Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The entertaining united way of playing football

Are u guys not entertained ? :o

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Well I been betting against United in West ham, arsenal and Newcastle game. Betting wise it has been entertaining for me cos it's like free money lol

The entertaining united way of playing football

Are u guys not entertained ? :o

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of cos there is a chance the signing will turn out like Fred
but can anyone seriously comprehend a team that struggled to finish 6th losing players in midfield n attack and not replacing them at all? it spells trouble all over and it didn't take long into the season to show that.

its only been 2 months where the club sold the idea that if they think Rashford n Martial are not good enough to lead our attack, they would have bought or kept someone. now telling us fans it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know we will be in the market for strikers?
Question to ask all of you here.
Do you think it's really just due to lack of quality replacement for players who already left? And does it make a difference if we do have the players?
Does Ole really deserve more time to rebuild the squad considering that he has a worse record than Mourinho now?

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
FSfngiA.jpg

even DGG don't know what's happening ? How we know ?:o

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
of cos there is a chance the signing will turn out like Fred
but can anyone seriously comprehend a team that struggled to finish 6th losing players in midfield n attack and not replacing them at all? it spells trouble all over and it didn't take long into the season to show that.

its only been 2 months where the club sold the idea that if they think Rashford n Martial are not good enough to lead our attack, they would have bought or kept someone. now telling us fans it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know we will be in the market for strikers?

biggest mistake is to let LKK and Sanchez go without having confirmed replacement and too much faith put into rashford and martial ?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not a mistake to let players who don't want to be here go.
but it must be made ur top priority to replace them.

it always take months for United to confirm a player even if they want to leave their club or even tout their service to United. its been that way for last 6-7 years since Ed took over. some want to argue Ed has learnt since Moyes episode, no he hasn't one bit.
biggest mistake is to let LKK and Sanchez go without having confirmed replacement and too much faith put into rashford and martial ?
both of them have not produced results consistently to be trusted wholeheartedly.
Europa final with Rashford up front should be more than enough to show he is not centre striker material.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is going to be a terrible season for us, whether we sack ole or not. Looks like Jose was right - the quality and most importantly, the mentality of the players is terrible. There is a reason why Jose liked Mctominay so much and we can see that now. Not backing him for that extra ** during that transfer window after we finished second is now coming back to bite us.

I am not saying that Jose was not wrong - he was also a big part of the problem last season with his tantrums and all, but I can see why he did so, unprofessional as it was. I think he would kill to have a team that had half of the quality of the last time we were champions - he should have taken over SAF directly instead of Moyes, and at least he would have a group of players with a better mentality to start from.

As many have said, the problems we face now is an accumulation of the issues we have had since the Glazers took over, most importantly after we sold our best player to Real and did not remotely reinvest that world-record fee due to "no value in the market". That slowly eft us with a lop-sided team that was held together by SAF's miracle and last throw of the die when we bought RvP. The rise of City and the other oil-backed clubs did not help at all of course.

When Moyes came in and lost the dressing room, our core of mentally strong players was fractured and by the time LvG came in, I struggle to recall who was our leader on and off the pitch. The foundations were all gone by the time Jose took over. He still managed to be our most successful manager after SAF though, but again the board did not back him when needed. One of the big misses for transfers when Jose was here is when Griezmann chose to stay at Atletico cause of their transfer ban. If he had joined us, we could solved a lot of our goal scoring problems, no.7 jersey problems (would have meant no Sanchez) and the lack of experience in attack.

The fact that Young has been our club captain for the past 2 years just goes to show how really really far our standards have dropped. He won't even be captain at any of the other teams in the the PL to be honest. The board has fecked up so many managers due to their ineptitude and only fixing one "hole" at a time when they should be sanctioning wholesale changes rather that small steps. They fix one hole but 2 more spring up - it reminds me of BB-8 trying to fix Poe's X-wing at the start of The Last Jedi. We have been outspent in terms of net transfer fees by most of the other teams in the league - that's crazy!

So now we are lacking in almost all departments - ok our defence has improved (which again proved Jose right when he said he needed at least 1 more ** and we could have gotten Maguire in 1 year earlier and maybe 20m cheaper), but our midfield and attack are horrendous, our best players are constantly injured or out of form or are wanting to leave, our set pieces are one of the worst in the league (when we have corners, i am more afraid of the opposition scoring on the counter than us scoring from it, as seen last night), we don't seem to have a Plan A, let alone a Plan B.

