Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the "rather" "rather"
when their inexperience show, it has been proven time and again, supporters will call out these kids and even say sell them.
dont even need to look far, Rashford was the subject of that.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't see a need to replace LKK
Rashford/Martial/Greenwood/Sanchez all can play up front. If we managed to sell Sanchez, yeah perhaps we should buy to replace. The reason why we are not getting more people is largely due to the fact we can't sell off our players like Damian/Rojo/Sanchez and anyone that the fans don't like.

Why should we be rejoiced to keep saying our season is gone before the season even started? OGS to be sacked before Christmas? I guarantee he won't, Zidane or Bayern coach will be gone first before OGS gets sacked.

Give the youths the chances to shine and grow. If OGS feels this team is good enough, trust and support him la. Anyway, he is the manager not us. We are most suited to be a Football Manager nia. Cheers and have a nice long holidays!

Yea I like how positive u are

Unfortunately it's the same thing for the past few seasons

Doomsday

Reaction score
Mason Greenwood looks the real deal. His similarities to RVN are there. He is quite fast too. His strength is not there yet though. Gomez though short is superb with the ball. If his vision improves, he can be a real threat too. All these comes with experience and playing time together. Matic’s legs are gone though. Hopefully, Ole sees that and plays him sparingly. We really need ScMT and Fred to step up now.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just like the times where we expect Januzaj to be the real deal almost immediately...

oh and den there is Macheda too...

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not GG la. season only about to kick off.

agree like u said, our signings are much needed for a long time now, and instead of strengthening with signings we are reduced to hoping youngsters turn up and become saviors.

we'll see how things turn out soon.

not a lot of positives but doesn't mean its all negative. ever since the start of pre-season i didn't expect more signings to happen. im glad we sold Lukaku(purely because he is not interested to play for us anymore).
Let go a 80m striker and going to use homegrown upfront...

3 signing to revamp the squad

GG

Last edited:

Doomsday

Reaction score
Hopefully we are not signing players to fill our gaps bcos Ole has seen something in the youngsters and have decided to play them more so as to accelerate their growth. And not because of Ed’s ineptness or Glazers tightening the purse strings.

Nonetheless, I agree it is important we sign players who want to play for us and not only bcos of money. So not getting Dybala and Eriksen are good decisions.

pale

Master Member
Reaction score
Nonetheless, I agree it is important we sign players who want to play for us and not only bcos of money. So not getting Dybala and Eriksen are good decisions.

Give me a young hungry youth with potential either from academy or transfer anytime.

Sick and tired of signing up overpaid underachieving prima donnas.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think our game plan is high pressing and wait for the opposition to make mistakes then catch them on the break.

If opposition park bus, think we will struggle again. Too reliant on Pogba.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This transfer window clearly shows that woodward has no interest in the performance of the team.
He is really focusing on dollars and cents and show no support to the manager.
If Solskjaer fails to get the team to performance; he will face the axe.
Regardless we get to #1 or to #18, he just want to bring in revenues after revenues for stakeholders and board.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This transfer window clearly shows that woodward has no interest in the performance of the team.
Regardless we get to #1 or to #18, he just want to bring in revenues after revenues for stakeholders and board.

meanwhile "our search for a dof continues" while somebody is consolidating all this power ....

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiya
window closed liao.. forget the what if..
enjoy the long weekend and prepare for the first game on Sunday!!!
Happy holiday guys!!

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let go a 80m striker and going to use homegrown upfront...

3 signing to revamp the squad

GG
last season, Lukaku missed easy chances early on in league matches against Tottenham and Arsenal and ManUtd went on to lose both matches

he is a liability for teams with trophy aspirations as he cannot hold his nerve, but I think he will be successful at Inter like he did at Everton as there is no pressure to deliver

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Glazers (along with woodward) Out !

Ottoke

Reaction score

Been this way for very long liao. All about the money. If not performing, just sack nia, no worries for them

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

agree like u said, our signings are much needed for a long time now, and instead of strengthening with signings we are reduced to hoping youngsters turn up and become saviors.

not a lot of positives but doesn't mean its all negative. ever since the start of pre-season i didn't expect more signings to happen. im glad we sold Lukaku(purely because he is not interested to play for us anymore).

but when u look around in a classroom, everyone else is arming themselves gao gao

Spurs
Arsenal
Leicester
Everton
West Ham

Last edited:

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ole hinted in his press conference he also got fuk by ED,...he said something when sold someone, need to buy to replace...i guess Ole also beh song now

i would be surprised if we reach Top 5

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When we gets beaten by Everton, Leicester and Wolves in the season.
We will start to miss this transfer windows.

We only has Pogba who will be marked throughout the game so we actually need another creative midfield to feed the attackers.
Cannot Imagine what will happen when Pogba is out for 3 months.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still think Man Utd has no funds to spend this season. Because they already planned to sell Lukaku that was the reason they signed Maquire for a world record transfer fee. The funds from the sale of Lukaku will be used to offset the purchase for Maquire .This is called exchange a forward (Lukaku) for a centre back (Maquire).

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last season, Lukaku missed easy chances early on in league matches against Tottenham and Arsenal and ManUtd went on to lose both matches

he is a liability for teams with trophy aspirations as he cannot hold his nerve, but I think he will be successful at Inter like he did at Everton as there is no pressure to deliver

When Lukaku scored against Juventus & Inter Milan beat Juventus, Juventus will regret not signing Lukaku. This season Juventus defenders are questionable & the attack depends too much on Ronaldo. Ronaldo is getting old & will be on the decline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.