Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news is Lukaku played very badly despite scoring 2 goals (1 of them pen). He kept losing the ball on his first touch.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news is Lukaku played very badly despite scoring 2 goals (1 of them pen). He kept losing the ball on his first touch.

Good news for Man Utd is so far I think we will still be in the BPL next year

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lukaku is not about first touch,
just like you don't associate fire engines with gourmet food
totally unrelated

lukaku is a flat track bully who uses his size and strength to intimidate,
and finishes ~1 in 5 chances presented to him on a plate

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Manchester United legend Roy Keane was shocked seeing United and Liverpool players hugging each other in the tunnel ahead of Sunday's 1-1 draw.

Roberto Firmino was seen speaking to and smiling with Andreas Pereira and Fred moments before the players walked out on the pitch.

"I'm disgusted with players [scenes in the tunnel]. You're going to war, they're hugging and kissing," Keane said on Sky Sports.

"Don't even look at the opposition. You're going into battle against them.

"The game hasn't changed that much, the players have changed. You're going to war against these players and they're hugging each other.

"Chat to them after the game, or don't even chat to them after the game.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lukaku is not about first touch,
just like you don't associate fire engines with gourmet food
totally unrelated

lukaku is a flat track bully who uses his size and strength to intimidate,
and finishes ~1 in 5 chances presented to him on a plate
But lukaku sometimes quite soft and don't dare to bully or earn penalties.

I think Diego Costa still a flat track bully looking for penalties every time.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

drogba ?? bulldoze his way during his time at chelsea.

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United legend Roy Keane was shocked seeing United and Liverpool players hugging each other in the tunnel ahead of Sunday's 1-1 draw.

Roberto Firmino was seen speaking to and smiling with Andreas Pereira and Fred moments before the players walked out on the pitch.

"I'm disgusted with players [scenes in the tunnel]. You're going to war, they're hugging and kissing," Keane said on Sky Sports.

"The game hasn't changed that much, the players have changed. You're going to war against these players and they're hugging each other.

No wonder Pool fans hate our team so much esp during saf era
Then can blame the referee for the draw
Say something like we can't even beat their reserve/ below par team

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Agree. To add on, first touch does play a part in being even a flat track bully. Costa and Drogba have decent FT if not the best. Any teams playing Costa or Drogba at their peak will have nightmares.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

if im united player, i will throw pork knuckles bone at them.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s so great about Ashley Young? He’s not my captain

Nothing great. Problem is nobody could displace him, nor be as available as he has been, nor be as flexible as he is in playing both right and left. For stability of the team, I have always been supportive of players who can remain injury-free, even if they may be just above- average in the position(s) they play.
It's like that argument of how some say PhilJ is better than ChrisS. A better player who isn't available 75% of a season is of little use to a team.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Now the players are soft. Afraid to get injured.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually some of the players are able to play well. The disappointing results were due to lack of confidence, lack of motivation, lack of concentration in defending during the final 20 mins, wrong tactics & the manager playing a few players out of position.

we lack a creative midfielder in number 10 and a proper striker. if we have these 2, then i think we wouldn't be in position 13.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
I may get flamed for saying this but I actually pity Young. I never bashed him before either and I do value him as a squad player. Yes, he screwed up last night but he was not a left-back, Rojo was supposed to be there I thought. Because it's Young it's always easy to blame him.

Like some bros said here, a player who is always on the sideline has no use to the team regardless of how skilful he is. It's like you hire the top candidate for a job but he always MC and MIA, end up someone else still have to do the work. The fault is not Young's if the club is not able to properly replace Evra at LB. If you ask him or Valencia, I believe both of them would prefer to play LM/RM rather than LB/RB. Because of their professionalism, they do it for the team. I respect them for that.

From last season I've said this, sell Shaw. This chap is really useless for us; just get rid of him already. I don't see what so special about him even when he is fully fit - can't defend, and only show flashes of his attacking side when he feels like to.

As a pro, I thought it is part of your job to ensure you are always fit, always available. Look at Giggs who turned to Yoga when hamstring was an issue, look at Ronaldo, Evra, and many many more. I seriously wonder what is the commitment of the likes of Shaw, Martial, Jones, suka suka MC again. Which is why part of my heart feels for Young, he is not good yes, but at least he is trying.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last night’s game was played at a relatively friendly atmosphere. I dun recall players giving anyone crunching tackle. Only 1 player yellow carded in the entire game, iirc. :s13:

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I may get flamed for saying this but I actually pity Young. I never bashed him before either and I do value him as a squad player. Yes, he screwed up last night but he was not a left-back, Rojo was supposed to be there I thought. Because it's Young it's always easy to blame him.

Like some bros said here, a player who is always on the sideline has no use to the team regardless of how skilful he is. It's like you hire the top candidate for a job but he always MC and MIA, end up someone else still have to do the work. The fault is not Young's if the club is not able to properly replace Evra at LB. If you ask him or Valencia, I believe both of them would prefer to play LM/RM rather than LB/RB. Because of their professionalism, they do it for the team. I respect them for that.

From last season I've said this, sell Shaw. This chap is really useless for us; just get rid of him already. I don't see what so special about him even when he is fully fit - can't defend, and only show flashes of his attacking side when he feels like to.

As a pro, I thought it is part of your job to ensure you are always fit, always available. Look at Giggs who turned to Yoga when hamstring was an issue, look at Ronaldo, Evra, and many many more. I seriously wonder what is the commitment of the likes of Shaw, Martial, Jones, suka suka MC again. Which is why part of my heart feels for Young, he is not good yes, but at least he is trying.

Of cos not Young's fault

He was a attacking winger

Then tio convert to fullback , never complain and do a steady job

But he is not a proper defender la...Say it many years Liao

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we lack a creative midfielder in number 10 and a proper striker. if we have these 2, then i think we wouldn't be in position 13.

every creative player that joins us seems to inherit the sideways passing syndrome afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.