Really hard for me to see the light at the end of this tunnel we are in. Which manager wants to come if we sack Ole when they know someone like Jose and LvG have failed, and they know the board won't support them in terms of transfers, and the current squad is in such disarray? Hopefully whoever comes in will really put down their foot and say:"I wont sign till there is a clause in the contract saying I can get at least 4 signings or spend 200m net per summer". Even with that, it still seems a hard sell to a top manager.

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After 3-4 managers, the problem isn't the managers. It's the CEO and the players.

We can't just keep changing managers expecting miracles. It's insanity.

piclMN1.jpg

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
this is going to be a terrible season for us, whether we sack ole or not. Looks like Jose was right - the quality and most importantly, the mentality of the players is terrible. There is a reason why Jose liked Mctominay so much and we can see that now. Not backing him for that extra ** during that transfer window after we finished second is now coming back to bite us.

I am not saying that Jose was not wrong - he was also a big part of the problem last season with his tantrums and all, but I can see why he did so, unprofessional as it was. I think he would kill to have a team that had half of the quality of the last time we were champions - he should have taken over SAF directly instead of Moyes, and at least he would have a group of players with a better mentality to start from.

As many have said, the problems we face now is an accumulation of the issues we have had since the Glazers took over, most importantly after we sold our best player to Real and did not remotely reinvest that world-record fee due to "no value in the market". That slowly eft us with a lop-sided team that was held together by SAF's miracle and last throw of the die when we bought RvP. The rise of City and the other oil-backed clubs did not help at all of course.

When Moyes came in and lost the dressing room, our core of mentally strong players was fractured and by the time LvG came in, I struggle to recall who was our leader on and off the pitch. The foundations were all gone by the time Jose took over. He still managed to be our most successful manager after SAF though, but again the board did not back him when needed. One of the big misses for transfers when Jose was here is when Griezmann chose to stay at Atletico cause of their transfer ban. If he had joined us, we could solved a lot of our goal scoring problems, no.7 jersey problems (would have meant no Sanchez) and the lack of experience in attack.

The fact that Young has been our club captain for the past 2 years just goes to show how really really far our standards have dropped. He won't even be captain at any of the other teams in the the PL to be honest. The board has fecked up so many managers due to their ineptitude and only fixing one "hole" at a time when they should be sanctioning wholesale changes rather that small steps. They fix one hole but 2 more spring up - it reminds me of BB-8 trying to fix Poe's X-wing at the start of The Last Jedi. We have been outspent in terms of net transfer fees by most of the other teams in the league - that's crazy!

So now we are lacking in almost all departments - ok our defence has improved (which again proved Jose right when he said he needed at least 1 more ** and we could have gotten Maguire in 1 year earlier and maybe 20m cheaper), but our midfield and attack are horrendous, our best players are constantly injured or out of form or are wanting to leave, our set pieces are one of the worst in the league (when we have corners, i am more afraid of the opposition scoring on the counter than us scoring from it, as seen last night), we don't seem to have a Plan A, let alone a Plan B.

Really hard for me to see the light at the end of this tunnel we are in. Which manager wants to come if we sack Ole when they know someone like Jose and LvG have failed, and they know the board won't support them in terms of transfers, and the current squad is in such disarray? Hopefully whoever comes in will really put down their foot and say:"I wont sign till there is a clause in the contract saying I can get at least 4 signings or spend 200m net per summer". Even with that, it still seems a hard sell to a top manager.
all i can say regardless what manager we have now....unless we find woody replacement and ask glazers to spend more ...we won't improve even we got klopp...

the quality of the players really crap...and decision making is worse of all

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all i can say regardless what manager we have now....unless we find woody replacement and ask glazers to spend more ...we won't improve even we got klopp...

the quality of the players really crap...and decision making is worse of all

even if we had Klopp or Pep also no use. We only foundation we have in the team right now is perhaps the defence, but in midfielder and attack, there is a lack of quality, leadership and mentality.

Woodward will never leave so long as the glazers are in charge - he is making too much money for them. I read on the Caf once on how the Glazers ruined their other sports team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in the States. Same thing is happening now to us.

xiaogin

Master Member
Reaction score
Speculation about Poch replacing Ole...
But seriously, if Mou and LVG can't succeed here, I doubt anyone else can.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can't even be bothered with this kind of articles obviously only written to sell papers
Speculation about Poch replacing Ole...
But seriously, if Mou and LVG can't succeed here, I doubt anyone else can.

Coless

Reaction score
We don’t need 11 new players to comfortably beat Rochdale/Alkmaar/Newcastle etc. Stop blaming every game on the board Ole fanboys. Your man got this job just because he is an ex-player. He has no tactics and pattern of play etc. 9 points in 8 games seriously?

From Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.