Jian19

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New thread starts with a win

Feelsgoodman

astrayharry

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice game with a lot of defense splitting passes 👍🏿 what I still don’t get it is ole obsession with substitution close to 70th min and then meaningless substitution at close to 90... keep putting greenwood out at close to 90 just to do nth, must as well give jones a chance to have some match fitness

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1bYiuSZ.gif

Jian19

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rashford open goal also can miss :s22:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good game from the boys. Got to give credit when it’s due. A good win before the international break.

But first game back will be against Sheffield, tricky game.

Hope to see more Williams and NOT our captain young. Wondering if we will see Pogba after the break? And hopefully with MCT and Fred as base, Ole can push Pogba to play in CAM.

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zlatan will be proud.
The idea and excecution was beautiful, the final decision can be better.

That move was made famous by Ronaldinho. It's called the flip-flap.

Hence Rizal above called him Rashfordinho...

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good win and pretty good performance from the midfielders. Fred is growing in confidence and caught on to the tempo and went up and stayed down at the right times, just still a bit sloppy at times especially with his passing. But the partnership between him and ScottM is getting quite solid. As is the M&M partnership up front, along with DanielJ seemingly more willing to cross, and his crosses do seem to be getting better.

Other than MarcusR missing a sitter and failing to capitalise on a couple of half chances, this seems to be the position that fits him better. Looking forward to seeing them play together in this formation for the rest of the season. We've got the players to play like this in the upper 2/3.

The bottom 1/3 is still a bit iffy. What seemed like a routine corner with not much threat, and our defence failed to do anything about it. While our corner routines are pretty much training for the opposition defence.

Baby steps befitting our baby-face assassin manager I guess.

And this is probably the first time I'm looking forward to seeing PaulP back, because I do want to see how he plays in this No. 10 position with a trio in front of him with plenty of pace and ability to get past defenders.

jahtl62

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I looked at the EPL table. Teams that let in the least goals.
1)Leicester (8)
2)Sheffield Utd (9)
3)Liverpool (10)
4)Man Utd (12)
5)Man City (13)

Man Utd defending could be better or as good as Man City. Man City is not as strong as the previous 2 seasons. This season Man City is almost same as during Pep's 1st season managing Man City.

This season there is obviously an improvement in Man Utd defending compared to last season.

Last edited:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I looked at the EPL table. Teams that let in the least goals.
1)Leicester (8)
2)Sheffield Utd (9)
3)Liverpool (10)
4)Man Utd (12)
5)Man City (13)

Man Utd defending could be better or as good as Man City. Man City is not as strong as the previous 2 seasons. This season Man City is almost same as during Pep's 1st season managing Man City.

This season there is obviously an improvement in Man Utd defending compared to last season.

This season, City lost their captain(Kompany) and failed to replace him, lost their best defender (Laporte), their 2 backup CBs is on the same level as Jonesy.

We let in 12 goals with our "best" CB partnership.

jahtl62

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fred has given Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a Manchester United solution

Man Utd beat Brighton in the Premier League and Fred was exceptional for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side in midfield.

Paul Pogba's injury has given Solskjaer little choice but to start the Brazilian and after a run of starts in the past few games he has started to show glimpses of why Mourinho was happy to bring him to Old Trafford. And while he's impressed alongside Scott McTominay deep in United's midfield in the past few weeks, it was his display against Brighton that was the most dominant.

The 26-year-old was as impressive defensively as he was going forward and found himself directly involved in two of United's goals. His defence splitting pass to James out on the right which started the move which led to United's opener from Andreas Pereira.

And he barely put a pass wrong all game.

His attitude and commitment to fight back into the team had been questioned but there was no questioning his desire at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon and it was the Brazilian who was geeing his teammates up after they conceded a sloppy goal in the second half. Gesticulating his arms for his team to carry on pushing and what came in the following 10 minutes was the best play of United's game.

Another defence splitting pass from the Brazilian this time for Anthony Martial who set up for Marcus Rashford for United's third to put the game to bed and secure an important three points for Solskjaer's side ahead of the international break.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-vs-brighton-news-17233445

I prefer Fred & McTominay to play instead of Pogba. Don't trust Pogba to give 100% when he is playing because his mind is always thinking of leaving.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fred can always handle the home games but I don’t really trust him yet in the away ones especially against relegation battlers. He has to really show me more. But there is certainly a partnership blossoming between him and McT. I am nothing and in no position to tell the manager what to do but i hope he doesn’t break them up and put Pogba back there. If anything, Paul should be replacing Andreas at 10 and we should be seeing a much much better team

And Maguire should really be make permanent captain now. No need wait till next season

jahtl62

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have Andreas Pereira and Fred finally come of age at Manchester United?

If the PSG game last season was Scott McTominay’s coming-of-age game, then the same could be said of Sunday’s 1-1 home draw with Liverpool in the case of two players – Andreas Pereira and Fred.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2019/10...ally-come-of-age-at-manchester-united-209431/

Some players started to improve after playing well against a top team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.