Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pogba should have started. Fred no energy from the start, quarantine didn’t do him well. James is as usual, predictable. Ole inflexibility to his formation change played right into Jose’s hand.

As we know Jose loves to park bus and let his opponent have the ball which Ole’s team is ****ing clueless on.

The way Utd was set up 4231 as counter attack team with James in the side but how often does Jose team go forward to even allow counter attack?

Should have started Greenwood instead of James.

Greenwood, Pogba and Baily should have started. A 4-3-3 maybe with Matic or MCT as base might have been more interesting.

this is why we need to buy players like grealish and sancho. otherwise our attack is very predictable.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing that stood out for me was the awful passing that was going on. Not sure whether it was that passers that couldn't find the players, or players couldn't make the right movements to get to passes. It got slightly better in the second half, but it wasn't enough.

Wasn't an unsavable shot, so DavidDG would probably have done better on another day. But how flat and slow our defence is, is permanent as long as we keep playing those 2 central defenders and with a high line. I really don't think they are/will be/should be the long term partnership we should be building the defence around.

Decent enough result I guess? JoseM knows very well the weaknesses and strengths of our team, so no surprise that he would make tactics targeting/avoiding specific areas.

Whatever it is, good to see us in action again.

jahtl62

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DDG has been poor all season.

He saved us for many seasons but his decline is really obvious. Dean Henderson should be back next season to challenge him to improve or be sold.

Time to sell him & get the funds to invest in a few quality young players. Henderson is good otherwise newly promoted club Sheffield Utd will not be competing for a place in Europe.

Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a bit of both for most of our players. that's what that have been plaguing the team.
The thing that stood out for me was the awful passing that was going on. Not sure whether it was that passers that couldn't find the players, or players couldn't make the right movements to get to passes. It got slightly better in the second half, but it wasn't enough.

sunkist77

Master Member
Reaction score
DDG is a legend according to some folks here. No blame culture pls

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree the goals he conceded this season are mostly of him not doing enough, rather than a wonder strike from opponents. he did made some good saves in the game, but our team isn't destroying teams yet so when he let in such goals, it really makes it harder for the team especially when we STILL don't have a very motivational leader when concede first.
DDG has been poor all season.

He saved us for many seasons but his decline is really obvious. Dean Henderson should be back next season to challenge him to improve or be sold.

i don't think we can excuse the players from being "rusty" becos im sure Pogba has been out for much longer, plus all the "partying"
Pogba vs Tottenham:

100% long pass accuracy
94% pass accuracy
4 ball recoveries
100% take-ons completed (2)
2 blocks
1 tackle
1 penalty won
1 shot

[@StatmanDave]

By far the best Utd player. Done more in the 20-30 mins he was on than everyone else.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
James is really shiat and 1 dimensional.. only know how to push the ball forward to the byline.

Like a certain AV25..

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
James is really shiat and 1 dimensional.. only know how to push the ball forward to the byline.

Like a certain AV25..
Just a reminder, that was what people said of CristianoR in the first 2-3 years he was with us.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually think DDG should leave, he will look better somewhere else.

Just a thought - the two defenders in front of him cost 100 million.. lol..

ticcan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He is not wrong, de Gea should have saved that, but Shaw did not track back and Maguire was beaten so easily.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, that was what people said of CristianoR in the first 2-3 years he was with us.

Ronaldo played for a top tier team

James traded a bottom tier team for a middle tier team

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Last night game kind of suit towards Mata on the right. But that will allow Davies alot freedom to come forward.

Is it only me who finds the field kind of bad despite being a new stadium? Players slipping all over, weird bounces on the pass...

sunkist77

Master Member
Reaction score
BF10 was sharp as usual. The pass to martial after receiving it from pogba. Woah

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
BF10 was sharp as usual. The pass to martial after receiving it from pogba. Woah

You mean that pass which is disguised as a shot? I recall that, only 2 effort from Martial. This was block by Dier, the other from lloris.

Spurs were more physical than usual it seems last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.