see light at the end of the tunnel till he is gone..

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am disappointed with the number of transfers done. Both in and out.

Unless this means youths like Gomes, Greenwood, Chong and others getting plenty of playtime. That's the positive I see.

They played well during pre-season. When the season starts are they able to play well.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They played well during pre-season. When the season starts are they able to play well.

problem is the youngsters lack experience so this season is for them to gain experience. this season cannot expect much without good quality signing up front and will be lucky if can get top 6. have to pray for pogba, rashford and martial to be on form.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let go a 80m striker and going to use homegrown upfront...

3 signing to revamp the squad

GG

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most likely Martial will replace Lukaku this season since Man Utd didn't sign any new striker.

Doomsday

Reaction score
I still think we needed a RW most. But seems like Ole is going to use homegrown youth more there this season. Greenwood and Chong hopefully.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We had 3 signings that we badly need

RB long over due

RW long over due

** long over due

No replacement for midfield or forward

:s22:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has experimented with Anthony Martial in pre-season

Anthony Martial has been deployed as a striker in pre-season, but why might that be?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...er-united-solskjaer-martial-rashford-16652296

Probably already planned for Lukaku to be sold & trying out Martial as a striker in all the pre-season games. Should partner Rashford & Martial as main strikers. They may be as good as the Andy Cole & Dwight Yorke partnership.

Last edited:

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have the youngsters to step up. I think this is the time to blood them and give them opportunities. We are 6th last season so there is no pressure on them. If we signed new players, they will have no chances to join the first team. Greenwood, Gomes, Chong are talented. We have filled up positions where we do not have young talents from the academy stepping up. So we are quite alright actually. Give them a chance. We might have the new class of 2019/20

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rather see a young talent from our academy stepping up and doing well than buying players to fill our positions

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We had 3 signings that we badly need

RB long over due

RW long over due

** long over due

No replacement for midfield or forward

:s22:

Midfield will be Angel Gomes or Andreas Pereira.
Forward will be Martial.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rather see a young talent from our academy stepping up and doing well than buying players to fill our positions

It will be nice to see youngsters given a chance to step up

Just hope OGS won't get sacked before Xmas :s22:

xiaogin

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't see a need to replace LKK
Rashford/Martial/Greenwood/Sanchez all can play up front. If we managed to sell Sanchez, yeah perhaps we should buy to replace. The reason why we are not getting more people is largely due to the fact we can't sell off our players like Damian/Rojo/Sanchez and anyone that the fans don't like.

Why should we be rejoiced to keep saying our season is gone before the season even started? OGS to be sacked before Christmas? I guarantee he won't, Zidane or Bayern coach will be gone first before OGS gets sacked.

Give the youths the chances to shine and grow. If OGS feels this team is good enough, trust and support him la. Anyway, he is the manager not us. We are most suited to be a Football Manager nia. Cheers and have a nice long holidays!

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can already foresee what was to come:

1) Bad start to the season
2) Players become unmotivated
3) Style of play becoming increasingly dull and boring
4) Fans getting disgruntled.
5) some players will eventually fell out with manager within the dressing room, lead to toxic environment.
6) “Crisis at United” headline will appear
7) Mathematically or realistically out of top 4 race.
7) Fans will call for sacking/Woodward out due to no improvement in Football standard on the pitch and demand player investment.
9) The inevitable happens.

I hope I’m wrong though. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.