Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The current Man Utd team resemble the "Wonder Boys" of the 90s Liverpool..
where on paper.. all were pretty decent players..but seldom achieve much on the field...but off the field... many were involved in fashion, glamour living etc etc... of cos... nowaday with social media... our players had brought it to a different level...

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we should be spending 80mil on such a defender and not needing someone like that to pair up with him after spending 80mil :s22:
I think lindelof and Maguire don’t really suit each other. Maguire needs a strong no nonsense defender like Baily or Axel Tuanzbe.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tuanzbe is a "no nonsense" defender?

rather play him with Maguire.

Ole is very stubborn, he thinks these players are good to him, he will play them no matter what.

Lindelof obviously dont play well with Maguire but Ole keeps playing them.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'I kind of feel for Ole, I think he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

'There's not really a lot he can do. The fact is that it's a very average squad of players that he's got.

got to disagree with Schmeichel here. and he wont be so kind if the manager wasnt a ex colleague.

this club was happy with the squad after seeing them in the 2nd half of the season after Jose's departure.

we shaved off players from that squad, in midfield n striker department, and still think its good enough for the new season. i will pretend the plan for Dan James was to go straight into first team from day 1. and that the club thinks they only needed defenders and will be able to challenge the other top teams in the league for the spot up there.

according to Ed Woodward, these are the works of his brilliant football people at this club.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ole is very stubborn, he thinks these players are good to him, he will play them no matter what.

tuanzebe and bailly are injured so cannot play. if don't play lindelof then is rojo.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We will never know what is going on behind the scene....

For Ole to say he was happy with the striker force he had after having no replacement for LKK & Sanchez at the start of the season....... only to have him said few days ago....the same dept need fixing else the season will be in free fall....

Nobody will like to see Ole fail.. but his decision does make me wonder if he can turn it around with new transfer during the Jan window.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daniel James and Wan doing very well.

Maguire is still an upgrade over Jones.

So nothing wrong with Ole signing. Why need to sack him so soon?

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Daniel James and Wan doing very well.

Maguire is still an upgrade over Jones.

So nothing wrong with Ole signing. Why need to sack him so soon?

Because United fans want to build a club base on sacking every manager after 6 months.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only remember he had that 新官上任三把火 in him when he said ‘There is a chance you’ve seen the last of some players at Manchester United’
it either backfired in the dressing room or made him feel like Jose Mourinho

so now he feels the need to say all the nice words during the presser.

from the time Jose left until the opening of the transfer window, the club couldn't see that those dept need fixing, even more after letting those players go, something is seriously wrong. no amount of good words in the media can turn it around.
We will never know what is going on behind the scene....

For Ole to say he was happy with the striker force he had after having no replacement for LKK & Sanchez at the start of the season....... only to have him said few days ago....the same dept need fixing else the season will be in free fall....

Nobody will like to see Ole fail.. but his decision does make me wonder if he can turn it around with new transfer during the Jan window.
since Ed took over, it seems like every season also leave fans wondering if Jan window can get in the fix that should have come in the summer window.
how many have we gotten so far in the last 6-7 years? Sanchez and???

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's the use of changing the manager when the club keeps following the same operation that has failed for the last 6-7 years and for at least 2 top managers.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The team did better than expected.. was hoping they lose all 4 away matches, but only lost 1, so considered job well done.

Let's see how many they lose in the next 4 games...

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Partnership doesn't form overnight

Remember how vidic play with Rio when he first arrive? I remember

If fergie didn't stick with them I dunno how we can see the incredible partnership.

Not saying Mag and lindelof will become that good, but u never know.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'I kind of feel for Ole, I think he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

'There's not really a lot he can do. The fact is that it's a very average squad of players that he's got.

got to disagree with Schmeichel here. and he wont be so kind if the manager wasnt a ex colleague.

this club was happy with the squad after seeing them in the 2nd half of the season after Jose's departure.

we shaved off players from that squad, in midfield n striker department, and still think its good enough for the new season. i will pretend the plan for Dan James was to go straight into first team from day 1. and that the club thinks they only needed defenders and will be able to challenge the other top teams in the league for the spot up there.

according to Ed Woodward, these are the works of his brilliant football people at this club.

Ole won't get sacked so soon. Why ? Because he is a legend as a player and fans are more tolerant of him. Also, he is the buffer for Ed and the owners. Fans are now torn between bad results and having the sentimental attachment to Ole.

If the reason of rebuilding is raised again. I say the club has gone backwards. Sure, rebuilding to compete for the title when Moyes was in charge. And then rebuilding to compete for top 4 while Lvg and JM was in charge. Now, Manutd is rebuilding for a mid table position.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solskjaer's lacked of experience is beginning to show.
Conte knew the quality in Lukaku when he was Chelsea manager. At Inter Milan he made sure he signed Lukaku. He can be a scoring machine. How many strikers in this world can be a scoring machine during the past 10 yrs? Maybe Ronaldo during his best years.

Many would argue to give Ole time just like it was afforded to SAF back then. The difference was SAF's aberdeen dislodge Celtic and Rangers off the top and Scottish football was quite dominant back then. He even won the European cup after winning Real Madrid. SAF came to Manutd with a fairly impressive CV. The same could not be said of Ole, who got Cardiff relegated.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only reason the defence is under so much pressure is becos we are dogsh!t in attack

Cant create, cant convert, cant attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.