Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
@tomwfootball
Man United’s only fit recognised striker now is Solskjaer.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mourinho said: "The decision was made. When Lukaku goes, and you don't replace him, it is because Rashford and Martial are the main strikers.

"I have never been politically correct. When I am not happy, I say. I put myself into a difficult situation by crying about a central defender.

"Ole didn't about a striker. I want to believe the decision was made to trust Rashford and Martial."

in other words, Ole is prepared for this situation where all strikers are out injured. im sure he is right? he knows our track record of injuries. or at least people like Carrick and Phelan would too.
@tomwfootball
Man United’s only fit recognised striker now is Solskjaer.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If OGS don’t motivate the players, win back the dressing room, instill some fighting spirit, then he is on numbered days.

The lack of striking options not helping him either. Bolstered our defensive options, but midfield a lot of gaps with experienced players not performing, makes it worse for OGS.

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
tbf, considering Ole likes to play with one forward you would think having 2.5 of them in the squad is a decent number.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think his hand is forced rather than his preference. He has been playing in a 2 forwards setup all the time, and I'm pretty sure he thinks that is the right thing to do as well. I remember he set out quite a few times with AnthonyM and MarcusR being the 2 interchanging forwards. Problem is we don't have wingers to pull the defence open, midfielders who can't seem to retain possession many a time, and apparently a weak defence and thus requiring an additional anchor in front of them.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
that's why Ed got job security. fans that keep saying sack Ed will keep rushing to buy merchandises, helping him to meet kpi :s13:

That's why glazer love him. As long as the club is making money, there is no issue with the club. Remember, we are no longer a football club. We are a company now.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
I think his hand is forced rather than his preference. He has been playing in a 2 forwards setup all the time, and I'm pretty sure he thinks that is the right thing to do as well. I remember he set out quite a few times with AnthonyM and MarcusR being the 2 interchanging forwards. Problem is we don't have wingers to pull the defence open, midfielders who can't seem to retain possession many a time, and apparently a weak defence and thus requiring an additional anchor in front of them.

I do think we'll be better off having Rashford and Martial as the interchangeable left/right forward with a central forward in between.
But we don't have one. :s13:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually in Molde he setup 1 striker also

we don't have a lot of options up front. Mason Martial Rashford
can include Chong n James maybe since they play wide positions like Martial

and den we look at other title challengers with 1 striker system. their options are not filled with players just fresh out of the academy still finding their footing :s22:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so was he too nice to demand for a signing so he kept saying i trust Rashford to play as centre forward?

or did he really think Rashford is our reliable centre forward.

I do think we'll be better off having Rashford and Martial as the interchangeable left/right forward with a central forward in between.
But we don't have one. :s13:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time to time take some class A to sell
use class B to take loan

United forever in debt, they continue to suck money out
:s13:
That's why glazer love him. As long as the club is making money, there is no issue with the club. Remember, we are no longer a football club. We are a company now.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U mean 1.5

I rate all of them 0.5

:crazy:

As of now, I can't say Rashford is alot better than Greenwood. His decision making and composure is super lacking infront of goal. Just not clinical enough. So bad so that I'd give 3 games to Greenwood as the CF role, with James and Rashford as the wide players. Pogba as the AM in the Mata/Lingard role.

When Martial returns, then interchange with Greenwood.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so was he too nice to demand for a signing so he kept saying i trust Rashford to play as centre forward?

or did he really think Rashford is our reliable centre forward.

Either way he's too naive, to rely on AM9 and Rashford, both of which haven't been scoring consistently every season, to suddenly take on the (heavy) mantle of providing the main source of goals for United. To make matter worse, the more clinical one between them don't have very good injury track record.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one thing puzzling is when ole first joined as caretaker manager, he got good results with the team and even won psg. how come now the results are different?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when u lose, its how u pick up the confidence of the team for the next

and the more u lose, the more people start questioning your methods

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
one thing puzzling is when ole first joined as caretaker manager, he got good results with the team and even won psg. how come now the results are different?

When he first join, he was guided under SAF. After that SAF wash hand liao.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Honeymoon period over.. feel good factor diminished

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see a team with no teeth, I see a team with no spine, with no leader ship and no imagination. I see a team that wasted hundreds of millions of pounds and worthless deals for players that were past their prime. I see a team with young players with promise... but they have no experienced quality veterans to mentor them. You can’t expect Martial, Rashford and James to win a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.