Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So short zzzz

disappointing:(.
Old phrase is back "we will bounce back".
Ya should have been 2-2 one, just United didnt take their 2 precious chance whereas WHU did. Damn

Last edited:

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He said even game? Game could go both ways? Hahaha.

Whatever he is smoking, we should have some of that.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can already foresee what was to come:

1) Bad start to the season
2) Players become unmotivated
3) Style of play becoming increasingly dull and boring
4) Fans getting disgruntled.
5) some players will eventually fell out with manager within the dressing room, lead to toxic environment.
6) “Crisis at United” headline will appear
7) Mathematically or realistically out of top 4 race.
7) Fans will call for sacking/Woodward out due to no improvement in Football standard on the pitch and demand player investment.
9) The inevitable happens.

I hope I’m wrong though. :(

Well, can’t say that I’m surprised by all these. Had foreseen this even b4 season started. (Post was written before the season started) Why the board never forseen this to happen I would never understand.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Key moments went WHU ways. That part of the game. He is kinda of right la, both side didnt really create alot of chances. United should have gotten 1 pt out of this game. If not for WHU great finishing.

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Well, can’t say that I’m surprised by all these. Had foreseen this even b4 season started. (Post was written before the season started) Why the board never forseen this to happen I would never understand.

The board only care about money from the club and as long as the club still at mid table they feel it is safe.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Class of 92 is impossible to repeat. Kids today have too many distractions and earning too much unlike in 1992. If the board thinks Ole is the answer, they better fcking back him all the way.

I'm always against sacking manager, just like I don't think sacking JM was right, I don't think sacking Ole is right now too. JM would have brought us more success if he was backed, although he would spend more money as he always goes for the experience. Ole want youngsters, so we will have to wait very long more for success. If the board cannot tolerate that, we will just be in a downward spiral.

Support the team, but don't watch too much now because it will be worse before it can be better...

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not wrong stats wise

Match Stats

Possession
West Ham 48%
Manchester United 52%

Shots
West Ham 8
Manchester United 9

Shots on Target
West Ham 6
Manchester United 3

genesis113

Master Member
Reaction score
No quick fix for us, just hope the team can play faster. Although we have good line up in defence now, weaker midfield really exposing our defence in many occasions. Big gap always seen between defence and DM. Our DM drop until outside of pen box, oppositions organised their attacks at will.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good line up in defence? I don't think 2 central defenders winning 5 (+-1) headers between them over 90 minutes counts as good defence. And I think out of those headers they won, it went straight back to WH players.
Whoever has the interest to watch that 90 minutes again can watch and count.
For their first goal, we were a training setup with a YipMan sparring figure as a defender.

But overall, ScottM had a superb game. JuanM and NemanjaM cannot both start games - they can't and shouldn't be on beyond 60 minutes. But while the performance was more positive, the execution from many a player wasn't. Basic stuff like passing, especially in the final 15 minutes, were just plain sloppy, or technically inferior.

Whether OleGS can turn it around is anybody's guess. All I can and will do is to continue watching games. You gotta watch the bad ones, to know the good ones when you see one.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u cannot win any football games if you can't score goals no matter how much we strengthen the defence the midfield and attack are both weak

Last edited:

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I think our weakest point is midfield and forward now.

Our players are taking too many touch touches before releasing the ball. Just Look at matic today!

Compare to liverpool game just now. I see most of the times during the game, pool players within 2-3 touch will release the ball. Keep repeating and repeating. Max 1-2-3 touch and ball is to another player. That's why they and manc can attack so fast.

Then I see United west ham game highlight again. Hog the ball. Hold till kena close down and then quickly pump ball away. Like wtf.

Most of us will continue to be frustrated cos I really don't see us overnight can play free flow attacking football. Its going to be a very long journey back to the top for us.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jesse lingard playing as a centre forward that was a sad sight makes the decision to sell Lukaku and also not replace him even worse

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ep5cLvU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.