Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4000th game with academy player, big achievement, its utd's dna. It had to be Greenwood the academy player to score the equaliser, too bad it ended with a draw, if not would be a great day.

Too bad, sometimes thats football you know.

Dang. almost there.

Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, speaking to Sky Sports: "We're disappointed we didn't get three points. We didn't have the ideas to win it towards the end. We kept them on the back foot and if any team was going to win it it was us.

"We came back after the disappointment at half time. You shouldn't concede goals like this at set plays. But it's a foul. There's no point me complaining but his arms are over David's shoulders as he was going to punch it.

"Mason Greenwood is different class in and around the box. You're not surprised when he scores goals. It's fitting that it should be an academy player that scores in the 4,000th match [in a row in which Utd have fielded an academy product] and it makes it hard for me to leave him out.

"We've always had the DNA, with added players from other top clubs, and that will always be the philosophy here.

"We're disappointed today but we have a quarter-final in the Carabao Cup to come on Wednesday and I have a big strong squad to choose from."

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Off topic but the sub for sub by Duncan Ferguson was brutal. I saw him play in the 90s, good and intimidating player but he was a proper a*shole. Now become manager still the same :s13:

On substituting Moise Kean just 18 minutes after the striker had come on: "It was not because of his performance. I just needed to make a substitution to kill a bit of time. I have a lot of strikers on the bench, it was nothing against him personally."
Article Reactions

I dont buy Big Dunc's explanation. :s13:

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only we have de bruyne playing every game and not lingardinho

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, speaking to MOTD: "It is obviously disappointing conceding the goal as we did. They had a five minute spell where we did not get to grips with the game. Another set piece goal that I don't think should have stood but that was it.

"It was given as a goal, we came back with good pressure on them. Great goal by the kid again and we just ran out of time at the end. We couldn't get the goal."

On Mason Greenwood: "He is a goalscorer. He knows where the goal is and just has that knack. He is making it hard for me now. I need to give him more game time. We have just found the right moment for him now, he is stepping up.

"You can't control the result. We dominated, we had 20-odd shots and we conceded from a set piece and they are probably one of the best teams in the league set piece wise. You can always concede a goal against a team like this. I feel we deserved more.

"It has been a fantastic year. Wednesday is apparently a year ago (since I took charge) so we are looking forward to the Colchester game now."

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ljungberg is neither lampard nor solskjaer.

arsenal are totally outclassed by city

jahtl62

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"You can't control the result. We dominated, we had 20-odd shots and we conceded from a set piece and they are probably one of the best teams in the league set piece wise. You can always concede a goal against a team like this. I feel we deserved more.

20 odd shots, if Greenwood had 7 or 8 shots he might be able to score 2 goals. That is why he needs to play longer.

Last edited:

straweffigy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can’t blame Lingard for saying about him getting back to his best.

His best and the best we know that United deserve are two very different concepts.

straweffigy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually today reveal another weakness of this United team.

1. You either sit deep, stay compact, let us have the ball because we will be clueless most of the game + not clinical in front of goal

2. You be super physical and dominant, esp midfield and against our strikers. We won’t be able to do shlt

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: :s13:
more clinical today? he high on something strong?
"I think you can see the improvements we are making. We looked more clinical today and are scoring goals now."

The "improvement" virus has caught on with slabhead.:s13:

Last edited:

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sad state...

Manchester United have been waiting more than six years since their last Premier League hat-trick. Robin van Persie was the last man to net three times in a league game for the Red Devils on April 22, 2013. It was in final stages of Sir Alex Ferguson's reign at Old Trafford when they beat Aston Villa 3-0 at home.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now can score one more goal den opponent to win, or score enough to draw the game, can tao chio liao

ragnarok95

Reaction score
Chill. We got 250M to spend. We can sell more players away and promote the young one and finger cross a repeat of class 95.

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shaw and JL were poor for me.. Or perhaps I'm beating on the scapegoats of the team. Rashford and martial didn't have space to move
Our attacks were poor from the right - AWB sure can tackle (he did a few IN the penalty box!) but his crossing needs a Beckham trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.